What are you currently playing?

Indeed, I’ve had so much fun with BF the past month or so. Really feels like it’s heading in the right direction.

Battle for Nordvik has been great, the latest Breaktrough Chaos is probably the most fun I’ve had in MP in a very long time.

1 Like

Started a new Playthrough of Fallout 4, still my favorite Fallout, but I am the type of person that when I choose a faction, I don’t ever really explore the others without being in my main faction (always the Minutemen). So, I’m currently remembering just how much more work the Minutemen take to build up than the other factions, and somehow, I find it both tedious (the resource gathering to have the needed materials early on) and fun because every mission sends you across the Commonwealth for the sake of exploring the entire thing to build up the Minutemen.

Although I’m currently using the cheat terminal that I used to give myself the weapon I wanted to play with, I keep being tempted to just dumb a bunch of materials into Sanctuary Hills and just start getting Caravans running from there until I can get the Automaton Caravan in place.

edit: if you have the creation club CR-74L rifle mod installed, don’t scrap the mailboxes in Sanctuary hills, the upgrade plans are in one of them and if you scrap it, you lose the chance to get them. I don’t know if I can upgrade it without it yet, but the fact that plans were involved makes me think I won’t be able to. Maybe it had to do with something else?

1 Like

Actually, im looking at Steam Deck with the dock as that can go to the TV. It wouldn’t be for the current generation games. It would be for the last two generations and for the games that for whatever reason aren’t on Xbox/PlayStation.

First time im playing it. I’m very early but so far so good. Enjoying it. And yeah, hyped for Space Marine 2!!

1 Like

Playing some Xenogears right now, will follow that up with Bravely Default and SMT 3.

Also playing an ungodly amount of Yugioh master duel atm.

5 Likes

I started the Blood and Wine DLC for Witcher 3 for the first time. I didn’t 100% the main game’s various maps (I didn’t clear all of the ?'s but I did look up where all of the unmarked side quests were), but I will definitely 100% the B&W map since it is more digestible and Toussaint is awesome in the books.

The only spoilers that I was given were that (1) one ending has Geralt retire in his vineyard with Dandelion aparently, and (2) I should listen to Regis for the main quest (which I would have done anyway because Regis is awesome in the books). So far, I love all of the references Geralt and Regis are making about their adventure in the books.

I am doing an alchemy build, and I just found out how incredibly OP Euphoria is. I can drink three decoctions and a bunch of potions to scale up my damage to ridiculous levels. Right now, I am obsessed with finalizing my equipment. I have the two grandmaster Netflix swords now, and I am working on replacing my Viper armor with Manticore armor.

Also, I started Ocarina of Time which I was familiar with growing up but only by watching my brothers play it. It holds up pretty well (playing the GC version) imo especially since you can save whenever you want. The environments and lore setup are very cool. Sneaking through the castle grounds to get to Zelda and then for you two to spy on Gannon was a fun story moment.

My only issue so far was that you had to talk to the rancher’s daughter twice to get her to give you an item (a chicken egg) that is necessary for you to make progress. The game gives zero indication of that being the solution, so I had to look that one up. Bad design imo.

1 Like

Yeah, that will work to, you can do same thing with a old gaming Laptop from like 2017-2018 but for cheaper lol

Just connect it to the TV via HDMI and then turn off the laptop screen and only use the TV as the external screen basically become a console lol

Also you can debloat windows and remove all programs and only keep gaming programs and launcher like Steam, GOG etc…

I think if you are gone to buy the Steam Deck it for gaming on the go, if you just buy it and docked it then just get a old gaming laptop a couple years back for like 200 it will be more powerful then Steam Deck and cheaper.

1 Like

Currently playing some Forza Horizon 2 - which I apparently own? I’m not sure when this happened, I think it was on games with gold once but I distinctly remember being annoyed that i missed it. I even remember checking to see if I had it, discovering I didn’t and I’ve been meaning to pick up a physical copy ever since. But I already own it? Weird. I half wonder if it’s something to do with the fast and the furious stand alone thing they did cause I did own that and that is noticably absent from my owned games now.

Eh, either way, I’m not complaining. It’s nice to have more FH to play and it’s interesting seeing how the franchise has evolved over time.

4 Likes

I was on a Xbox 360 era/action-adventure mood so after finishing Lords of Shadow 1 & 2 (and LoS2’s Alucard’s Revelations DLC which was more than decent, especially for it’s price) I then I went and started playing Darksiders Warmastered Edition which I finished yesterday. Haven’t played the game since 2010 and the game still holds up beautifully in both visuals (due to the art style) and gameplay. Some really cool Zelda-like dungeons in there with the highlights being the Twilight Cathedral and of course the amazing Black Throne with the whole portal thing going on. Combat is limited move-wise when compared to the later games but everything works great…cancelling War’s attacks, dodging, enemy attack telegraphing e.t.c. everything feels awesome and fair. Some very good boss fights in there with cool move sets as well. I played on Apocalyptic which is a very nicely balanced Hard mode, difficulty curve was also spot-on (which is something a lot of action games screw up) with the most challenging (and cooler) combat encounters being in the later parts of the game.

