Which next gen console are you getting at launch and why?

Xbox Series X, if Sony had announced ape escape remake 1+2, then it would have been both :stuck_out_tongue:

Getting too hot should not damage your console, but it will shut it down.

Series X only for me. Game Pass, Halo and the more powerful hardware are the biggest pulling points for me plus nothing on the PS side game wise interests me but both will be amaizng.

Donā€™t want to disvalue your poll, but seriously that question on an Xbox site :smile: . But to try to put it as objective as I can, Xbox showed a lot of new games or reboots instead of just sequels. So I am looking forward to new experiences more than what I have already played.

Getting Series X first for a couple reasons:

1. Halo Infinite. Halo is my favorite IP since 2001 and I want to experience Infinite in 4k (without upgrading my PC).
  2. Game Pass. Iā€™m subbed to Game Pass Ultimate until July 2023 (for now), and I want to play those games on Series X.
  3. I havenā€™t upgarded anything. I still have a One S, a PS4 slim and my gaming PC is getting old. I knew I was going to get a Series X day one, so I havenā€™t bought any mid-gen upgrades and I havenā€™t upgraded my PC. Canā€™t wait to make the jump!

Iā€™ll probably go a similar route as 8th gen concerning PlayStation. PS5 in a couple years when a couple big games are out and cheap.

1 Like

Series X with Xbox All Access.

1 Like

XSX gonna get halo infinite and a warranty with it have no interest in ps5 as Iā€™ve learned after previous attempts the playstation consoles arenā€™t my cup of tea

1 Like

Staying with PC for the time being. Game Pass and Steam have great regional pricing where I live. Games are gonna get a lot more expensive in the coming days, and it shall be more apparent on the console side. Iā€™m not willing to miss out on stuff like free multiplayer (Gold might go away but itā€™s still not conclusive, it might also be just for f2p games like what Playstation has).

Unlocked framerates or 60fps is something Iā€™m never going back from. Also, Iā€™m far more comfortable with MK+B than controllers and have found few games to be better to play on controllers than MK+B unless those games were designed primarily around controllers. Also, canā€™t miss out on two more crucial things - emulators and mods. Emulation for all the rom hacks and fan games of my beloved franchises like Pokemon.

Xbox has mods but still rather limited. Just as an example, Sekiro is my favorite game in recent years and it is getting a boss rush mode in October ie 1.5 years later. Being on PC made it possible for me to experience a great boss rush mode through mods much much earlier, and extend the replayability well beyond a few playthroughs of an arguably one and done game (which is fine, it wasnā€™t an RPG like the previous From titles). Not to mention the various cosmetic mods. I expect to remain invested in this feature in the coming years and PC is the most robust and flexible platform for me in this regard.

Now that Iā€™ve said that, it must be rather clear that among the two, Xbox is therefore far more likely to get me into their ecosystem than Playstation and thatā€™s a big reason Iā€™m interested in their portfolio moving forward. All they gotta do now is show off Lockhart at a really really good price, and I might have to change my mind!

1 Like

I was originally planning to get both but during covid Iā€™ve really reconsidered the way I spend money and how much of it I waste. So, just Series X at launch and Iā€™ll get a PS5 much later.

I hope to get both at launch. I love new toys and I hope the BC support is broad enough that I can replace my 1X and PS4 Pro for all my gaming needs. The nerd in me will also be curious to see how games compare on both platforms.

series x day one buy for me then ps5 a year later because i play 95% of my gaming on xbox

XSX at lauch or by February at the latest.

Why: Gears 5 free remaster, FH4 free remaster, Ori WotW will get an upgrade as well. And I want to play Gears Tactics at highest settings.

1 Like

Maybeā€¦ both? Xbox Series X 100%, Game Pass and fast load times will make justify this purchase.

Iā€˜ll use PS5 just for the exclusivesā€¦ maybe Spider-Man is Not enough to justify a day 1 purchase.

1 Like

XsX. Why because I love the community

Both. Always had both. Always will.

Probably none at launch, it never hurts to wait a couple months for launch issues to be ironed out, either of them would function as a secondary device to my pc anyway. So far xbox seems to be the most synergistic of the 2 and If MS drops the online paywall it would make it a lot easier to make that decision. Itā€™s pretty easy for me to just stay with pc as well.

Series X for me. I just donā€™t have time for two consoles, or space in the setup. And Iā€™m not keen on PS exclusives really so I pretty much buy the most powerful console for multiplats. And the only exclusive game I really care about is Halo. After that all the exclusives are just a bonus either way.

I am excited for the X1 enhancements: ReCore with loadtimes <10min, RDR2 & Witcher 3 with 60fps (prob not lol), 360 games at 4K with HDR, Doom Eternal at 120 fps ā€¦

edit. Iā€™ll get the XSX.

Series X on launch and PS5 on the mid gen. I dont trust Sony to cool that thing. That SSD will need very good cooling. And its weird how little we know about PS5 hardwareā€¦

Iā€™ll wait till i feel its safe to buy a PS5, i feel more confident on Series X after they said how they tested it in desert extreme conditions

God bless :craig:

Xbox Series X due to Game Pass, Smart Delivery and other stuff.

I live in Brazil, and here is a shitty place to buy games and things related (everything is too expensive). With Game Pass, Xbox has the best cost/value for me :chief:

2 Likes