What are you currently playing?

I just beat God of War 2018. I bought Xenoblade Chronicles 3. I can’t wait to play it all of August. I might go back to finish the AC Odyssey DLC I didn’t beat. I’m just waiting for Soul Hackers 2 and Saints Row in August. Oh I forgot about the Digimon fans that came out. I’ll buy it for Xbox.

1 Like

Gonna finish my Dead Space series playthrough this weekend with DS3. Really liking the whole series and lore so far. Aside of that, I’m playing SMT4 via Citra and SMT: Digital Devil Saga via PCSX. Catching up on some of Atlus (hidden) gems. <3

1 Like

Addicted to Multiversus. Constantly thinking about possible characters. I wonder if they could get studio ghibli characters since they have a partnership on hbomax

1 Like

Been playing Watchdogs 2, glad it’s on Gamepass. Simple gameplay loop yet addictive!

Hopefully they can get some Microsoft characters, doom guy or master chief would be cool.

1 Like

Playing through Elden Ring, have been wandering around the map trying to level up and find upgrade materials to use, learned about the farming area close to beast sanctuary and currently using it to set up my mess of a build that’s not particularly strong in any area, but it works. Recently fought and defeated a dual boss fight in the town full of invisible mages, defeated the beast boss in Morne and and finished the quest there.

Fought 2 tree bosses, one with help another on my own: was forced to go full mage and cheese their encounter range when after getting it down to 1/4 health I ran out of healing. Found the Sellen that’s trapped underground, need to figure out what that is about, have discovered 5 churches to Marika and the dragon shrine: need to figure out what to offer and if the knight walking around respawn because that was a tough fight. Have cleared about 3 different catacombs, and got the silver and gold knight guy to sell me encantations, have killed 2 deathbirds and learned that they are weak against the ground slam ashes.

So far a very enjoyable experience but not liking the quest structure as I never cared for it in DS, but there it was less of an issue simply because the games were narrower in scope.

2 Likes

Picked up Dante’s Inferno last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. It’s a perfect God of War rip off. Forgot to check if it’s been enhanced but it controls very well, seems better than 30 fps.

2 Likes

Got 2 games downloaded, Infernax and Record of Lodoss War-Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth, just trying to determine which to play first lol…probably Infernax.

1 Like

I just bought Azure Striker Gunvolt 3 which is only available on Xbox and SWitch and has a 120FPS for Series X which is neat.

Game is incredibly fun. Nice breakaway from so many Visual Novel games I’ve been playing wether its Somnium 2, Nonary Games and the new Digimon.

1 Like

Just finished Norco. Its a beautiful, mysterios, biblical, dystopian cyberpunk point & click adventure and its absolutely wild and batshit insane.

I’m trying to summarize the story buts impossible, you have to experience this. The writing in this is of a quality you seldom find in video games, can only think of Kentucky Route Zero. But that game was at times a boring slog and dragged. Norco is more on point and has better dialog and real (light) puzzles. Art and soundtrack are beautiful. The battle system (yes it has a battle system a bit like Mario RPG) was funny but didn’t work good with touchscreen, so use your mouse. The endings could have been more than a text screen but this is my only gripe with the story.

Whoever decides on the point & click games in Game Pass has very good taste. After Unavowed and Norco I’m looking forward to the next banger.

3 Likes

Still playing xenoblade 3, man this game is amazing. Nintendo doesn’t need final fantasy anymore they have their own series which is better imo.

Xbox needs to get a jrpgs series like this going then losing final fantasy games won’t mean much.

Hopefully they get some deals going or acquire a studio.

2 Likes

It’s originally 60fps, not enhanced.

1 Like

I can’t wait until they release this on console. I’ve heard it’s a really good, GotY tier game though it’s not getting talked about much.

This and Vampire Survivors are games I would play if we could play GP PC games over XCloud.

2 Likes

Playing through Dead Space 3 now. I don’t really get the reason as to why this one sticks out as the ugly duckling from the series, although the game does start to drag on. I’m already ten hours in and it still feels like I’m halfway through. That compared to DS2 which I finished in one day (~seven hours playtime) where the pacing felt very tight.

Good to hear! I’ll be going through this and Alice once I’m done with the DS trilogy.

2 Likes

Wandering around the world in Elden Ring looking for the glintstone key, met the tutrle preist and decided to push on to the north of the area. Where I ran into a mine full of bats, vile militia mobs, tencle balls and harpies in the mine I fought and defeated Magma Wyrm Makar, thanks to whoever left the try bleed message because the uchi+meteoric blade dual weild attacks ate the guys health quickly.

Afterwards I found out there where other quest related things I need to do from Storm veil, so I visited the round table and ran into the Dungeater. Does anyone know how to kill this guy? Because he is a red spirit wearing a sun symbol on his chest and that is not OK in my mind.

Edit: looked into it an apparently there is a way to neutralize him, just need to see how to go about doing so.

Edit2: I am an idiot. I made it all the way to the gates of the academy and didn’t move up to check the gate, causing me to look across the rest of the map for a clue to the key. Only to go back and finally spot the site of grace and the dead body right next to the front gate that I reached a couple of hours ago.

And that’s Raya Lucaria done! So many heavy hitting sorcs running around, a ot of exploration to do, if not as much as Storm veil, still quite a bit. Got a couple of new masks, 1 new staff I will never be able to use because I need 52 intelligence and I have been splitting my levels between too many stats so I can use a large variety of weapons: meteor staff as my main intelligence weapon, greatsword as my main stronk weapon for killing mobs and even bosses, meteorite(oric) blade and uchi as my main dirty dexter dual weild weapons mostly works best for bosses and a long bow for when I want to save fp.

1 Like

It’s fine if you have been splitting your levels into multiple skill trees. You can always respec later if you want to go full sorcery. Also just a hint in case you missed this in Ray Lucaria. Make sure you get Radagons and Gravens talisman. Must have

I got them, after the boss fight I went back to explore and found my way to the rooftops and since one side led to the staff I went to the other side and found the amulet. From their I was just hitting random walls, and got an illusion before a message appeared.

So far I don’t think I will need them though as casting for me is a mostly last resort in a boss fight, either because I have no heals left and need to keep my distance or I just can’t close the distance. During both the fights with Rennala I used the uchi+meteoric blade dual weild to bleed off most of her health before the illusion(?) got super mobile and summoned a lot of specters. So going Sorc was my only resort afterwards.

Beat ascension lvl 9 with the Ironclad and Silent in Slay The Spire. Especially with the Ironclad was hard for me, but in my winning run I had 2 x Inflame (+STR card) and 2 x Limit Break (double your STR card) which resulted in +36 STR in turn 4 or something against the ‘clock’ boss and a 240+ damage hit, finishing him off before he could even do his regular self-heal.

I should try and ‘exploit’ the system more like this.

4 Likes

Just got to chapter 4 of xenoblade 3, man this game is amazing, honestly the best jrpg I’ve played in years. Nintendo honestly don’t need final fantasy anymore.

If Xbox can get a jrpg series going like this they will be fine with the loss of ff.

3 Likes