What are you currently playing?

Playing the DLC to Forza Horizon 5 and it’s bloody great

6 Likes

Finished Raji: an Ancient Epic before It leaves GP end of the month.

A nice side scrolling / isometric action-adventure with platforming, combat, and puzzles, like a Prince of Persia with Hindu mythology. I like it overall, it looks beautiful, combat/puzzles/platforming good enough, although I would’ve like if it was 60fps on XSS. It took me 4 hours to complete on Easy and skipped most cutscenes.

2 Likes

Don’t disrespect the Vita like that.

I tried to give this a go last night but the controls felt kind of clumsy. I don’t really like how the camera makes it feel like you’re playing a 2.5d sidescroller but the controls are still completely in 3d space. Was having difficulty even just in the jumping tutorial section.

I just beat As Dusk Falls! It was amazing and I was shocked where the story went. I’m also playing God of War (2018). I just finished the 1st realm.

4 Likes

I was still in Mikami mood after The Evil Within and did a quick RE4 playthrough a few days ago on Pro NG+ with all my weapons maxed out (which was so much fun btw) and this game continues to amaze me after so many playthroughs. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

So after TEW and RE4 I decided to play something different and installed SOMA, played about an hour yesterday and was pleasantly surprised with the visuals/art direction. The story looks quite intriguing plus the atmosphere and the sound design are also really cool…can’t wait to play more tonight. :gimme:

Escape Academy got an update and it’s now running smoothly instead of the horrible laggy state it launched in.

Finished 3 escape rooms, it’s a really good puzzler, I found myself taking pictures and using my notes app to solve some of the puzzles, I love that type of interactivity I have with a game. There’s timers and that adds a bit of stress but I think the game lets you choose to keep going if you run out of time but you get less completion ratings. I recommend anyone who’s into puzzles.

1 Like

Power washing sim is a big hit with my kids so we’ve been playing lots of that. Started the FH5 hotwheels dlc but it hasnt really grabbed me yet.

Also bought Severed steel so im a bit keen to get stuck into that.

I started “As Dusk Falls” and played the first three chapters. Im not sure I’ll keep going or not. My distaste for the art dissipated pretty quickly and I never really thought about it after it got going. I have a lot of respect for the game they have crafted, but for my personal taste, the act of playing it falls just a tad short of what it takes to keep me engaged.

Just finished Ary and the secret of seasons! like I said before the game is itself isn’t very hard. the combat is pretty basic mash X to combo, with Y to parry when an enemy does an attack that can be parried(most attacks from the basic enemies). The strong points for this game are definitely the platforming puzzles using the season globes to solve. I did bypass some parts of the puzzles by using the geometry of the game to mash the double jump as much as possible though.

Like I mention before the combat is very forgiving, but it does have its moments with a couple of boss battles that it would reset all the way. One of those battles in particular kept glitching out and I had to reload a save to get it back to normal. A good number of glitches were present during my entire playthrough, visual glitches like the screen flickering black, the season orbs flicking, enemies that didn’t have a certain armor type being able to hit me when I got close to their bodies. Or enemies that I ran around to attack from the back being able to land a hit even though they never turned to me.

I didn’t think the story was very good, simply because everything that’s going on in the game doesn’t really explain the things in the background. Just that a great amount of change is happening and Ary takes her brothers place to try and bring things back to how they were but changing traditions that have stood for a long time along the way. I think this game would be helped out by a sequel that helps explain the rest of what’s going on with the story. Either way 7 out of 10 for me.

Will be continuing Gunvolt 2 once I finish with Ary’s epilogue.

Just finished As Dusk Falls which was enjoyable but let down by the sequel bait ending.

So I was bored last night and didn’t know what to play…have As Dusk Falls downloaded…decided to give it a whirl to see how it was.

Yeah I binged it all and finished it…

What a game. I think this might be my GOTY as of now…that’s how much I loved it.

The story and characters had me and I had to see it out to the finish…can’t wait to jump back in and see what choices lead to different things happening.

3 Likes

Finished episode 1 of The Long Dark: WINTERMUTE

Very atmospheric and immersive survival game, intriguing story setup and a cool visual style with fantastic music. It’s one of the few survival games that clicked with me, nice balance of exploration and gathering and ‘surviving’ isn’t much of a management chore. Can’t wait to go through the rest.

2 Likes

Currently playing through Ocean horn, the Zelda clone that takes quite a bit of inspiration from a lot of different Zelda. So far the big differences has been artistic choice for character designs, the fact that this game seems to be doing a sufficient advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. As the check points that I get close to and revive me if I die are definitely tech.

Thanks to upgrading to LG C1 resently, I have been able to start Elden Ring. With VRR doing its work and keeping me from wanting to stop after a short while. I have been able to play long enough to kill 4 boss, spread throughout the first area, and try my luck with Margit for a couple of hours before that. The most I ever did before giving up and going exploring/lvling was get him to use his energy hammer.

Playing SOMA & Tunic on my Xbox and Cruis’n Blast & The Wonderful 101 on my Switch. I guess I am near the finale in SOMA which is quite intriguing story wise while gameplay wise is better than I expected, nothing crazy but still interesting also I am stuck at the puzzles for the last 2 fairies in Tunic…they are driving me insane but I’ll give them another go today I guess. :confused_wat:

Cruis’n Blast is 90’s arcade racer madness in the best way possible, this game is seriously like a lost Dreamcast game…having a lot of fun with it and TW101 is still an action masterpiece, hopefully the game will release at some point on Xbox too (ending up on Game Pass would be great as well). I have bought the game two times already but if it comes on Xbox I’ll buy it again for sure. It may be niche and weird af but anyone who sticks with it will be rewarded with one of the best action games ever made and the best finale/last level/final boss to a game ever. :partying_face:

2 Likes

I’m now on xenoblade chronicles 3 great game so far, this is the sort of jrpg Xbox needs. I can’t wait till the pipeline is firing on all cylinders.

Playing through a bunch of games based on my mood. Doom 2016, No Man’s sky, finishing Halo Infinite for the second time and State of Decay 2.

Was actually enjoying SOD2 but for some reason now I can’t seem to go back to it. Doom has been ok, tbh, was expecting something else based on the comments, but not a bad game.

Digimon Survive Will play Gunvolt Azure Striker 3 next week. AI somnium Nirvana

1 Like

Currently playing The Summit in Division 2 while waiting for Sword and Fairy next week. Currently on Floor 41.

Just finished up our second run of The Quarry… absolutely loved it, and thinking about either going through it another time or jumping back to another SuperMassive Games gem.

3 Likes

Just finished with Oceanhorn, pretty much a Zelda game. Though I loved the fact that they went with magic and technology being a big part of the world’s history instead of one over the other.