What are you currently playing?

Started Mario Rabbids Sparks of Hope. I’m only on the first planet, so I’m not convinced yet that this sequel is better than the original.

1 Like

Finally, have some time for gaming after very little over the past month.

Somerville - 3/4th of this game was really interesting. The final stretch it fell off and had obtuse, non-sensical endings. Still worth the short journey. 7/10

High on Life - Most of the conversation seems to be around its humor and while I find myself laughing out loud, the gameplay is plenty of fun. I have 4 different guns at this point and juggling them while using the abilities creates a fun combat loop. Well paced. My recommendation is if you’re decent at shooters, play the hardest difficulty. Even at that level, the game seems a touch easier than Halo on Heroic.

The Witcher 3 - I started and fell off this game two other times. Giving a third shot with the update. I tire quickly with checklist map games and was recommended to turn off most markers. It’s worked. I’m completely engrossed this time just exploring and running into great side stuff more organically. Even learned to play Gwent this time and I’m addicted.

5 Likes

Persona 5 Royal still. Literally the only game ive played past 2 months outside of the one day i played High on Life for a few hours

3 Likes

Currently playing God of War Ragnarok - it’s real damned good. It’s more of the same for sure - but as the second game in the new series I don’t think that’s bad at all. I don’t quite feel as strongly for this one as I did the first one - I can’t think of any moment in the game so far that has been up there with some of the best moments from the first game and I have a few small complaints here and there but at the same time I’m glad the story is able to go in interesting directions I wouldn’t have expected.

4 Likes

Just downloaded Squad on PC.

I’m also trying to get a 450 mod collection working on Skyrim but I can’t figure Vortex out.

1 Like

I have literally no time to play in these holidays, during little breaks between work and celebrations I’m enjoying a nuzlocke on Pkm Let’s Go Pikachu; I never get tired of 1st gen runs :nintendoswitchgrip:

1 Like

Still playing Persona 5 R, currently on January 11 and got the team back together to go after Muraki. So far learning what Muraki did to Yoshizawa to prove his psience cognition theory really makes the guy look like a skeever. Like I get that he did it because it’s what she wanted, but so far it feels like he took advantage of her to advance his work. Instead of trying to helping Yoshizawa reach a place where she could start to heal from her trauma. Well I guess I just need to play out the rest of the story and see how it went down.

1 Like

Tiny Tinas wonderland, Immortality, Citizen sleeper.

I also never get tired of the older gen of Pokemon games. Whenever I think about buying the newest Pokemon game, I just always resort to playing Red, Fire Red, Gold or Ruby. I just don’t really have much of a reason to try the new ones when I’m only strongly nostalgic for Gen 1 and a little bit nostalgic for gens 2 and 3. Haven’t played any new Pokemons after Pearl on the DS.

2 Likes

Nostalgia hits deep here! Gen 1to3 are my favourites.

I’m playing also Enter the Matrix for the first time ever. Probably the people back then weren’t ready to a story developed on different media (me too, I skipped it!), it’s so complementary with Matrix Reloaded that I regret I haven’t played it before.

2 Likes

You should try black and white/black and white 2 imo gen 5 was the peak. Pokemon violet and scarlet are good but janky. They probably have the best gimmick for online competitive though being the terrestalize stuff. Arceus is worth a try because of how different it is.

2 Likes

What are you playing it on?

PC. I bought an original copy in good conditions on eBay, complete of manual and all CDs - just 15€ (shipped). Love this flow:

3 Likes

Playing Persona 5 R, currently going through the ending sequence after the Muraki fight. With that I have completed my first playthrough of this game and will be looking forward to doing others in the future, but first onto High on Life again (Only got through the second boss here before stopping to concentrate on Persona 5 R).

Going to have to look into what ending this is for P5R and try for the true ending if I failed to do so this time because everything picked up from where Ren was supposed to turn himself in to prosecute Shido.

Ah. Yeah, I’ve had a hankering to play it lately. I had it for Xbox when it was new, but only put a few hours in. Wasn’t sure if it was backwards compatible or not.

But PC may be the way to go instead…

1 Like

I have no idea honestly, but I never heard about someone playing it on XOne/XS…even on PC is not easy to get it since this game is not on sale. By the way, just the exclusive movie cutscenes between levels worth the purchase if you like the Matrix saga!

1 Like

Replaying Lords of Shadow the last week or so, it’s such a great feeling to return to a game after 12 years…can’t be said enough how awesome backwards compatibility is. Game still looks amazing, asset quality and most importantly art direction are top notch. Game also runs at a rock solid 30fps and with the beautiful object motion blur looks smooth AF. Really liked the game the first time I played it back in the 2010 but this time I may like it even more, there’s a ton of variety in environments and enemies plus some really cool puzzles and platforming. I also love the fixed camera angles, they really give an unparalleled sense of scale in some spots.

I am planning to start LoS2 immediately after I beat this one, I never played it and I am curious to see the game…I always liked trying out divisive games. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Yeah I did hear good things about black and white. Maybe I’ll emulate those or wait for the remakes which will definitely happen eventually.

I’m also kind of interested in Arceus too just because of how much it does differently (like no gyms). What pulled me out of the series was Pearl on the DS. I liked Pearl well enough, but at that point I realized I basically played the same game five times (Red, Gold, Ruby, FireRed, Pearl).

1 Like

I was on the hate train back when this released because “It’s not Castlevania!” and whatever else that was said back then. Granted, it isn’t your average Castlevania but I actually really liked it by the time I finished. Even bought the DLCs afterwards. I bought the second one when it released, never finished it but I remember it not really catching me like the first game did. I didn’t really like how it was structured since they went away with the chapters and stages, and I don’t think the story was really keeping my interest either unfortunately. I do remember it got a really sick trailer though!

This trailer is over 10 years old and it still looks good lol. I kinda wanna give the game another try after watching it. I’ve been wanting to at some point but forgot about it until now.

1 Like

I honestly think that LoS1 is a very good action/adventure game overall, sure things like some enemy hitboxes could be better but it has a lot of things to like especially now at 2023 when games like this one is sadly a rarity. I really appreciate the simplicity of getting EXP by killing enemies/solving puzzles and then spending it to get new moves/combos, I am not a fan of pointless “RPG” mechanics finding their way in the action/adventure genre and it’s kinda weird that it feels like a breath of fresh air going back to 12 year old game.

I am really curious about LoS2, I haven’t played it (besides the demo that was released back on the 360) but a good friend of mine who is a big fan of both games and the Castlevania series as a whole convinced me to give it a try and that’s why I decided to also play the first game. Can’t wait to see what all the controversy was all about!

Thinking back to it 2010 was such a badass year for gaming, so many great games in 2010: Bayonetta, Vanquish, Darksiders (which I loved and also want to replay some time in the future), Halo Reach, LoS1, Alan Wake, Red Dead Rededption, PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX, Singularity, Split/Second, Limbo, Bioshock 2, Blur, Metro 2033, Lost Planet 2, Nier e.t.c. Such a cool year.

1 Like