What are you currently playing?

I am currently playing through Doom 64 and… Woow, thanks God it allows cheats.

I wouldn’t play it otherwise. The charm has been definitely retained though.

2 Likes

I love this Lords of Shadow trailer because it has the music from Super Castlevania IV -

4 Likes

Gonna do some backlog cleanup. Immortals Fenyx Rising is one of them so gone to do that next.

2 Likes

Started Borderlands with a friend, we left at level 15, this game is just straight up bad. Its really a miracle this game got such a fanbase when it launched, its not good even for its time.

Jumped on Borderlands 2 instead and its way better, but we’re having some lag issues and Claptrap is very annoying but the rest is fun, nothing amazing, but its playable.

1 Like

You’re playing a game from 2009 there. It’s a product of its time. It was amazing then.

2 Likes

The year Arkham Asylum released. That game is amazing still to this day. Borderlands 1 isnt and wasnt even back then, its a mediocre product that improved with its sequels… and not even that much but at least to a fun/playable state.

Its literally so bad, the coop lags… the main feature of the game.

I agree its release was a revolution and pushed the looter shooter genre to popularity but the game is beaten by almost anything else, in every aspect, in the market.

1 Like

Currently juggling a first playthrough of Tales of Arise and a replay of Shadow of Mordor. Quite the odd couple, but I’m having fun.

Lords of shadow 2 is awful. Huge dissapointment compared to first game

Now 60 hours into the Witcher 3. Past all my previous sticking points. Past the point of no return. What an excellent world to explore and learn about!

5 Likes

I’m about to start chipping away at the backlog again but damnit… Battlefield 2042 has had some great events over the holidays and this last week is just too much fun to not play.

Enter the Matrix

I completed Ghost’s side on normal difficulty. This game is unique: its story strictly follows the events of the movie in a complementary way that doesn’t allow you to not fully remember Matrix: Reloaded in order to visualize the “bigger picture”. It’s weird how it develops: Ghost/Niobe work in the backstage and their actions serve Neo/Trinity/Morpheus purposes that actually “live” the core story; meaning that it almost has no integrety by itself (chronologically feels like a bunch of poorly connected episodes…). By the way, Ghost is an extremely interesting character and fits perfectly in this universe, too bad he’s been “locked” in this game.

Now I’m replaying some levels on hard difficulty before switching to Niobe.

1 Like

Playing Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine on PC via Steam. Only the third PC game ever that im playing. First was Virtual Pool back in the 90’s at my friend’s. Second was Giana Sisters two generations ago but my PC laptop couldn’t run it for shit. lol. Now it’s Space Marine. Surprisingly, couldn’t find it on the Xbox Store or PlayStation Store. Saw Cohh Carnage playing this a week or so ago and since im very interested in Space Marine 2 and this being on sale for $15, I figured, what the hell, let me try this out. Halfway through chapter 2 and so far, so good.

1 Like

I thought you said you don’t game on PC only console lol… anyways welcome to the PC Gamer realm.

I’m playing Midnight Suns and Diablo 3.

2 Likes

I don’t. I easily prefer console but wanted to play Space Marine and since it’s two generation old game, my Acer Nitro 5 laptop has been running it easily thus far.

Also, Space Marine is NOT on Xbox or PlayStation so it was either Steam or not play it. For $15, I chose to play it since im hyped for Space Marine 2.

2 Likes

Got into Battlefield 2042 somehow and the game is extremely fun right now. The Battle for Nordvik is such a great event. The map is amazing and 128 players fighting for two objectives is insane chaos. I love it.

I only played the beta and the 10 hour trial before and was extremely disappointed with the state of the game. But they made huge strides and it feels so much better now. It seems pretty polished on Xbox as well.

Battlefield will shortly get the class system back with the upcoming 3.2 update in the coming weeks which will change the game further (hopefully for the better)

Nevertheless the Game Pass release got me back in the game and I’m super happy where they got it right now. Great turn around for this game. I really thought they will never be able to fix this game, but for me this feels great right now.

2 Likes

I see, yeah i also have laptop and prefer it to the desktop. just get a gaming laptop and hook it up to a TV display and pair it with a controller and it basically become a console like experience in the living room.

I’d love to revisit the game if it was backwards compatible on Xbox but sadly it ain’t. Game was really fun and I am too very interested in Space Marine 2, hopefully Saber will deliver.

Back on topic I started LoS2 a few days ago and really enjoying it. I like the current day sections/modern city part of the game more than I expected but of course the Castle and City of the Damned is where the best parts of the game are both level design wise and of course art direction wise. Combat is also greatly improved with more options/weapons and much better enemy hitboxes than the first game. Also I played the Toy Maker level yesterday and what a fuckin’ cool section that was, awesome stuff! I still can’t believe that this game has a 63% metascore…like WTF? oh well one more reason to not give a fuck about metacritic scores I guess. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Went back to Destiny 2 with a friend and oh man… this is bad. The game is great, for sure, gunplay; graphics;etc but the live service experience is probably the worse I’ve tried in years. I bought the game at launch with 2 DLC I believe, I have no access to any of that and me and my friend are in the same exact position in terms of content… wich is basically none. You have a couple of test missions to do that basically end with: BUY THIS.
I’m kinda hopeful it gets fixed when the vaulted content comes back with the new expansion but this game needs a lot of fixing… starting with how the DLC is handled. So many studios do it way better than them(WoW gives all old content with the sub; TESO does the same, FF gives you a ton of content + DLC before cutting you out,etc)

On the other hand we also tried Risk of Rain 2. A litle bit of BS here and there when it comes to some bosses, but the game is fantastic. I would add a revive for your teammates, doesnt make much sense that 1 dies, everyone else is alive and there’s no way to bring them back… even if it adds some kind of debuff for them.

I’m trying to stay a bit more focused in what games I’m playing at a time.

I’m at the fire Scantuary segment of Skyward Sword. Only a few more hours left into the game i assume.

On the Xbox I started Prodeus and Chained Echoes. I should be able to finish both those before Fire Emblem comes out in two weeks.

2 Likes