What would be your "One more thing" for the upcoming showcase

The resurrection of Star Wars 1313. Fully exclusive to Xbox Series/PC.

would love to see an IOI acquisition and see the bond game built specifically for xbox

2 Likes

Ohohoho holy shit. That would be massive. That OST is god tier

Killer Instinct II.

Being developed in co-operation with XGP and Dialla?

GAAS.

Launches 2023

What I think will be shown anyway

2 Likes

Introduction of Vault studios under Bethesda. Handling the Fallout IP.

4 Likes

ZeniMax Online Studios next game I guess? idk

Chrono Trigger Remake. A big F you to Sonyā€™s FF hoarding.

The next Yakuza. Day One one Gamepass.

I always seem to remember Yakuza LAD was a day one on Game Pass for some reason but then I find out not

Looking at past years we had:

2021: Redfall CG reveal 2020: Fable CG reveal 2019: Halo Infinite ā€œDiscover Hopeā€ CG 2018: Cyberpunk ā€œgameplay cutā€ trailer

So yeah, two reveals and two trailers for previously announced (but not much seen) games.

Now in terms of what it could beā€¦

• Iā€™m sure they go first party for this one. Too many options.
  • Iā€™m not sure they continue the current CG reveal streak. They like to change things up (see e.g. TGAs) and might figure they should try something different. I think it could be either a brand new game, farther along with a gameplay cut trailer a la Gears 5 in 2018, or it could be a first extended showing of an announced game.
  • I donā€™t think itā€™s a Bethesda game. Best candidates for new games would be ending on id, ZOS new game, or Wolfenstein 3 (if it exists). None of those feel like a show ender to me - ZOS because itā€™s sort of ā€œwatā€ as far as studio/game type and the other two because itā€™s a bit ā€œstereotypical Xboxā€ to do an FPS. As far as ā€œfirst showingā€ types, I also donā€™t think they end on Redfall two years in a row or Starfield right after announcing the delay.
  • Main candidates for new XGS games would be InXile, Compulsion, Coalition, or publishing. Of these, it could be publishing if itā€™s the right project (Banjo) but Iā€™m guessing itā€™s not. Coalition is a great candidate if far enough along as I said in my first post. InXile seems a bit niche and also far out, as much as Iā€™m there for it personally. Compulsion is probably closer and a better candidate, but does it really work as a ā€œmic dropā€ or ā€œone more thingā€? Idk.
  • Main candidates for first showings from XGS would be Fable, Perfect Dark, Avowed, SOD3, Forza Motorsport, technically Everwild and Hellblade 2. Iā€™d say itā€™s clear it wonā€™t be SOD3 or Forza ending the show. Avowed doesnā€™t feel mass audience enough. Everwild and Hellblade are too ā€œfamiliarā€ even though we know almost nothing in terms of actual gameplay.

So for me that leaves the following best options:

1. Compulsionā€™s game, if it looks amazing
  2. Coalitionā€™s new IP, if itā€™s far enough along
  3. Perfect Dark, if itā€™s in good shape
  4. Fable
  5. Major publishing reveal like Banjo

If I had to pick just one, Iā€™d cheat and say Coalition or Fable would make the best ends to the show.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a shame. It got be a nice way to get some good PR for Team XBox without needing to buy another studio. Hopfully MS will show me up and show off amazing stuff coming for 2022 next month

It all requires some work, investigations and technologies. There is a limit on what can they do. Stuff like Auto HDR, sharpening filters etc. took some time for development.

Maybe they will acquire something. We donā€™t know.

One more thing, hmmā€¦

Honestly, Iā€™m not sure. It canā€™t be a tease, because ending off not on gameplay isnā€™t fun. I also canā€™t think of current XGS projects that would fit that ā€œOmg, this is being made?!ā€ feeling Iā€™d want from a ā€œlast thingā€. Itā€™s gotta be something thatā€™s both a surprise but still either has some gameplay, or is known enough that people donā€™t need to guess how itā€™ll play.

Which really just makes one thing stick out to me. A Halo Wars 3 announcement would be very cool, even if Iā€™ve barely played 1 and 2.

1 Like

It was a next gen series exclusive though which was good.

I think Halo Wars 2 was the ā€œone more thingā€ for Xboxā€™s Gamescom show in 2015 (with a CG teaser). That was a different time, though, and I donā€™t think they would end on a strategy game. Fable was the ā€œone more thingā€ in 2020 but again, CG.

Honestly, assuming itā€™s a new reveal and not just gameplay of a previously announced game, Project Midnight might make the most sense. Or some unknown Bethesda title we donā€™t know about.

Yeah thatā€™s actually one of my predictions for the future of Xbox. I foresee 007 becoming a pillar franchise for Xbox. IOI will be purchased. All of Activisionā€™s 007 games will become backwards compatible. Rareā€™s Goldeneye will be remade.

2 Likes

For me Conkers Bad Fur Day 2.

1 Like

At this point of time if they have any surprises announcement for release end of the year, then that should be the one more thing

A kart racer game with iconic Xbox characters

3 Likes

I agree with you if itā€™s something big like Wolfenstein 3. I donā€™t think they should end on Penitment or Project Belfry (or Forza Motorsport).

1 Like