What are you currently playing?

I deleted Battlefield 2042 from my Series X as I didn’t feel like I would play it much, but last weekend I had an itch to play a BF game so I installed Battlefield V through Gamepass and had an absolute blast.

I bought it on release but didnt really like it back then, but coming from 2042 a lot of stuff like movement, shooting and the maps feel so much better. Gonna keep playing this for awhile.

Just finished my playthrough of Dark Souls Remastered its a lot shorter than I remember(with some grinding as well) and the game was a lot easier than I remembered, than again my last playthrough was as a faith only hukd and while fun it was a slog. Used the equivalent of easy mode in the game, but you do have to set it up anyways.

6 hours in to Guardians of the Galaxy and I am having a really good time with the game.

They have nailed the writing and capturing the unique team dyamic between characters. Its fun just listening to the banter as we explore the colorful and bizzare locations.

The visuals are really good as well. There is plenty of colour and creativity at display.

Combat though simple and chaotic at times, works well and commanding your squads abilities in real time is a unique touch

3 Likes

Im Playing through Fallout New Vegas for the first time. just finished clearing out the generators in Nellis. Its great so far!

1 Like

My gaming time is currently spread across a few different titles. This is because at long last I finally got my Series X & am thoroughly enjoying myself, jumping around to see what old & new games feel & look like now.

Checked out some backwards compatible games with fps boost. Finished a new playthrough of Dragon Age: Origins. Went back to Fallout 4 & ReCore to play around for a while. Really loving the feel of a higher framerate.

Started a new character in Cyberpunk. Had a look at Skyrim’s newest updated version. Both of them are great on the Series X. Still enjoying Forza Horizon 5, which is so good at 60 fps.

I’m a couple of hours into The Gunk, another delighful smaller Game Pass gem that I would have missed if it wasn’t on the service, same as Last Stop & Omno last year.

In other news, Horizon Forbidden West was my most anticipated non-Xbox game for the start of this year, but I ended up quite disappointed with it. Liked the story & the graphics were lovely but everything else felt really underwhelming. I honestly think Zero Dawn was a better experience in almost every way. Didn’t see that coming.

Also caved in & bought Elden Ring, though I probably shouldn’t have. Got swayed by the incredible review scores. Played a bit, explored, levelled up a few times, fought a couple of bosses &… it’s just more Souls. Again. But open world now, with a jump button & a goat horse to ride. I really don’t know what the big deal is but admit I am biased. I knew that I was tired of the Souls formula, back when I dropped DaS 3 without reaching the end. So this one is more on me. Saw it coming.

All told, I’ve been a busy boy lately. The main story is that I’m just having a great time with my Series X! I think it’s a wonderful console & can’t wait for all the big Xbox titles coming this generation. It’s gonna be good!

3 Likes

I’ve been playing Immortals Fenyx Rising over the past couple of weeks, I enjoyed the base game but have not enjoyed the dlc at all. Finally on the ‘Lost Gods’ expansion and I thought the previous expansions were bad enough…

1 Like

Currently I finished some games for ps5 (returnal, ratchet rift apart, I started two days ago kena and waiting for horizon and sifu). As for my main console, Seris X, there’s a lot waiting :grimacing: halo infinite, psychonauts 2, Scarlett nexus, tales of arise, GOTG, elden ring, etc…

1 Like

Never played a souls game before, but I have fallen hard for Elden Ring. All I’ve done for the last week is work, play Elden Ring, read about Elden Ring, watch Elden Ring videos, and sleep (a little). I’m starting to feel like a junkie…

But seriously, the game is great. My fears about difficulty have (so far) been overblown. I am enjoying almost every minute of it.

1 Like

About to fire up Guardians of the Galaxy, not sure what to expect tbh. Hopefully it’s something i’ll enjoy.

1 Like

Felt like updating this. Right now Elden Ring is taking up the majority of my time. I have finished Magic Knight Rayearth and Gal Gun 2 not long after posting this. Enjoyed both. I ended up downloading saves to see all the endings in GG2 though because that’s too much replaying a rather repetitive game.

Finished The Legend of Heroes: Hajimari no Kiseki the other day, after close to 200 hours (granted I left it running idle for maybe 50). So now, after a year and a half of playing Trails games… I now have no more to play until Kuro no Kiseki gets the fan translation that is underway. I think I needed a break from this series anyway, burnout is starting to set in, but this was a good entry to stop at. This is basically the finale to the first half of the series, and what a way to end it. Almost every playable character in the series is here and you fight a 3 million HP final boss (not making that up) with a 3 team 24 character party (the game has 50+ party members).

You get this nice artwork after the credits to congratulate you. I tracked a version without the text down and made it my desktop background lol.

