What news will MS drop this week to dilute the Spartacus reveal news cycle?

I’m sure there will be something…

Big GamePass drops ? An acquisition? Some gameplay of new titles such as avowed or fable ?

1 Like

Nothing. Spartacus sounds like ass.

14 Likes

Nothing. No need to do anything.

3 Likes

Spartacus will be shit but I hope Microsoft has a huge drop for game pass in April to really drive home that point.

3 Likes

No need.

1 Like

Spartacus will likely get more subs than GamePass, we don’t need to downplay it here.

It will be funny when GamePass detractors start praising Spartacus though

I don’t see how it gets more subs unless you mean PS Plus? PS Plus has about 48 million subs while Game Pass a much more premium service is above 25 million. I highly doubt more than 25 million people will be subbing to tier 2/3 of Spartacus.

2 Likes

More people own Playstation so it will lead to more subs… And if they allow people to stream games on PC I’ll be signing up too.

1 Like

That’s not true at all. The subscription service has to be compelling for people to subscribe, PS now for instance only has 2 million subs.

More people doesn’t = more subs.

2 Likes

PSNOW had like 3 million subs after many years. Where were the subs for that service considering Spartacus is sounding like an enhanced version of that ?

4 Likes

The obvious thing for them to do would be kill Gold.

Anyway, they will do nothing and don’t need to do anything. This service isn’t getting more subs than Game Pass if it’s not even getting the effort to be a proper competitor. The only thing they might do better is marketing (greatly important, yes)

4 Likes

April should be good

1 Like

I don’t recall MS doing anything like this, to try to dilute a competitor’s announcement or whatever. However, if Spartacus is good competition, obviously MS gotta step up their offering even more. But, if what we’re reading about it is true, it’s not something that will move anything from MS just yet.

I hope that competition gets strong, because that’ll jist get MS to spend even more on Game Pass, and maybe even make MS go with a really powerful move to make which is remove Gold, which also could eventually make PS consider removing PS+

2 Likes

I am kinda interested with the business of the last few months. 2 state of plays, acquisitions, Elden Ring, Nintendo Direct, Kirby, Halo TV show and now the alleged Spartacus reveal.

I can’t help but think that Xbox had a sense that these things were gunna be loud and happy to wait for it to blow over before poking their heads up again.

I think they just don’t have anything ready to show haha

1 Like

Lol I doubt Kirby is sending Microsoft shivering in their boots…

Having said that I will be buying it :joy:

1 Like

If anything, Microsoft will stay quiet for the entire week and then announce the Game Pass games for April the following week.

1 Like

Forever the optimist :wink:

1 Like

Probably just some April gamepass games since it will be the start of April soon

Even though it’s march on Tuesday the 29th itll be two weeks and likely the April game pass announcement day