What game do you not enjoy, but wish you enjoyed?

Apex legends. I know it’s a quality BR game, I just don’t care for the different classes and hectic gameplay. I prefer everyone to be at the same state and need to build from there like in PUBG.

1 Like

Maybe I will, I only put a couple hours in before giving up :slight_smile: I have it on xbox one digitally :smiley:

The Last of Us 2. The first game is a classic in my eyes, but the sequel horribly botches the story that I just didn’t enjoy it nearly as much.

The Gears of War games. They just… Idk, clunky? Not sure if that’s the right word.

1 Like

Breath of the Wild. I can see the value in it but just couldn’t enjoy it…just felt too bland.

1 Like

Skyrim for me. I’ve tried on a number of occasions to get into it and always got bored before the 10 hour mark. I loved oblivion and it’s dlcs. Got all the achievements too but I just couldn’t even motivate myself play Skyrim anymore even though it has friggin dragons.

The side quests weren’t fun and the main quest line I couldn’t be bothered with. The guilds just weren’t as interesting.

Characters sharing the same voice actor having a conversation just annoyed me to no end while I found it somewhat less annoying in oblivion

I might try again at some point

1 Like

Splatoon 2.

God, this one frustrates me. I love the music, the graphics, the idea of it being a shooter with a big twist…but I just never have any fun playing it. I can’t find a weapon that really feels good, I can’t get a grasp on the swimming vs. shooting, the PvE mode is only available in certain times… I just hate it. Love to look at it, hate to play it.

1 Like

Dark Souls and those types of games, its just not fun for me to keep retrying to beat a boss. Dishonored 2 I keep downloaded, Loved the first one, but after 3-4 hour long gameplay, I wasn’t having fun. I DO want to try later, as AC syndicate was the same way, after coming back to it after a year or 2, I love it, even beat the DLC.

EDIT: FO4, I loved 3 and NV, I’ve tried multiple times, I think its too much like the prior ones, with weaker story.

EDIT2: earned the EDIT badge, be jealous peeps, it was hard earned, but I deserve it. I want to thank my Mom and Colbert for showing me the light.

5 Likes

Rockstar games, i really dislike their gameplay and i wish their were better at it.

2 Likes

The Evil Within. I tried playing it years ago but only got 30 mins in. In my quest to clear my blacklog, I picked it up again and hated every second of it. Awkward controls, had BS 1 hit kills, annoying animations that can’t be skipped or canceled out of, felt slow and clunky. At least with the sequel I can cheat my way through, with achievements still obtainable :smirk:

Sony games… As much as I may like the story or visuals I find the games just not fun. Playing ghost of tsushima right now and I’m just dragging my feet to get it done and I felt the same about HZD and days gone. Only games I liked from sony this gen have been spiderman and god of war. Haven’t played last of us 2 because I didnt really enjoy the first one outside of the multiplayer. Just feel like games try to hard to be movies or tv dramas and not enough time being a fun video game. I’ve had more enjoyment playing sea of thieves making random friends from around the world. Even when it first came out being so limited I was having fun getting drunk after a successful treasure hunt or blowing up other peoples ships. :man_shrugging: to each their own

3 Likes

Sea of Thieves. I love the artstyle and just want to do the Tales… but other Pirates are killing me. I‘m bad at combat and often alone.

2 Likes

I felt this way about uncharted 4 and the order 1886 sadly, I want to like the games but I don’t, I found myself bored out my mind during the Scotland mission on uncharted 4 and dropped once I hit Madagascar, I can see the huge appeal of the games to casual players, but someone who wants something a little more engaging without huge down times of listening or watching for what seemed like half hour periods.

That being said playing crash at the start and the dialogue there was hilarious :slight_smile: but sadly the game wasn’t for me :frowning:

1 Like

Nier: Automata.

I like games that focus on combat. I like sci-fi. I like deep, confusing existential themes. I like good music. I like bullet hells. I’m fine with anime visuals.

But I just can NOT get into Automata. I pre-ordered it on PS4 and bought it on PC as well. I’ve tried to start the game 3 times. All 3 times, I am both frustrated by the combat and bored by it. Just doesn’t click with me. :confused:

With that said, I do plan on giving it a 4th try, so we’ll see if any of that changes.

1 Like

I love the way everyone is able to say what it is about the games that didn’t click for them. Makes it easier to see how we have the feel of a game.

I will say that Last of us is still unfinished. I ended up watching a playthrough to get the story beats. I guess the story of a man losing a child and reconnecting gets lost on a child free husband. Still think it is a great game. Just something gets lost between me and the game but that is ok.

Only other one that comes to mind is Bloodborne. I finished both Dark Souls 1 and 2, got half way through three but Bloodborne didn’t gel in the same way. I guess the aggressive combat style is not my strength and I found it more irritating which is a pity. My wife and i live the aesthetic of the world and would love to dive in but we both just can’t play it for longer than a half hour before just giving up.

2 Likes

Nier automata, I purchased that the day it landed on xbox one after all the insane amount of praise the game was getting online, being luaded as the goat, I was really excited for it to land on xbox.

I love the music and STG sections, but the combat was boring, the quests were dull fetch quests, the environments were very grey/dull/bland, invisible walls EVERYWHERE, I felt like the game just seem to get away with what I’ve seen so many games gets away with before.

I beat the first playthrough what took me about 10 hours, and decided to write it off, but others keep telling me I’m wrong to not like and must beat it 2 more times! No thank you haha.

1 Like

Tlou, I like the story and characters, I dropped that game and just watched the cutscenes on YouTube as well.

Thought the gameplay was pretty bad, but I can see the appeal of the game (but after uncharted 4 I realised naughty dog games just are not for me, but I can definitely see why people love them, being more like interactive films)

1 Like

Monster Hunter World. I was enjoying the game to a degree for the first few hours, up to the part where you first climb around on the giant monster’s back. However, once the game clicks into full grind mode and makes you collect X monster tusks to make new armour, I found the quantities required to be simply unreasonable. Fighting the same monsters 4-5 times just to make some armour which will need replacing very soon after anyway… changed from exciting experience to chore very suddenly.

1 Like

Sea of Thieves, I love the art, the world, the themes, but I only ever had fun with it in super rare instances (lol rare). It’s a game that really depends on who you play with I feel, and I typically play games alone. ;(( forever_alone.jpg

2 Likes

A lot if not most story driven titles. I just don’t care much or enjoy videogame stories. I wish I did but I just find the story gets in the way of enjoying playing the game. I grew up on addictive gameplay loops and that is what I enjoy…with a few exceptions I have very little interest in the story. Generally because I think the majority are terrible. Games are not a good device for storytelling in my view.

For me:

• Ryse
  • Sunset Overdrive

The reason I never finished them.

Btw: Please don’t tell me that you find those games crazy good. Sometimes it is a matter of taste. For instance, I liked Recore and Crackdown, I have even beaten Two Worlds and Two Worlds 2. :sunglasses:

1 Like