What are you currently playing?

Went for a deep dive in the backlog and started Fable 2! Pretty good so far, I like that it’s a little bit less silly than the first one at least. A little, lol.

I like the story so far, and the world is interesting to explore and the way things changes depending on my actions is neat.

It’s showing its age for sure though, camera control is wonky and there’s weird pauses between actions at times. Sound is not great either, especially dialogues sound recorded in a booth. Combat is also a bit meh.

2 Likes

Currently I’m playing:

Goldeneye Dead Space Remake Zelda BOTW

3 Likes

Dead Space remake. Loving it a lot!

3 Likes

I also played it not long ago. I especially liked how it felt like its own thing at all times. Story, humour and aesthetic were also positives. I am really curious to see PG Fable.

1 Like

Got a bit further into my first Mass Effect 3 playthrough. Still hate that I cannot holster my weapon, but I’m enjoying the story a lot. Regretfully Mordin died in Mass Effect 2 and the mission with the female Krogan clearly would have been more impactful if Mordin was there. But, that’s how I like to play RPGs. Gotta roll with the punches imo. I always regret save scumming more than my actual mistakes or bad choices.

4 Likes

Indeed, this is the way.

2 Likes

Been rotating between Hi-Fi Rush and Dead Space. These two games made me realize I long for the OG Xbox/Xbox 360 era of game design. No bloat. No filler. No map with 100 icons on it. Just really well paced, great games.

I played Callisto Protocol today after finding it preowned for 30 bucks. Was surprised how bad the game was tbh. Graphics are great but game is a chore to play. Combat is really bad and clunky. Worst offender is the linear game design. Regret buying it but gamestop have decent trade back credit

2 Likes

Having a great time with two games: Dead Space Remake & Huntdown! Currently at Chapter 10 on DSR which is a God-tier horror game and a GOAT level remake. Also finished Huntdown on Normal yesterday which is a fuckin’ great run & gun action game with beautiful pixel art and a kickass OST. Now I am planning to replay the levels for 100% completion which is gonna be quite a challenge I think! :partying_face:

1 Like

Kind of a late reply, but the first game cant be compared to 2 and 3. That game was horrible. I tried to play several times and with a friend and we just left after 2 hours because how bad it was. 2 is the best and 3 is quite decent if you just go in for the gameplay.

2 Likes

I had a really hard time getting into Fable 1 anniversary, ended up quitting because it wasn’t really fun for me and got into a situation where I couldn’t get past an encounter. Started 2 and was enjoying but then got sidetracked with something and need to go back to it. Got 3 from games with gold and played that before the other ones, found it quite enjoyable. Really can’t wait to see what Playground does with 4. Have huge respect for Ralph Fulton.

I’ll give em a chance someday, I have them in the backlog after all.

Hogwarts Legacy on Xbox Series X. Currently 15+ hours into the game and loving it.

2 Likes

Age of Empires 2, busy with the Joan of Arc campaign.

Hitman Trilogy, now at the Isle of Sgail mission.

Kingdom Rush, trying to beat it, again.

Slay The Spire, going for ascension level 14 with The Defect, many deaths.

Modern Warfare 2, TDM and Domination with friends.

Looking forward to Transport Fever 2, Anno 1800 and EA PGA Tour next month.

3 Likes

Really enjoying Hogwarts

6 Likes

After finishing Fable 2, which was pretty good, I dove right into Fable 3. Haven’t gotten very far yet but first impressions are positive. The camera is now functioning as it should, the protagonist found their voice and the setup for the story seems the most interesting yet.

4 Likes

I’m now finishing up my MGS marathon on my PS4 by playing two games, including MGS V. Likewise, the fantastic metroidvania game Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom for the Switch. I also love to play CSGO with BHOP Commands .

Considering how fantastic the demo was, I’ll probably end up playing the new Kirby.

1 Like

I beat Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins. It is pretty overrated imo, but I understand that it was impressive to have it on GameBoy. Was this the first introduction of Wario? It’s cool that Wario uses Mario’s power-ups against him.

Still working my way throughMass Effect 3. I unfortunately started the Shore Leave DLC before meeting Tali. Shore Leave was amazing, but I wish that I waited to play it. Oh well, I didn’t know better.

Also started Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga. I got a NSO subscription as a gift, so I have been playing a lot of retro Nintendo stuff.

Taking a break from P4G to start Marvel’s Midnight Suns. So far, I am loving it. XCom is one of my favorite franchises of all time, so the turn-based Firaxis gameplay is right up my alley.

I had no idea what to make of the card mechanic until I actually started playing, but it seems like a nice way just to have some randomness in the fights (rather than have RNG in “to hit” like XCom).

Too bad the game seems to have bombed and some of the top devs have left Firaxis (or been pushed out). Hopefully they find a new home to keep putting out games like this.

Edit: Didn’t really mean to reply to metroidfan, as my post has nothing to do with theirs. But very glad they are playing Mass Effect 3. ME is another of my top series ever.

1 Like

Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water… in the middle of chapter 5, 12 chapters I believe in total, graphics are great on XSX for being a wiiU game. But the game’s characters moves sooo slow, sooooo slow, and you go through the same 3 maps, over and over… If they just increased every movement by 25% it would be much better