What game do you not enjoy, but wish you enjoyed?

• The Witcher 3
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • The Outer Wild
1 Like

Another honorable mention: HZD. Played enough to get the Plat, but I don’t think it was much fun. Certainly not the masterpiece many claim it was. Combat never quite clicked for me.

Call me crazy, but as far as open world collect-a-thons go, I thought Crackdown 3 did a better job of being “fun”— an element video games seem to forget about these days.

2 Likes

God of War (PS4) the gameplay made me headache. I struggle with a a lot enemy’s on screen Dark Souls? Easy. God of War? Hell nahh.

1 Like

Breath of the WIld, Minecraft, and the entire battle royale genre

I find BottW and MInecraft too aimless for me to absorb myself in their gameplay loops.

Battle Royale games give me too much anxiety and I feel like I’m just waiting to die 90% of the time. Can’t be bothered to git gud

1 Like

I think he was just trying it out with Hitman, as I haven’t seen him on the game since haha :slight_smile:

But at the time he said he was just trying out and couldn’t stop playing it!

He was incredibly friendly and great to chat too!

He also said the one thing he really loves about the UK is the trains for public transport, fun fact for you there XD.

He plays my usual main of witch hunter, so I had to go in as the little hammer guy XD.

1 Like

Untitled Goose Game for me. Had heard some many great things about it but hasn’t got round to playing it. Tried 2 or 3 times to get into it recently but can’t. I love the art style and the premise but the gameplay is just dull.

2 Likes

The Witcher 3…seriously on at least 3 or 4 occasions I tried to start a game and never finish it because the combat is so bland and the game in general is so boring.

Its a goal of mine to one day finish it

AC: Odyssey: Large, empty, boring world filled with fetch quest. Weird game design with leveling enemies.

A Plague Tale: boring gameplay loop. Story is interesting till the brother is doing " his thing for the plot"

FF10: The story feels rushed. Missing some downtime. Characters are boring.

The new God of War (PS4). I liked the old ones but this one is just kind of boring. Gameplay also doesn’t feel as smooth.

Sea of Thieves. Just can’t get into the gameplay loop.

1 Like

I loved the immersive gameplay, it’s a tad slower than your usual game but the absolutely amazing animations you are getting for this is totally worth it. I also loved that you had to pull the hammer with an additional pull on the controller trigger. All those details pulled me further in to this game. I also love that you can interact with every npc in this game. It’s an absolut achievement. It’s really the most impressive game I have ever played, loved every second of it. There’s also this great contrast between these atmospheric and calm rides through this rich and living world and the frentic shootouts in the missions. It’s easily the best game of this current generation and a crowning technical achievement for these past 7 years.

Fallout 4 for me. I had bought fallout 3 and didn’t really get into it but played a fair amount. Got hyped for fallout 4, bought the PC version, hardback guide and season pass at launch… played 3-5 hours and just couldn’t get into it.

1 Like

I forgot about fallout 4, I got caught up into everyone else’s hype for the game and purchased it, and did chapter 1 where you meet the fella with the hat, and decided it just wasn’t for me, I think I had just been spoilt by other higher quality rpgs, the writing was awful and I hated the gunplay

I’ve also realised over time that I’m not really into post-apocalyptic settings. Combine that with my indifference to zombies and superheroes it is not the best era of media for me!

1 Like

!. Yeah the levelling enemies is reeeeallly weird. I completely forgot about that. I’m someone who loves a solid grind - makes that entirely pointless. Love the game still.

1. A Plague Tale - I just bought this on a Steam Sale - even got the DLC for like a buck or something. I hope I have more fun than you did - it just looks so cool! Something about rats always gets me.

2. Don’t you ever open your mouth around me again if you dare speak ill of FFX!!

:sweat_smile:

A plague tale has dlc? That’s news to me XD

Not a fan of anything Ninja Theory has made. Technically impressive, but not really very fun. Haven’t been able to get into Halo since Bungie left either …

And OP, you might want to give Blue Dragon another chance. It’s one of my favorite games, but it starts pretty slowly …

1 Like

I wish I can get into Halo. Last first person shooter I enjoyed was Titanfall 2.

1 Like

I love the FF10s siundtrack, really interesting setting/lore and gorgeous world. Sadly it’s not for me. It’s getting worse if I’m thinking about FF10-2 :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Oh, it’s totally an achievement. No doubt. And I wish I could appreciate it beyond the technical aspects.

But for me, there’s such a thing as being too immersive. And this game crosses that threshold— to the point where it was just not fun.

But I guess I could say that about most Rockstar games? Gameplay has never felt particularly good.

Edited for spelling

1 Like