(This is not an official English translation and I believe Falcom themselves wrote that message, not the fan translator, so do excuse the wonky grammar)

Another cool thing is you get a small teaser of what’s to come in the future, you get a small visual novel episode of the 2 new protagonists who are introduced in Kuro no Kiseki (the next game). I liked the music at the end of that episode so I wanted to share it. Pictured are the 2 new protagonists I mentioned.

Anyway, with that massive giant of a game behind me I can continue getting the massive giant of a game that is Elden Ring behind me lolol.

2 Likes

Just beat Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger IX, great game with great gameplay. I will say though that Copen is OPAF as soon as you start the game. The mobility, the tracking, the constantly replenishing powers ammunition and the Billets being able to negate damage shows why you don’t need energy tanks to refill your health during combat, but it does make me more dependent on reloading whenever I can.

It also makes the few bosses that can penetrate the billet pretty tough, especially when in their hyper modes, because I can’t rely on the billets to absorb a hit or two. But Copen’s mobility makes up for that because of how much I’m allowed to move around the screen, without having to find a wall to climb on. Also, of all the powers I can get Photon Detonation is as broken as broken can be, combined with the tracking shot, the area of effect and the amount of time it last, it does a ridiculous amount of damage in a short time that can be compared to using any of the boss’s weakness against them.

Overall, without trying to go for all achievements it was a pretty fun 3h 45m, but I will wait before playing the next one.

1 Like

Still playing Horizon Forbidden West. 75+ hours. Adjusted the difficulty level from hard to easy because every machine encounter is becoming a long ass battle and Aloy is so damn weak and underpowered. Her spear does little to no damage unless you’re using the Valor Surge. There’s a lot a love about the game but I have more negatives in HFW than I did HZD. The story/characters and main quest line is excellent while the side quests are at least solid or better. There’s a few meh ones but some really good ones. Overall, based on how I rate games, HFW is still going to score at least a 9/10 for me but gameplay/combat won’t be matching the 10/10 I gave HZD.

1 Like

He’s nerfed in the sequel :joy:

But then they added an infinite full heal with no punishments button which I’m not sure how to feel about. I didn’t use it.

Though there is Hard Mode which is quite possibly the hardest thing Inti Creates has ever done, and the true ending is locked behind it. The full heal button is obviously removed lol.

Do wait for a sale on the sequel though. It’s more expensive but not a longer game. I suspect this is because Inti is a small studio but they did a dub for iX 2 which had some actually big dub actors in it (I stuck with Japanese). Price didn’t bother me because I’m an Inti super-fan but yeah sale price would be better worth it.

I already bought the sequel, I tend to just jump right in when it comes to buying a series and tend to buy things even when not on sale. But hey more money for the devs lol.

So about this nerf, has his mobility been scaled back to Megaman Zero levels? No billet shield? No replenishing ammo for weapons?

Currently playing Horizon Forbidden West in PS4, and Jedi Fallen Order on Series S, both of them are very good games. Forbidden West still in 10-20 hour, but feels im just on the surface.

2 Likes

Currently Xenoblade DE, Control, and Cyberpunk.

There’s a few other games but those we either MP or stuff I play once a week.

1 Like

I’m a little bit into Guardians of the Galaxy right now. At first, the game didn’t really click for me. The writing felt a little forced, like they were trying too hard to capture the magic and charm of the movies. But now, after maybe an hour and a half, I’m completely on board. They have indeed captured the aforementioned magic and charm, and the gameplay is fun too.

The plan is to spend quite a bit of my Saturday playing it. Looking forward to it.

5 Likes

I’m playing GTA V on the PlayStation 5. It’s really cool to play it with the dualsense. I played GTA V on Xbox 360 never beat it then I played it on the Xbox One and beat it. I also bought it again for Xbox Series X :sweat_smile:. When you get phone calls in GTAV the audio comes out from the controller. Also you can feel the individual rain drops with the controller. I’m really want to replay Skyrim again because I never finished it or any Bethesda Game Studios game. After watching the Starfield video I’m so pumped! I want to see show they write and their mission structure. Also I just want to find some awesome companions and bring them with me. When I play RPGs I love having companions and having them interact with the world with me. I can’t wait to meet my future companions with Starfield. Also I bought Trivial Pursiut Live 2 for Xbox Series X. I can’t wait to play it! Oh and I been dying to finish Persona 5 strikers on the PS5 and Fire Emblem 3 houses for the Switch. I’m taking a mini break from Horizon Forbidden West and Elden Ring.

After realizing that I work 50+ hour weeks, and I’m not the type of dude who can dedicate the amount of time needed to explore the world and master the combat of Elden Ring… I booted up an old favorite: FFX

Oh man. This feels just right. :coffee:

Never did check out FFX2 back in the day, so theres that too.

2 Likes

These last few weeks, I’ve been in a gaming slump, I haven’t been wanting to game too much really. But starting yesterday, I’ve picked it back up with Fallout New Vegas, and a bit of FH5, and I’m going to start Sonic Colors Ultimate. after F:NV

1 Like