What are you currently playing?

Hi, my name is Knottian… and I’m a Fromaholic…

Currently juggling another run of Dark Souls NG+++, Dark Souls 3, and Sekiro… and dipping my toes into Elden Ring.

I know I have a problem and acceptance is the first step.

Thank you.

4 Likes

The series x is the first xbox I own since the original, so I haven’t played most of it’s classic exclusives, thought I’d give gears of war a try since it got the fps boost as well. If I’m enjoying an older game this much, I’m sure I’m in for a ride with the rest of them (currently going through the first one).

Maybe off topic but I’m not sure if there is a topic to recommend gp games, but if you haven’t played carrion, I strongly recommend it, I finished it recently and it’s one of the very best indies I’ve played, wish it was longer and had a map though.

4 Likes

I took a deep breath and dove deep into my backlog… Came up with Spider-Man. Time to dust off the PS4 and see what all the fuzz is about. I’m not a fan of most super heroes stuff outside of actual comics, so this will be interesting.

Wish me luck as i turn on the Cultist Apparatus!

3 Likes

Spider Man 2018 is such a great game. Absolutely loved it and im far from being a Marvel/DC guy when it comes to movies and all that but game wise, I try to play every one as long as they fit my preferences which Insomniac’s Spider Man definitely does. Hope you enjoy it Mort!!!

1 Like

Started Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands and only completed the first story quest and whatever I could on the world map that isn’t locked off. I played Borderlands 3 for 15 hours or so before dropping it and I can say that thus far, Wonderlands is far more enjoyable.

Basics and core is Borderlands but the lightheartedness of the story, characters and colorful locations makes it such a relaxing game to play. Absolutely love the over world structure. Only played 2 1/2 hours and took my time while doing so.

Will get back to playing tomorrow!!!

2 Likes

It’s a good game no doubt, but to me it felt like a bigger budget Beenox Spiderman game. It suffered a bit too much from Ubi-style checklists for me.

1 Like

Played for a few hours so far and yeah… They are still introducing checklist stuff, lol.

1 Like

I’m gonna start LEGO Star Wars the Skywalker Saga tonight and I’m excited…probably be the game I’m playing on all weekend.

3 Likes

Grow: Song of the Evertree is free for the weekend so i’ve been trying it out. Basically these evil vines are plaguing the land under this giant tree and you have to regrow plants and rebuild towns. Lots of nice, bright colors in a fantasy-like world. It’s a nice palette cleanser after playing dreary games like Elden Ring and Weird West, im liking it so far. The game already looks pretty but it would look really good if it was SX enhanced.

1 Like

Just finished Guardians of the Galaxy, definitely do not sleep on it. I recently upgraded to a 5800x and rtx 3080 and maxed out with Raytracing on my ultrawide was a sight to behold, Eidos Montréal really know how to make good looking games honestly. Game is super simple but mindless fun and the story is great. It’s very linear but for someone like me with limited play time it’s perfect, I highly recommend it if you have Gamepass!

4 Likes

Finished the Bioshock series again & have now started Lego Star Wars it looks gorgeous.

2 Likes

I’m playing clash of clans. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Nearing the end of Persona 3 FES, only one more block of Tartarus to go. Started LiS: True Colours as well this week.

1 Like

Elden Ring (still!). I’m about 100 hours and around level 110. Still just exploring and trying do most things and to kill most optional bosses. What a great game!

Meanwhile my backlog grows, mostly due to GamePass. LiS True Colours, Weird West, Kentucky Route Zero on my list now. And I’m sure more are about to be added from gamepass

2 Likes

Finished up a bunch of my Steam Library this past week or two. Now back on Xbox and finally trying Rainbow Six Extraction and I have to say its fairly decent and that’s just me playing alone, hoping to get back into Halo whenever I see some of the guys online also.

2 Likes

Completed Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands yesterday. Put in around 40 hours or so. Completed the story quest line and 45 out of 48 side quests on easy difficulty.

• Visuals - 9.0/10 (excellent)
  • Audio - 7.0/10 (good)
  • Gameplay/Combat - 9.0/10 (excellent)
  • Story/Characters - 7.0/10 (good)
  • Overall - 8.0/10 (great)

Main positives were the visuals and different map variety. The gunplay/shooting mechanics were excellent and the melee combat was pretty decent and better than I was expecting. Also, loved the over world. If Gearbox Software makes a second Wonderlands game, I would love to see a bigger over world with different areas for side quests and whatnot which this game does but not for every side quest. Most side quests are within the map you’re going to for the story quest but I loved the over world stuff. Combat encounters within arena sized areas, minor puzzles and roaming around on the over world map. Overall really good.

No major negatives. No technical issues. The music repeats a lot more than I would have liked but it’s still good. Guns all sounded pretty good to me and voice acting was solid. Story and characters were solid/good but nothing great. It kept me interested and was the perfect palette cleanser after playing Dying Light 2 and Horizon Forbidden West back to back.

Now im playing Marvel’s Avengers. 5 story missions into the game. Overall, enjoying the game but the loot system hasn’t really kicked in yet which was my main issue when I played this game back at launch. I am however playing on easy difficulty so the loot system can kind of be ignored. I just want to play through the story missions and that’s pretty much it. I’m more hyped to play the War for Wakanda expansion but won’t until after I complete the base game.

5 Likes

I’m still playing Spider-Man…

1 Like

Still playing Elden Ring for the most part but also started Kirby and the Forgotten Land a few days ago (cutest game ever plus it’s fun AF) and booted the beauty that is called Forza Horizon 5 yesterday after almost two months for a relaxing session.

About the next game that I will start after I finish Kirby…it will be either Lost In Random, Tunic or replaying The Evil Within (planning to beat Akumu). :thinking:

1 Like

Well…dropped Avengers. Everything is good but I still don’t understand why Crystal Dynamics/Square Enix made this a loot based live service game. It ruins everything else in the game. If it was straight forward like Guardians of the Galaxy, I would have completed it back at launch but second time, same result. Just can’t get into the Avengers needing loot. SMH.

Purchased Alan Wake Remastered for XSX/XBO and while it’s fully installed and my settings/options are set, I won’t be playing it until June. Figured this will be the perfect game to play while Summer Games Fest is going on since it’s not a massively long game. The first expansion for Dying Light 2 is scheduled for June so I’ll also be in the mood for “horror” games if you want to call them that.

What I am currently RE-playing is Assassin’s Creed Odyssey. Playing it on hard and everything as if I was playing it all for the very first time. Absolutely love this game. Replayed all of AC Origins last summer since I was disappointed with Valhalla and it’s respective first two expansions (no interest in Dawn of Ragnarok) and now, with the 60FPS upgrade and that free mini-expansion that was added to Odyssey late last year, im all in to replay it all. A nice 200+ hours of AC Odyssey, here I come!! Woohoo!!!

1 Like

Doing a good bit of juggling at the moment.

I’m wanting to finish up more of Streets of Rage 4 before it leaves GamePass. So I’m dropping in for a couple levels each weekday. Would probably buy it if it goes back on sale for the $12.50 it hit before.

I’m wanting to enjoy Tunic and have been able to get an hour or two in a day.

I also want to finish Outriders campaign and level up to 50 before the WorldSlayer DLC releases. I haven’t had any time, yet. My other friends are in to it now, so it would be nice co-op experience. Everyone still needing to hear how long will the base game be on GamePass before we figure out plans for the expansion.

2 Likes