What are you currently playing?

MotB is the worst FF game by a mile. Yeah its slow but the level design along with the atmosphere is worst in the series.

Right now I’m playing Metroid Prime Remastered and wondering how on earth this 20 year old game is still better than most modern games out and how it looks and runs better than most switch games on the system.

Also god damn…Theatryhtm Final bar line is SO DAMN good. The progression system is so much better than the 3DS games.

1 Like

It’s a slog, yes. I’ve played Fatal Frame 1-3 in recent years and they were a lot better. For one you don’t take 7 seconds to open a door in those lol.

Hoping FF4 Remake next month is better. I think it’s more like 1-3 so looking forward to it.

2 Likes

I beat Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga, and I gotta say that Paper Mario 64, Paper Mario Thousand Year Door, and Mario RPG (SNES) are much better games. If you want to get into Mario JRPGs, try those out first, and only come to the M&L series if you want more. Of course, M&L is a handheld series, so it is designed to be a simpler experience. Still though, Superstar Saga is a very good JRPG that more fans of the genre should check out.

I started that demo for Sea of Stars, and the game seems pretty good. I don’t like the vast majority of JRPGs, so it is always a surprise to find one that is fun. It has (optional) timed-based attacking and defending like the Mario JRPGs I mentioned above.

It’s a shame Sea of Stars isn’t coming to Xbox because the D-Pad and ergonomics of the Switch Lite is absolute trash. I really like the Series X/S controller’s D-Pad.

1 Like

Kentucky Route Zero and it’s horrible.

Mainly because it has zero (pun intended) respect for the players time.

2 Likes

Just finished Atomic Heart. Now I am with Hi-Fi Rush, then Resident Evil 4 Remake, then Metroid Prime Remastered.

2 Likes

Hoggie Warts on PlayStation and Fallout 4 on Xbox! I’m waiting for the patches for Outer Worlds with the Spacer Edition

2 Likes

Transport Fever 2! Played about 3 hours of the campaign last night. Love it, I find it very relaxing to create supply chain routes I guess.

Also I finally managed to beat Slay the Spire ascension lvl 14 with the Defect, so on to lvl 15 now.

And inbetween I play Modern Warfare 2 online with friends.

1 Like

Finished Hogwarts Legacy and Persona 4 Golden within the last couple of weeks and am now on Marvels Midnight Suns.

I highly recommend Midnight Suns to anyone who likes turn-based tactical games or turn based rpgs. I’ve been playing it for twelve hours or so. I am just scratching the surface, but it is an absolute blast so far.

My only complaint so far is that the game throws a lot of systems at you pretty early for upgrading powers, building items, and adding new features to your base, etc. The systems are not hard to understand, but there are several different resources required (at least four or five depending on how you count). And so far I don’t have nearly enough resources to make the available upgrades. At this point I don’t know how much grinding is required to do everything.

That’s a small complaint in the grand scheme of things. The rhythm of the game is very much like Fire Emblems Three Houses (though the combat is nothing like it). Gameplay alternates between combat missions and social activities/crafting/research/resource gathering at your home base.

So far the main story is good. And it is very fun hanging out with the Marvel characters and “getting to know” them.

Anyway, very high marks on Midnight Suns so far. Too bad it was apparently a commercial bust. At least you should be able to get it on a good sale soon if you are curious.

6 Likes

That is one hell of a streak! :star_struck:

Had one hell of a streak too since I got my SX almost two months ago…I finished Dead Space Remake, A Plague Tale: Requiem, Scorn, Hi-Fi Rush (which I bought recently and will definitely double dip if a retail version releases) and loved all of them. All awesome games and quite different in tone and gameplay style…and I still have Deathloop & Monkey Island installed and ready to play (probably after I am done with REmake 4). It’s really awesome to be an Xbox fan right now and 2023 just started. :partying_face:

About what I am playing the last few days I played the REmake 4 demo way more than I should, I am on the 6th track of Very Hard on HFR (what a fuckin’ amazing game this is), trying to 100% hard on Huntdown (currently at The No.1 Suspects area) and doing the weekly stuff in Forza Horizon 5.

3 Likes

Finished Beacon Pines the other day, which is a great little game! Doing a little bit of Football Manager 23 as podcast game and started up Greedfall, which is pretty good so far.

2 Likes

Yeah, I like to play good videogames :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Shoutout to Huntdown tho, truly a hidden gem.

1 Like

Finished up Shadow Warrior 3. Started and finished up Contrast.

I am looking to see what the next game should be. I have so many started but switched away to the next big shiny game that I really should get back to at least one of them.

1 Like

Yeah, I try to always finish games before moving to the next… I’m reaaaaally bad at getting back to games when some time has passed.

Shadow Warrior 3 looks like it could be fun.

Went back to The Gunk, had only gotten slightly past the ship landing on the planet before but am a couple more chapters in now and am enjoying it.

2 Likes

I thought it was pretty good, cleaning up the gunk was satisfying too.

2 Likes

Yeah it is :blush:

1 Like

I don’t know what to play right now and I am pulling my hair out trying to decide. I started Hi-Fi Rush and in theory I think I like it but I am having a hell of a time hitting to the beat even though I know I am on beat. Might come back to it with a less frustrated moood. Just don’t know what to play in the meantime.

I really need to jump back in, I was pretty much close to the end when I stopped playing because another game caught my attention.

1 Like

Of course we like to play good games but the HFR → REmake 4 → Metroid Prime Remastered streak is amazing not good! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :philwins:

The Gunk was decent fun, really enjoyed it. Series has potential for something great with a bigger budget, hopefully MS will fund a sequel.

2 Likes

Not going to lie, I at least initially went back to it for the rewards quest (which seems broken cause I’ve definitely done more than 3 new achievements on it now) - but am enjoying it enough that I’m going to try to finish it up.

Overall reviews weren’t super - so hard to say if there will be another, but it’s fun & different enough so would be nice.

1 Like