What are you currently playing?

Bah, I forgot about this. I just started Yakuza: Like a Dragon, but I’m guessing Scarlet Nexus is leaving next month so it’s probably best to set aside Yakuza to jump into this.

1 Like

Doing something, for me, different and am currenty playing a handful of games at the same time.

Got sucked back into Forza Horizon 5 with the Hot Wheels expansion, which is great fun. Also started up Sleeping Dogs, found a co-op partner for A Way Out finally and are going through some small games too.

4 Likes

I adore Sleeping Dogs… will never stop being sad about the demise of the developer and Square-Enix’s complete apathy towards what was a fantastic game, and could have been an equally-fantastic series.

Also, welcome to my world - I constantly juggle multiple games :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve only played a couple of hours of Sleeping Dogs, but yeah it is pretty great. SE ruins most things it seems heh.

I usually focus on one game at a time, but I have so many games I want to play and can’t control myself hehe. They are all very different games at least.

1 Like

Played through Mafia definitve edition. I was very confident before starting that I would enjoy this game.

I was surprised to see how boring it was. I though story would captivate me but I felt it was very bland. Has very good cutscenes and well voice acted but the core plot is very bare bones.

Game looks great and the time setting is well used but overall gameplay felt very repetitive

1 Like

Totally agree. I started playing it like a month ago and ended up dropping it because I wasn’t really having fun. It’s a great-looking game and I love the setting but gameplay comes first and it felt somewhat clunky as well as not very interesting.

1 Like

Spider-Man Remastered. So far it’s pretty enjoyable.

2 Likes

Been playing Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 :green_circle:, Gran Turismo 7 :large_blue_circle:, Insurgency Sandstorm :green_circle: and recently Eyes in the Dark & Cult of the Lamb (on #SteamDeck)

Sleeping Dogs is an excellent game. I enjoyed it more than GTA 5. The developer was United Front Games. My friend told me that when Embracer was asked about if they had acquired the IP from Square Enix, they refused to comment. Sleeping Dogs would be on of those 50 IP’s that Embracer acquired from Square Enix.

While they would have to go in a more mature and serious tone and nature with the game, Embracer does have a studio for it - Volition.

Thanks to Them And US gone back to RE0. It still looks so good and plays great

3 Likes

Dropped Sword and Fairy yesterday. Not a bad game at all but just wasn’t grabbing me enough to where I wanted to keep playing it. And playing Xuan Yuan Sword 7 for 6 hours or whatever it was beforehand was a bad idea.

I did play Genshin Impact last night for 4 hours. This shit isn’t bad at all. I’m just wasting time until the Cyberheist expansion for The Ascent tomorrow but if I would have played this game in 2020 when it launched, I might have stayed with it.

It really makes me hope, wish and pray that Ubisoft shows me a reveal trailer for Immortals Fenyx Rising 2 at their Ubisoft Forward event in September because I really want my prequel/sequel to that game. Hell, even if it’s a CGI trailer of 30 seconds, just announce it so I know it’s coming. lol. Just hoping they don’t change or alter the art style or template for the game because I loved Immortals!!!

Welcome to the dark side.

I almost always have 5-6 (or more) games going at once. The only exception is when a massive game sucks me in and demands all my time (Cyberpunk, Witcher, etc.). I expect Soul Hackers 2 and Persona 5 Royal to do that this fall.

Right now I am in the midst of Assassins Creed Revelations, Dishonored 2, Crysis Remastered, Forgotton Anne, Trails in the Sky, and a few others. I will finish all of them eventually.

3 Likes

Yeah, I think this is where I’m heading too. As long as the games are very different I can split my focus.

The Big Ones will still get my full attention when I play those though, like you say.

I think this is more efficient, but I’m not sure yet haha.

1 Like

There are several enemies in Elden Ring that I just can’t beat on my own without some strategy, by which I mean cheesing them. The godskin noble is one of them, that guys rolling is absurd beyond anything, if he gets me in a corner he just keeps rolling until I die.

When going to the tower for a rune, I the ability to force him into rolling up against a wall of the bridge.

When fighting the version in Volcano manor, while it look less tries I relied heavily on sleep arrows to put him to sleep, poison mist to poinson him while he slept and using the tanky jellyfish ashes to take a large portion of the attacks away from me. After casting 2 incantations to give it a passive healing and better stats, while casting unblockable blade to shave away at his health while he slept. In the end though it worked out, the helly fish lived through the fight and gidskin noble was down. Next time I fight this guy I will make sure to save crackpots to make sleep bombs and see if they work faster.

