What news will MS drop this week to dilute the Spartacus reveal news cycle?

?

No, this was not the point. You even said: “Compare Xbox this year, to Xbox last year. It’s like two different companies.”

So is it different now or not?

And if you compare the first quarter of this year to the full last year, this makes no sense. Compare the full year when 2022 ended.

Xbox didn’t change their output in the latter half of last year because of media and fan backlash. Their output reflects their capability. Like this year. Why would they make a big showcase in the first quarter, when they have nothing to release?

1 Like

They should drop Gold :tipping_hand_woman:.

2 Likes

They will drop the Games with Gold for April this week, yes.

3 Likes

I agree Microsoft should drop gold unless they improve their games with gold lineup

1 Like

Well it will happen eventually.

1 Like

Xbox makes big moves, but people tend to downplay it for some reason.

-MLB the show coming to Gamepass Day1 is big news and is a big deal. April.

-Sniper Elite 5 coming to Gamepass Day1 is also a big deal. May.

• Forza Horizon DLC1 &2 will be a big deal and should release summer and winter respectively.

• E3 will belong to Xbox. PlayStation doesn’t even show up anymore. June.

• The closing of the Activision deal will give us 20-50 new backwards compatible games all added to Gamepass probably. This alone is probably the highlight of the year.

-Starfield 11.11

It was a big deal. Last year. Now it will be a big deal if does not come to Game Pass :joy:

4 Likes

Lol on what planet will it get more subs? Unless you wanna shoehorn in the lower tier.

New games aint coming to this service outside of random low budget stuff like shadowrunner

The thing that anybody can see from a mile away, is that PSNow is dead. It’s got barely any subs. So, by adding it into one big package, it suddenly gets all its original subs, new ones, plus… all of PS+. Meaning, from a numbers game, it will suddenly be higher than Gamepass, even though it’s not exactly the same thing.

It’s pretty much all people care about a beating Gamepass numbers.

2 Likes

Nothing except games with gold and maybe the next batch of gamepass games.

I’d be fine with MS saying you won’t need gold to play online. Gold will then become a way to always pay less on the Xbox store,

I don’t think transferring PS Now’s library will be possible. Obviously PS3 games are out due to lack of PS3 servers but it goes beyond that. Most of the titles have stayed in PS Now library permanently. That will have to change, the industry can’t allow to sell itself so cheaply when Xbox is paying big money. PlayStation got very favorable contracts that will need to be renegotiated if the service is rebooted. Not to mention that Bethesda and Activision are likely to not join the service. EA is also the elephant in the room that nobody talks about. I suspect Xbox pays EA $1 per subscriber per month. That’s about $30 million dollars every month. Can PlayStation match that? EA Play is not likely to be included in PlayStation Spartacus. Think of Spartacus more like Nintendo Online. Very small collection of old games from its glory years in the 90’s. PS5 streaming is also going to be nonexistent since that would require sacrificing system sales of PS5 and Sony won’t do that.

I don’t understand why people don’t think this will be bigger than GamePass ?

Personally I think Sony exclusives (except Bloodborne, and Death stranding if you count this) are all boring as ****, and I’ve tried them all when I had a PS5 (which I have since sold for a series x).

But my opinion seems to be in the vast vast minority, reading online forums it seems like the vast vast majority of gamers love Playstation games, and due to this I can see Spartacus easily catching up to and surpassing GamePass.

I might even sub for a month and play Bloodborne , try returnal if it’s on the cloud.

For those who know history, don’t you know why the code name is Spartacus ? I’ll leave you with that…

1. New sony games will not be in the service at launch for the forseaable future
  2. Sony is not as invested as MS in the subscription game
  3. PSNOW was around for many years and only grew to 4ish million. Microsoft grew to 7x that size in a smaller timeframe with minimal first party support.

I think Spartacus will be successful. Mainly because they are bringing in the pre existing PS PLUS base (which is required to play online games and the main reason to subscribe if we are being honest). But it is unrealistic to see Sony matching or surpassing the value and brand awareness that Game Pass has built. It is the “Netflix of Games” and that is hard to over come.

4 Likes

I was about to say spartacus will be bad enough to make fans want to speak about it as little as possible but I see that’s the general sentiment anyway.

If the screenshots are real, which judging by sonys practices the past 3 years I imagine they are, all they are doing is merging ps now and ps plus while adding “demos”, but at the same time increasing the price of current ps plus if they don’t have a yearly plan.

MS are all about E3, love it or hate it, thats the way they are.

It costs money to create vertical slices, and time and effort. Its bound to be a huge strain on the devs.

2 Likes

How many of those people want to wait 12-24 months to play the game they love? It ain’t coming day 1.

1 Like

The gaming addicts online don’t correct, but your average consumer doesn’t care.