What Are Your Most Anticipated Games of 2022?

XboxEra will be putting together a most anticipated Xbox Games List with your help! Rank (up to) 10 games you’re looking forward to in 2022. Include reasons why people should be excited about a few of your top games if you wish.

8 Likes

Starfield, TES in space is a dream since Morrowind.

EDIT: I’ll add-up more titles for ranking sake. XD

1 Starfield

2 STALKER 2

3 Hollow Knight Silksong

1 Like

ETA: Numbered in hype order

1. Starfield
  2. Forza Motorsport
  3. Saints Row
  4. Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands
  5. Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
  6. A Plague Tale: Requiem
  7. GRID Legends
  8. Call of Duty Modern Warfare II
  9. Gotham Knights
  10. Planet of Lana

2022 is looking like the best year for racing games in ever, I’m really excited for Gran Turismo and Forza in the same year, especially after long absences for both.

• Starfield
  • Redfall
  • Plague tale : Requiem
  • Elden Ring
  • STALKER 2
  • Sommerville
  • Atomic Heart - if they do release it next year
  • Evil West
  • Saints Row
  • Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League
  • Harry Potter game
  • Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga

Not sure whether FM is releasing in 2022

I’m really curious about the RedFall. I think Arcane have something special.

1. Starfield
  2. A Plague Tale: Requiem
  3. STALKER 2
  4. Sommerville

Horizon FW, Starfield and Forza Motorsport

Arkane

1 Like

Lol, yes!

1 Like

I have to get Netflix for Arcane. Reading great reviews on tweets

Hogwarts Legacy, Redfall, Starfield, Elden Ring, Horizon Forbidden West, Breath of the Wild 2, Nobody Saves The Day, Pokemon Legends Arceus, Triangle Strategy, STALKER 2

• Starfield
    • Redfall
    • Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising
    • Weird West
    • STALKER 2
    • Elex 2
    • Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong
    • CrossfireX
    • Sea Of Stars
    • Steelrising
1 Like
  1. Elden Ring
  2. Starfield
  3. Total War Warhammer 3
  4. Forza Motorsport

There are others I have my eye on, but I need some gameplay to understand them better and make a final opinion.

I’m sure some folks here will say, “it’s okay”, but halfway through season one I already consider it one of the top 5 shows Netflix has ever had.

2 Likes
  1. Starfield.

2. A Plague Tale: Requiem.

That’s about it.

1 Like

Weird West or Evil West?

Not many games I’m anticipating tbh. I’m looking forward to some and excited to see XGS/Bethesda output, but nothing announced I can’t wait for other than Starfield.

Others I would be anticipating if I had consoles to play on would be GoWR & BotW2.

I am super excited for

A Plague Tale Requiem.

I really like the first one despite being limited in scope. This new one looks like Asobo had a much bigger budget so I’m super interested to see what they have been able to do with that.

I’m also curious about Elden Ring and Starfield. I’m not a massive From Software or Bethesda Games Studios fan but I understand these will be big releases. So if they turn out great I will likely play them.

I was also interested in Crossfire X since I love most Remedy games but the recent IGN Preview didn’t sound too hot so I will be cautious with this one.

Forza Motorsport would also be on my list since I played every entry in the series and am a big fan but I think we don’t have a confirmed release date for that and since they helped out with Halo Infinite I could imagine they need more time for Motorsport and the game could slip to 2023.

Elden Ring

Starfield

Pokemon Legends Arceus

BotW2

Somerville

Sifu

Atomic Heart

Midnight Fight Express

Radio the Universe

Hollow Knight Silksong (lol)

GoW: Ragnarok

Stalker 2

Redfall

Plague Tale 2

Pentiment (rumored)

5 Likes
  1. Starfield - This is definitely going to win the list. I am beyond excited to explore the world of Starfield once it’s out.
  2. Gotham Knights - I have some concerns about the gameplay, but aside from that, the premise of the story is really interesting with the Court of Owls, and the game looks great. I really hope they can deliver with this game.
  3. AI: The Somnium Files - nirvanA Initiative - I haven’t played the first one yet, but I plan to do so very soon. I’ve enjoyed Spike Chunsoft’s other visual novels, so I’m sure this will be up my alley as well. Glad Spike Chunsoft has decided to put these games on Xbox.
  4. Sonic Frontiers - If they can actually pull it off, this game could be great with the open-world design they are going for. Lots of potential with it, just have to see if they can deliver.
  5. Hogwarts Legacy - Have a few concerns with this one, but regardless, the prospect of a Harry Potter RPG is exciting.
  6. Replaced - The artstyle of this game looks incredible and definitely grabbed my attention.
  7. A Plague Tale: Requiem - Still haven’t gotten to the original, but the game looks amazing from the trailers. Plus, it’s day one on Game Pass, so why wouldn’t I play it?
  8. LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga - This looks to be the most ambitious LEGO game yet, and LEGO games are always good fun.
  9. Slime Rancher 2 - I enjoyed the first game, so this should be some good fun as well.
  10. Endless Dungeon - I’ve enjoyed previous Amplitude games, and the artstyle looks great.

I’m also really excited for Yakuza 8 and Pentiment, but I’m unsure as to whether those will be releasing in 2022.

4 Likes