What are you currently playing?

Finished Bioshock 2 finally. Just finished my first play through of TMNT.

Going to probably jump into the new Sniper Elite game on Game Pass. Maybe return and finish the Saboteur.

1 Like

Just started playing Yakuza: Like a Dragon. I’m liking it so far and normally I like lots of story telling in cutscenes but wow it’s kind of pushing me to my limits. I think I’ve played maybe 5 minutes of the first hour plus.

3 Likes

Went back to State of Decay 2. Its such a great game with so many missed opportunities that I hope they improve in the third game(having a proper history, better base building, better AI,etc)

1 Like

Ok I feel like I’m just going around doing things the wrong way in Elden Ring since I started Ranni’s quest. I not sure how to advance pass the first part of Nokron and now I’m pass the deeproot depths and in Ainsel river as I take coffin or after coffin trying to see if I ever get back to Nokron. I’m probably just going to look it up at this point.

edit: So apparently, I’m going the right way. the path is pretty linear.

Did you bring Ranni her quest item?

Haven’t found it yet, I have been following the path after Radahn and it led to the gargoyles fight, which took me to Deeproot, and now I’m in Ainsel river which is connected to Nokstella. Right now, I’m exploring and getting items around Ainsel, but I have the Nokstella site of grace found. I’m also looking to finish Fia’s quest as well, since I stumble on to it completely by accident and I fought her servants who helped me with Radahn.

Okay, so you need to turn back and go the Mimic tear fight shard. Go across the bridge, and near the left side of the path, there is a very small opening that is easily missable, you need to follow that down into a new area, and get a knife in a chest that Ranni needs. Then obviously go back to her and continue the quest

Side note: if you picked up the doll and can’t figure out what to do with it this is why. It won’t activate the dialogue option until Ranni has the knife

thanks! I haven’t picked any dolls yet, but I will be going back for the knife.

Welcome :pray:t4:

Made it to the city and now there are more mimics. Thanks again!

1 Like

Ok, Still playing through Elden Ring, finished Fia’s quest line and got the rune. Finished Ranni’s questline and became her consort and got the moonlight butterfly sword, and after several tries killed Dung. That guy was really tough,but playing the game has brought it to my attention that unless you’re very good with melee, having a range option like magic for back up is a really good idea, unfortunately bows just won’t cut it in battle as so far it feels like the barrage skill that is there to spam arrows doesn’t do enough damage.

Especially when fighting the Naturalvoid Born, and the Glint dragon right after, the Lichdragon and Dung in such an enclosed space while the hand monster shoots binding magic into the room. Using Glintblade on Dung really helped burn him down specially when he’s in the middle of charging up his Milo’s Scream or healing. Unlike the other magical attacks, he can’t dodge all of them because of the time they hang around before launching.

“finished” state of decay 2 today… I say “finished” because still to this day the game is bugged if you play with the military leader/sheriff and you cannot complete the 4 legacy missions that you get at the end. Not even changing leaders and kicking out the prior one. I hope they dont rush the third game because there’s no excuse for this kind of bugs after having the game 4 years in the market and who knows how many in development…

I just finished “Koumajou Remilia: Scarlet Symphony” (otherwise known as Touhouvania) on Switch, which is a remaster of a 2009 indie/doujin game.

The final boss was fuckhard, and you have to refight a boss rush every time you run out of lives. Been through that a ton of times.

Here’s a clip of me finally winning. See those lasers? They’re very close to being instakill… And you see desperation set in and I tank the weaker hits to win lol

Overall the game was great though, holds up very well for an old indie title. Hope they bring the sequel to Switch too because I hear it’s much more refined.

Well…dropped Xuan Yuan Sword VII. It’s not bad, just very slow and couldn’t really get into it. Should have stayed with my original plan which was to play Sword and Fairy: Together Forever. I have a bad habit of finding a new franchise/series and then looking into previous or connected games or similar games and it rarely works out for me.

Anyway, I messed around with S&F for about 90 minutes give or take. Definitely more action oriented thus far. Good action sequence in the beginning of the game. Looks stunning even without HDR or any Ray Tracing. Combat seems solid. Played on hard for these 90 minutes. Almost died twice with the woman but thankfully, I didn’t. Will stick with hard and see how the game progresses. Made it to the village and completed a side quest before turning off the game.

I do have a few nitpicks. The text under the mini-map is small. Wish this could be made larger. I’m using large subtitles which is a must in my opinion. Would like to turn off the captions that go above NPC’s heads when near them. Side quests have no voice acting at all. Reminds me of Yakuza. Not a deal breaker but I wish they had the Chinese voice acting for side quests. At first, I thought the audio cut out or something. lol. There’s also no waypoints which is disappointing considering the Sword 7 game I was playing had waypoints.

Won’t be playing again until Monday due to work but definitely much more interested in playing Sword and Fairy than I was Sword 7.

Funny enough, I got the bug to play SoD2 again because I needed something I could just meditate with. I didn’t have any of those problems you are experiencing and I literally completed both the Trader and Warlord legacies without issue.

I tend to avoid pitchfork-statements like the ones you made, especially if others aren’t experiencing the same thing - precisely because, as a software engineer, I can empathize with the ever-moving train of bugs that aren’t always reproducible in numbers. Tyler Owens has a great Twitter thread on this very thing actually… will need to find it.

3 Likes

As of the past week I’ve been playing cult of the lamb, arcade paradise, tribes of Midgard, destroy all humans 2 reprobed, and mass effect 3

2 Likes

Way too much text and you chose to ignore the fact that buga dont randomly spawn for everyone. Cool that you could finish it, I couldnt like hundreds, if not thousands, of users that you can easily find on several places on the internet… without any fix or feedback from the devs.

I will continue SMT4 until Soul Hacker 2’s launch. I was planning to do a Lost Odyssey run this year, but I might hold off until I’m done with some other JRPG’s.

Now I’ll be going through some smaller titles like The Darkness series, Alice: Madness Returns and maybe the first Darksiders. Fable 2 & 3 and Dragon Age Origins & 2 are the RPG’s I’d love to finish this year.

I am playing scalet nexus right now. It is actually really fun, would reccomend giving it a shot if you haven’t

1 Like

Still Elden Ring, just recently got pass the ghost Godfrey fight and the second Margot fight, and as usual Magic is OP and Rock Sling for being such a low costing spell really just kills everything. You just need time and opportunity to cast it.