What would be your "One more thing" for the upcoming showcase

I’m getting very tired with Xbox ‘It takes time’ coming ‘next year’ ‘how many studios we got’. The Series X been out almost 2 years and so far we’ve barley got any games that take advantage of it, with SONY looking now to add loads of PS1/2 classics to its subscription services, MS needs to act.

Hopfully the showcase will shut me up

Who cares about those games aside some nostalgic folks? I don’t think that they will have a compeling library of those games either.

Well COVID affected Xbox the most because Microsoft did not make that many third party deals. It also does not help that they do not do showcases.

Why are people hyped to play non enhanced PS1/PS2 games lol?

5 Likes

Hard to do a exciting ending nowadays, specially for MS with so many leaks. Sakaguchi or Kojima appearing at the end would be huge, but pretty much impossible.

A more realistic thing would be a Gameplay trailer for an unexpected Game like Perfect Dark, Fable, State of decay, inXile…

Still remember the One more thing from E3 2008 with FF13, how huge that was

I think any long-awaited title or a gameplay drop would be a great way to end the conference.

I can see InXile’s next game being revealed as one more thing or ZOS’s new game (honestly could be anything, but I’m leaning towards the Star Wars rumor)

For my absolute batshit prediction, I’d say Dragon Age 4 gameplay or a new fallout. Hell, maybe even TES6

I think TES is too far away, but I can see Inxile’s game being there.

Fallout New Vegas 2 announcement or Fable gameplay trailer

4 Likes

My answer: Xbox Cloud Gaming co-publishing Silent Hills with Kojima directing and Tango developing. Multipart, smaller scale horror anthology of sorts, powered by xCloud.

I actually think this is more plausible than just about anyone else seems to, though probably more likely for TGA’s than a summer showcase. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I was thinking about DA 4 when I wanted to counter the argument that 3rd party games shouldn’t be there. I do expect it there next year for sure.

Ive changed my mind, for my one last thing I want a new doom game reveal. Then as the doom trailer winds down it transitions to a side profile of doom guy and he engages in battle with fulgore because he is also in a new killer instinct.

1 Like

Banjo Kazooie.

I’d start crying if the game was revealed.

3 Likes

With the rumors of development issues at Playground Games for Fable, this would be a great idea as it would shut everyone up and we get to see the game!!

I keep hearing people talk development issues with Fable, where is the source?

Ex-developer who worked on Fable. Combat designer Juan Fernandez. It’s on various sites.

https://gamerant.com/fable-development-slow-playground-inexperience-rpgs/

Yeah, that’s not development trouble. We should probably stop passing that one a long.

10 Likes

Perhaps but reading that development is going slowly doesn’t exactly inspire confidence. Also, I really wish Microsoft (and all publishers in general) stop announcing their games so damn early.

That “rumor” has no credibility

2 Likes

FWIW, the original source doesn’t even say anything about development going slowly. And yeah I do wish they’d stop announcing so early. Though I guess it’s excusable when you ae building a new team.

I think sites (and people) are too eager to keep pushing the development issues at Xbox narrative.

5 Likes

It’s been established multiple times that they do that a lot for hiring. But also Microsoft have no option but to announce games that early to actually let people know they have all these games in development, that is especially for their 2020 show. But now there’s less need to it from that perspective but they’ll still do it because it’s a hiring tool.

3 Likes

Sites and people seem ok and understanding with games from Sony and Rockstar for example taking 5-6 years of development, and they’ll even say it’s good because it ensures game quality, but they’ll forget that when it comes to Xbox :phil_unsure:

7 Likes