Finished my 4th trilogy run of Dragon Age and it’s still amazing. Playing through DA:I as an female elven mage to romance Solas hits hard by the end of Trespasser. Beautiful, but tragic lovestory. My heart broke when he said “my love”. I really don’t care if it’s canon or not, but it’s just feels right.

3 Likes

Finished Spiderman Remastered PC and I absolutely had a blast playing through the game. The campaign is a fun super hero story and they have really nailed peters character. Enjoyed his voice acting and I also appreciated his interactions with other main characters too.

The game looks gorgeous and spidey is a breeze to control. I only played it on normal difficulty and I think I should have played it on the next difficulty level.

I wasnt bored at all, the open world markers never felt overwhelming and I wasnt going for 100%. Did few of every side quests and activities and that was enough to unlock all the moves.

This was one game I wanted to play and I am glad its on PC, otherwise I would have never played it.

1 Like

Still playing through Elden Ring, currently I have reached the limits of my abilities in this game and I am relying heavily on my spirit ashes, mostly just the mimic and the jelly fish because of how tanky they are.

The mimics tankyness mixes very well with the rivers of blood sword against Malenia, and after 10+ attempts not only did it live through the fight, it dealt so much damage that I think it could have done more than half the damage in that fight. Using the same set up it helped me take down the dragon in Farum Azula on the first try and the godskin duo after 5 or 6.

But that fight was really weird, it was already a double boss battle but having to fight them twice because the boss health hadn’t fully depleted. Plus making it so if it is depleted but one of them is still alive, I have to kill them made it feel pretty unbalanced.

I just finished Elden Ring, I went with the obvious ending as I figured I can try the rest for other playthroughs, although I don’t think I will do them in new game plus. As I have never been a fan of playing a game while already a full strength and its likely that even with the added health, most of the early enemies won’t really be issue.

As I mentioned before I don’t have the skills or patience to solo the harder bosses in this game. While I gave Godfrey a try, I only managed to get him into 2nd stage before he merced me inba couple of seconds. So wanting to just win, I used the mimic and thecruvers of blood katana he went down first try.

At that point I didn’t really think about giving Radagon a 1 on 1 fight, so I used the mimic and both Radagon and the Elden Beast and managed to clear them on the first try, because the mimic is really, really strong thanks to how tanky it is.

I beat Spiderman on PS4 this weekend. It was a good game but not great. I think if you are a huge Spiderman fan this game is easily a 10/10, but for me it is a 7 or 8 at best. This game made me think of my love for the Witcher 3 which is very much founded on my fandom of the books. As a Witcher fan, I am able to look over the Witcher 3’s various issues. For example, most would agree that the combat is bad, but I personally have a blast with the combat because drinking potions, using sword oils, etc. is awesome to me. I even play on the hardest difficulty. (Btw no DLC spoilers please.)

My issues with Spiderman:

1. The map is littered with a million icons. It is the typical Ubisoft map game. A lot of those icons are not much fun either (hated fighting multiple waves of enemies in the same arena).

2. I personally did not enjoy the combat. Basic enemies were too spongy.

3. What’s up with the lame puzzles? I skipped all of them.

4. I didn’t care for the characters, but that could be chalked up to my lack of interest in Spiderman. I like the MCU, but Spiderman has never really connected with me.

5. There is way too much talking while moving around the open world. Peter is constantly talking out loud, talking on the phone to someone, listening to James Jameson, the police radio, etc. You are constantly inundated with information. To be fair, sometimes things do quiet down, but receiving the things I listed back to back to back was annoying and occurred too often.

I hate to be so negative because this game is objectively good, but I personally found it to be incredibly milquetoast. To end on a positive note: the Splinter Cell suit was rad.

Just played 3 hours of F1 Manager 22, taking over Williams Racing to bring back glory. Got rid of Nicolas Latifi right away and hired 18-year old Frenchman Theo Pourchaire.

Got all the way up to the GP of Miami. Designing new parts, upgrading facilities and hiring a new head of aerodynamics in the meantime. Best position was 15th and 16th in the Australian GP, other than that it’s 17-20th place so far but it takes time building up Williams. :slight_smile:

It reminds me of Motorsport Manager a lot but with flashy (for a management sim) graphics and presentation. Seems like a very good first attempt from Frontier so far.

1 Like