What are you currently playing?

Remember that you are talking about a franchise that just put a motorcycle in it, for fun. And they wanted to put aliens in BOTW

Zelda doesnt make any sense, its just an adventure. People just spend way too much trying to make connections with everything. Its a simple plot for a simple adventure that tries to innovate in some parts, every game, that’s it. Its child fantasies turned into a game.

Yeah I agree that people should view each game independently from each other. I just feel bad for those lore-heads who will be compelled to imagine Fi inside of their master sword whenever they replay Ocarina of Time or whatever. It doesn’t help that Nintendo has an official timeline for the franchise.

There are very few franchises that I care about the lore in, and Zelda is definitely not one of them. People caring about Zelda lore is like Miyamoto not wanting a proper new Paper Mario game because he doesn’t want a Goomba to wear a hat.

I started Evil West while I wait for Callisto Protocol to get patched up.

So far it’s generally enjoyable. Definitely feels like a game from the 360 era, but it is well made, looks good, and plays well.

Just had my first 30 minute run in Vampire Survivors. Yeah, this is definitely ranking high on my GOTY list. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Wrapped up Ragnarok and the first path of Fire Emblem: Three Houses. Tried starting the FE DLC afterwards but that first mission is TOUGH.

Never thought I’d say it, but I jumped back into Fortnite thanks to Chapter 4 and the No Build Mode. Gotta unlock the Doom Slayer! Also continuing with Vampire Survivors, and just started Citizen Sleeper and Dragon Quest XI.

Persona 5 royal

Ask me again in a month. Will be the same game

I literally have 1 hour a day to play games due to my baby son.

3 Likes

Completed Plague Tale Requiem. i was not ready for that ending - even though i guessed it might end up where it did.

:sob:

1 Like

First congrats! Second man I remember those days. I used to play my 360 while holding my daughter.

If you only have an hour a day you’ll be playing P5R for 4 months… Ha.

Finished Death’s Door, not with the true ending but I did find all the weapons and all magic upgrades. Amazing game.

5 Likes

Great game, the yeti was such a tough boss for me, and the final not real ending boss was really annoying.

2 Likes

Yeah the final boss is kinda annoying how long it is but I found it quite easy. I mean, all of them are, technically speaking, its a matter of playing safe and learn the patterns.

1 Like

Vampire Survivors. Fighting some health issues at the moment and one stick fun is great.

4 Likes

Xuan Yuan Sword 7.

Really liking it and it’s early in the game. Love the music, I like how just like Witcher 3 they have a beastiary and just general lore all written down, I always read everything.

Good enough graphics, smooth with the every so random hiccup, nothing bad. Fun combat. I love how Xbox is finally getting these games now.

Thank you Phil!

2 Likes

I know ive only progressed about 30 hours in the last month

1 Like

To expand on this, I made it to Master rank online for the first time last night. Highest I got before was Champion.

2 Likes

Playing Paper Mario on the Switch’s N64 emulator. I haven’t played this since I had a N64, and it holds up incredibly well.

The JRPGs based on Mario are among the best JRPGs. For example, Super Mario RPG, Thousand Year Door, and Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga. Mario JRPGs do a great job cutting away all of the fat (grinding, maze-like dungeons, overly verbose dialogue, bad writing, pompous philosophizing, etc.) that plagues the JRPG genre.

1 Like

Playing Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion on Xbox Series X. On chapter 2. Thus far, it’s pretty good but im not a fan of the digital mind wave system and every time you start an enemy encounter, it says entering combat mode or something like that. Almost feels like random battles in a way. But the combat itself is really good. Enjoying it for the most part.

I’m finishing Act 1 of DQ11. Let it sit there for a year but now i have some motivation to progress further. Its pretty good but longer and more challenging than i expected.

2 Likes

Really enjoying my time with Evil West, combat gameplay is superb.

I am really glad I went for the PC version. I still play at 1080p/60fps but lowering the antiaaliasing and cranking the AMD CAS filtering to the maximum helps to get a sharp image. I also disabled motion blur.

1 Like