What features would you like Xbox to improve?

No you’re right. I should have specified.

“I wish Quick Resume felt as smooth and stable as Suspend/Resume does on Switch and PS5”

The Suspend feature on those consoles requires them to be turned on all the time, though. Personally I like to turn off my consoles, and the ability to save the game state even when the console is turned off is amazing. Also, it works for multiple games, which is not the case on both Switch and PS5 (I don’t have a PS5 for now, so correct me if I am wrong).

Aside from the occasional hiccup, and the fact that it doesn’t work at all for online games, I personally love the fluidity of Quick Resume.

I mentioned a tagging feature in another thread where you could tag friends in games on Gamepass that you think they would like. Not everyone follows the service as closely as people here. Countless times I’ve had friends describe this game they saw and were thinking about buying and I have to tell them hey that’s on Gamepass.

Do something with achievements. It doesn’t need some giant overhaul but at least bring it to par with the PlayStation when it comes to feature sets. Stuff like separate dlc lists and maybe a version of a platinum.

Maybe some kind of tag the let’s you know quick resume works on this title? There are definitely scenarios where I think a game would work with it and it doesn’t.

That’s about all I got right now. I’ve been enjoying my experience with the Series X so far.

Gotcha gotcha, sorry wasn’t trying to be pedantic, just though I missed some news!

1 Like

Bringing Microsoft rewards to more countries, as well as doing more achievement related activities in rewards.

1 Like

1)HDR working for 1440p(only for years has worked in 4k), I have a 1440p monitor and this is super annoying known issue they still haven’t fixed yet)

2)Quick Resume not buggy(60% of the time makes Halo 5 matchmaking not work unless closing it out)

3)“y” button on controller (any controller) sometimes does a “no op”…ie… no response

4)When I go through the menu of freeing up space for another game, after freeing enough space, Xbox says need to free up even more

1. #1 non fixable issue, stop matching me up with scrub teammates in Halo 5
  • Unlock fps boost, heutchy method, and auto hdr for all games, and let us disable individually if something breaks
  • Gives more options on how the above is applied (for example to prevent FO4 to downgrade to the xbone version if fps boost is implemented, if you are ok with a non perfect fps or have VRR)
  • Have the option to automatically sync captures on onedrive, instead of manually
  • Rework everything about capturing from the ground up
  • Clubs have been left out recently. Also rework from the ground up with Discord integration
  • Mobile apps were made fast but had significant cuts in features. Now it’s as slow as it was before. Made them fast and fully functional again.
  • Have the same mod support on xbox as the one they are working on windows
  • The progression system overhaul to achivements leaked by windows central should still happen.

Another thing I’ve remembered, I don’t know if this is just a problem with me, but I never get any notifications from my wishlist anymore, which kind of defeats the purpose for me. I got a couple of messages in the first month or so after they went live but nothing since then. I’ve ended up missing quite a few game sales because I trusted I would get the notifications.

1 Like

MS really need to improve its capture and uploading game clips and pics. Anytime I look to record a clip the music breaks up and the frame rate sometimes take a hit

And there should be an App to upload clips for the Series X it’s self too

I still got them, though only in the history.

Though, that’s another area that needs an overhaul

• Being visible to friends
  • Removing owned games automatically
  • When gifiting shows only your contacts that doesn’t have the game as eligible for receiving.
1 Like

Well, I can create groups and this is ok, but on dashboard only 30 games (i think I’m not not sure) are shown. Just adding a page or a scrolling bar to show all games into the group would be great

Absolutely the worst sharing system alive in any console space

It’s something I’m actually surprised is still unresolved but if they could allow HDR at 1080p or 1440p that would be great.

Not sure how they would go about fixing this, but this really bugs me: some games aren’t bundled together and it’s infuriating.

A few examples from my library:

• Dead Rising
  • Dead Rising 2
  • Dead Rising 2 Off the Record
  • Dead Rising 2 Case West
  • Dead Rising 3
  • Dead Rising 4
  • Dead Space
    [14 more entries]
  • DR2: CASE ZERO

And of course:

• The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim SE
    [4 full pages]
  • Oblivion

Yes, better automatic collections and filtering of games would be nice. As a work around, you can create your own groups and manually add games to them.

Just so much this. Just give me a folder full of images I can upload to wherever or that I can dump en masse into a USB drive or folder on my network to do with what I wish. Sending them through the Aether and being at the whims of its eddies and “shortcuts” its just stupid.

Angry Professor Farnsworth GIF

The lag…it is still persistent and XSX/XSS shouldn’t suffer from this problem, it is an OS problem.

Why?

When you press B on any aspect of the OS it behaves like a web browser and takes you back a page instead of up a level in the menu tree, it makes things like the store insufferable when you are purchasing add-ons or really anything, MS rewards pages are damn near broken because of it. I understand the OS is essentially connected by background MS Edge pages but the user shouldn’t see that.

The store while better than it was is still very rough, claustrophobic and stiff compared to the competition, it isn’t enjoyable to navigate and like most things on Xbox its functional which is fantastic and it really is the most functional of the 3 console stores, but it’s utterly joyless. It displays plenty of information but it just feels cramped and doesn’t let the game art shine. Compounding this issue is that while the store displays plenty of useful info like XlS enhanced or prices, add ons, sales, etc; it has a terrible time remembering if I own something and I often have to load a title in the listing once or twice to get the store to remember my licences. Xbox needs to get the functionality done and dusted and move on to the look and feel really celebrate the games and their creativity.

Screenshots and general capture shouldn’t have lag when they are taken, most of my avengers screenshots got messed up because when the framing was perfect I’d press share and by the time the capture occurs the camera had cut to another view its behaving like a slow phone camera not slow enough for most people to notice but good luck timing a shot. Side note to this is the upload speed is atrocious when playing a game and I used to blame the limited jaguar core power in background processes but its still happening on Series…

Mic Monitoring (Sidetone) needs to be adjustable at least 200% higher than its current maximum, the Razer Thresher Ultimates and Xbox Wireless Headset are too quiet to use without making me stammer being unable to hear myself. I end up wearing the headset like its the old 360 headset.

Game subscriptions (Gamepass) should give your primary console a renewable offline key that requires a check in at a reasonable interval instead of a constant online check, for those times lets say you are moving or changing ISP’s or there is an internet outage. (not 100% on how it handles it as of now with primary console set but this is for the edge cases)

Controller features are lacking even if the competitions are gimmicks, they stifle creativity by not exploring it at all with the controller (impulse triggers were half baked and abandoned)

Bonus round, I think Achievements are long overdue for a rethink. The points system needs to go, it was innovative in 2005 but hasn’t aged well and I went from being resistant to “trophies” to realizing they do a better job of rewarding individual tasks with the simple 3 tiers bronze silver and gold making each one feel more important than 5 GS for killing 10 wolves etc, ntm the Platinums are a cooler goal than a score total. This one is really subjective but having hit over 100k gamerscore I just stopped caring about the number and the individual tasks short of 50 score felt like busy work and were ignored for the most part. They can keep the score available but make it a legacy feature and think of something fresh.

Because playing games that don’t require an internet connection should be playable off-line. If im paying for Game Pass, I should be able to do this.

I remember playing Gears 5 Hivebusters off-line in January but playing Gears Tactics, I couldn’t. I don’t know if it’s the game or if I did something. Once I wrap up Outriders, I will be able to tryout something to see if it was me or Gears Tactics.