What news will MS drop this week to dilute the Spartacus reveal news cycle?

Plenty of games still come to PS4, so will those be new (multiplats) or just whatever Now and Plus offer every month?

1 Like

I mean for PS5 games you need PS5 blades…Considering the shortage I don’t believe that Sony spent a huge chunk of their production capacity to streaming, rather than sales. Unlike Xbox who was selling Series S last year, while putting Series X blades to Azure last year. I don’t remember the rumored amount of % towards Azure blades.

2 Likes

I would say the year is far from being done, still plenty of times to talk about stuff.

1 Like

Then people should be more specific what they demand from Xbox in the news cycle :woman_shrugging:t2:

What did Xbox have in the news cycle the first 3 months last year? I can’t remember anything on the scale of “exactly what people want though”.

1 Like

I am pretty sure that big events keep Xbox in the news cycle.

There were no big events in the first 3 months last year. We survived just fine.

3 Likes

So you’re saying that by putting all their news, events, info and reveals all at the end of the year, and annoying a lot of people… That they should do that again?

I’m never going to be the sort of person to say “just get something out”, but their pacing has been an issue. They spent the better half of last year in the news… Every… Single… Day. They were constantly talked about, constantly brought up. This year, they have done very little. Yes, Activision is a big deal, but it doesn’t benefit anybody other than share holders RIGHT NOW. In fact, the news soon turned to “big bad MS” and how they are the bad guy (while being ignored the other way around as usual). Yes, Indie showcases are nice, but they are also not what the vast majority of owners want.

The point is that MS have enough content, but are sitting on a lot for what I assume is a big blow out. The trouble is, they need that content out NOW, not later. Sony have been in the news constantly, as MS were. And the general public have very short attention spans.

4 Likes

Thats not what I’m saying. I asked you a question, you didn’t answer.

What I’m saying: Microsoft should do their announcements when they have something to say. And certainly not in some defensive reactionary way just because Sony drops a news and Xbox fans get impatient. Like right now :woman_shrugging:t6:

5 Likes

That’s true but the difference was Xbox still was constantly in the news. We had leaks about Project Dragon, Kojima’s game, and much more, we also had Outriders and MLB (this dominated the news cycle) day 1 on game pass. While on the Sony side it was bad news almost everyday from Sony Japan being closed to Bloomberg’s article about Sony forcing their studios to make only blockbusters like TLOU 1 remake at Naughty Dog. This year is different because Sony is dominating the news cycle with positive news while MS is nowhere to be found.

These are not news, thats mostly just console wars fodder.

3 Likes

First of all, drop the attitude. It’s not needed.

Second of all, yes, I did answer. They did very little at the start of last year, THAT was the point. They were hung in the media for that, and it annoyed a lot of people, so much so they took the feedback and packed the end in a much better way.

I haven’t once said they need to do something reactionary. In fact, I said they were the opposite of that.

Which ones exactly are not news? shutting down studios and project leaks are console war fodder?

I am just guessing here, I could be off, but I think they do not have much to say right now. If Redfall was ready, I think they would have spoken about it. For all we know we get something in April, but it is more likely it comes at E3. Same with Avowed, same with Starfield.

From what I’ve heard, I don’t think timings of things were in their favour. Goldeneye was supposed to be revealed, but has been put back (I’m guessing due to Russia). Redfall and other games should have more info, but again maybe they are just not quite ready. That’s the way the world is right now, sadly. MS are very good at letting people take their time, but sometimes can be a little too lax as well. Who knows, really. I’m sure in a few months they will start this amazing bombardment of info again. Hell, there is even a piece of hardware coming, which I think is the new streaming stick. Plus a controller, may be elite 3, may be new haptics, not sure on that at all.

But what would be great is more stuff spread out, really.

2 Likes

I just hope this is the last quiet first half, it’s getting old. I really thought that they would carry the momentum from the fall this time. But it is what it is.

I agree i just think the way things are panning out has clumped all this news together

1 Like

I was always expecting it to be quiet, especially after the initial Stalker 2 delay. The pacing of MS will be decided at next E3. If they can establish a release schedule that covers H1 next year we won’t have to worry about a drought again.

1 Like

Yeah, there are reasons for everything.

1 Like

Not like this

Oh I just got it. I probably wouldn’t if I haven’t check the recent trend last night. Yes, I didn’t watch it.