While I am a big fan of the whole Darksiders series and love Darksiders 3 and Genesis I think the first Darksiders is still the best game overall mainly because of it’s Zelda-like structure, War is a fuckin’ badass (with the best voice acting in the series) and the story is the most interesting overall. Can’t wait to see Strife’s game, I bet it’s about time for a reveal this year since Darksiders 3 came out in 2019.

About what I am going to play next…I have a lot of smaller Game Pass games installed that I still haven’t played so I am thinking to start Signalis tonight, I’ve read great things about this game and the survival horror genre is one of my favorites so I am very excited about this.

2 Likes

I’ve played through fh1 a couple of times and even did the achievement for all of the championships in fh2 (which took forever). It’s definitely neat to see how the games have evolved. In some ways, 1 might still be my favorite even though there are huge improvements in subsequent titles. That game is what got me to buy an Xbox in the first place so might be because of that.

Playing High On Life finally.

The humour is funny at times, but it falls flat as often as it hits tbh. Very overrated in that department. What’s interesting though is that the game is an actually good action shooter platformer. Once you get some upgrades and more weapons this becomes very fun.

1 Like

Been on a massive Trackmania grind lately. 20 hours in like 2-3 days.
Not the best player but I’m having tons of fun, and because I’m in spain I’m constantly in like the top 10-15 in my country and constantly top 1 where I live… cause there’s like 600 players total here.

1 Like

Finished Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc, now that was a ride. It seems ridiculous at first but its really remarkable how almost everything in these cases is logical and makes sense. Some dialog got a bit long but overall that was a good over the top detective game and i liked it more than Ace Attorney.

1 Like

Replaying Skyrim on PC

Dragon Ball Kakarot once the Series X version isn’t busted.

PS5 I’m playing Elden Ring

Switch I’m replaying Resident Evil 4

1 Like

Playing Fallout 4, I had to restart and get rid of a mod or 2 twicw, because Piper was stuck outside of Diamond City not doing her intro dialogue.

Current playthrough is going well, Piper is working, I have clear Corvega, Trinity tower(I got surrounded several times and died, playing as a meele character, but guns are op so even with minimal upgrades I keep a couple of legendary weapons to use), Trinity church. Have 3 settlements in place, rescued Nick and I am currently heading to Diamond City with Preston and Dogmeat to talk about finding Shaun.

3 Likes

Started Chained Echos today as a cleanser from all the fps ( with a little more moving around than Persona 5) and this was just brilliant! Sound on.

I beat Diablo 3. I am playing Final Fantasy 8 on PlayStation and Vampire Survivor on Xbox. I can’t wait for Monster Hunter Rise

1 Like

After coming back to console about a week ago, I started plague tale which is good, but not as good as I read some people making it out to be. I’m 6 hours in so it might get much better but putting it higher in your 2022 list than elden ring? Zero chance for me personally.

Also started deathloop, but quickly realized it’s gonna be a horrible game to not play on its own till you finish it, you need to remember where you left off and what happened the day before or the game loses a lot of it’s appeal I imagine, but I get the feeling it’s gonna be an incredible game. Gonna start playing that exclusively after finishing plague tale and high on life which I also started playing, I find it amusing and really funny at times, no idea how it got a 60 on metacritic, it’s not a masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination but it’s not garbage either.

I see a lot of people playing d3, I’ve obviously finished it but lately I find myself craving a good arpg dungeon crawler to play with friends and I can’t play Poe with people on PC so that’s out. D4 might be the game I’m most looking forward to for 2023 tbh, it would be perfect if the acquisition went through before it’s release but I highly doubt it at this point.

Also seeing people enjoying 2042 is shocking to me, it was in such a disgusting state a year ago when it came out I thought ea would have completely scrapped it by now, might give it a chance at some point.

I really wish Fallout 4 had more checks like these throughout. None the less the USS Constitution quest was fun and seeing the ship flying into another building is a pretty good highlight.

2 Likes

Picked up Sid Meier’s Pirates in the sale, played for 2 hours straight. The original 80s game still is my fav game of all time and this remake also had tons of playtime back when it released.

Still don’t like the dancing minigame though.

Can we get a new one Sid, please? Perhaps less cartoony and slightly more gritty?

2 Likes

Yeah, the U.S.S constitution quest was a highlight in the basegame. Love FO4, but most of the quest design was in line with Skyrim. Meaning not very interesting.

Also rip Ferret Baudoin. Not a surprise he designed that quest :saluting_face:

2 Likes