What features would you like Xbox to improve?

You pretty much nailed the 2 things I would like Xbox to improve.

The phone app is awful right now. I miss the old app. I hope they can create something great. And I hate the record function on console. I cannot edit for the life of me. Every time I cut a clip I record it freezes at around 60-70-80% and stays that way for hours. The old app wasn’t perfect but it did the job. Now ? Ugh.

1. ability to organize friends in groups

2. achievements need some love

-The mobile app needs improving. I’d like them to add the store back and make it work well this time. Doesn’t make sense that I can send a command to download the game from the phone app, but not actually buy the game while I’m there.

-As others have said, a better/more efficient way to share images. Hope they at least let me download the uploaded images from the PC Xbox app.

-streaming options on Xbox are limited and cumbersome. Do whatever is necessary to make nice with Google to allow streaming to YouTube.

-not sure if it’s a controller or KB issue but on four different Xboxes now, my input will sometimes be registered twice. Would really like this to be fixed.

-adding a full shutdown option when holding the Xbox button would also be nice. Shouldn’t have to go into the settings if we want to randomly shut down our consoles.

That is so they can get around paying Apple or Google the 30% of any and all purchases through the app.

2 Likes

I believe the actual reason for the removal of the store is that an app cannot do streaming and have a store simultaneously which is why Playstation has a separate app for streaming entirely. At least thats what I remember from a video Rand made.

1 Like

All Series consoles? Never heard of the issue

I never thought of that. So when I buy a PS game on the PS app, Google receives 30% of that?

I’m assuming this is about the console streaming? Because Game Pass Xcloud streaming is on a different app.

This kind of makes sense with the twisted ways they handle their stores.

Xbox One VCR, Xbox One X, Xbox Series X, and Xbox Series S. On all four when using the on screen keyboard, my inputs will sometimes register twice, causing two of the same letters to be typed out.

I’m not sure, but Xbox used to have ability to buy games and then just removed it outright. Something must have changed between then and when they yanked the feature.

I didn’t get actual confirmation thats the situation and haven’t been eager to track through Google’s T&C looking for changes that would align with it. Fairly confident this is the situation on Apple given the stipulations they listed for Game Streaming to be its own app (separately listed each and every game etc). So now we have Amazon and Microsoft going the Progressive Web App path.

1 Like

Shitty random store updates on my games and apps. Do thst in the background without telling me. And no I do not put game updates to background because I like to pick and choose what games to update.

Ehh i didn’t see the problem with that. Store updates take like 15 seconds anyway.

Its more annoying when I’m trying to do things manually.

It should just update in the background not be part of an app. Why is the store an app anyway?

I think an entire thread could be devoted to this topic. I feel unqualified to make one because I’m not an achievement hunter, but even I can see that this area holds a lot of potential.

It’s probably an app to help the dashboard run smoother and faster.

I think because it receives more frequent updates than the operating system. Wouldn’t it be more annoying if you had to reboot the Xbox for every store update?

1. Sharing needs a complete overhaul. It’s so damn fluid and easy on PS5 that it makes Xbox look broken by comparison

2. 4K UI. I don’t care what anyone says. This remains inexcusable for me. If there’s a genuine reason for it, then say so

3. Stability updates for the OS. Nintendo and Sony do them and have done for years and their OSes have always run smoother and snappier than Xbox. Time to start

4. Custom wallpapers that follow you to any console. All Microsoft accounts have OneDrive storage built in. If I use a custom wallpaper, upload it to my OneDrive and have it follow me to any console I log into. OneDrive is RIGHT there. Use it

5. Make Quick Resume feel more reliable and stable. Yes it’s improved but it’s still quite always from feel as fast and reliable as it does on Switch and PS5

6. Make Remote installs actually work from the apps. Once again, this works flawlessly on PS5 and the PS app. It literally never works for me on Xbox

That’s all I can think of right now

3 Likes

Uh I didn’t get much sleep so I might be misreading but isn’t Quick Resume only available on Series consoles?

Yes it’s only available on Series consoles.

1 Like

Been said a few times already but Achievements need some love. They should treat them similar to a battle pass by giving out exclusive avatars/backgrounds etc on certain milestones. Also tie into the rewards system more.

I reckon its coming soon enough.

2 Likes

The Community features need a complete overhaul, unless the rumoured Discord acquisition comes to fruition, or some kind of Discord integration either way, as they are currently not a great way to communicate with a group of people.

The Xbox PC app has a long way to go. It’s still nowhere near Xbox consoles functionality or near Steam to compare it to another PC service. Modding is a problem that they have to solve, they’ve made progress, but it’s still not where it needs to be.

At this point I’m 100% invested in Xbox as a console platform but I’m still not convinced to make their PC app the default place I buy games, so I would like to see some further commitments and improvements there in general.