What are you currently playing?

Yeah its a bit of a mixed bag. They also make the same mistake many modern games make when they overload you visually. The night races suffer the most from this when you can’t distinguish the driving lane from the surroundings because all kinds of shit (fireworks, lightning, confetti or laser shows) tries to grab you attention. Or maybe i’m just getting old.

Dirt 5 got some slack because it was a launch game for nextgen consoles so lack of content was overlooked. But Grid Legends is just the better racing game.

2 Likes

I just finished Persona 5 Royal on Xbox it took me 103hrs. I’m now playing Pentiment and it’s amazing! Also I started playing Divinity Original sin. I have God of War Raggy and Pokémon Scarlet in my rotation as well!

6 Likes

Yeah, I played through all the levels in the main campaign and absolutely hated the gymkhana levels. Ai was definitely a bit lacking. Some good ideas but hope for more.

2 Likes

……shadow of the tomb Raider. I bought it on launch on steam, put about 10 hours in on launch week and never finished it

It feels really weird going back to a game I haven’t touched in 4 years but I want to complete some of my backlog before Starfield comes out.

Yeah, the new stuff seems to be an attempt to improve things a little but like you say, that ship has sailed. There are too many fundamental things wrong for a Battlefield game in this one.

I hope the next one goes back to being Battlefield.

2 Likes

Playing Zelda Skyward Sword. Like my experience with most Zelda games (except Breath of the Wild) I am a little bored playing it, but I only have access to my Switch Lite during this holiday season. I would have bothered to pack my Series S if Goldeneye was out or Halo Infinite had splitscreen, but the Switch will have to do this year.

Finished Ghost Song yesterday, well not actually finished because I struggled on the final boss, had enough and watched the rest of the story on YouTube. I didn’t pay enough attention to the story and so not sure what was happening there in the end lol, but it was an overall nice metroidvania experience and I recommend especially if you love Super Metroid, Axiom Verge, Hollow Knight.

Played around two hours of SIGNALIS. So far, so good, I like the retro aesthetics and vibes and structure a lot, it just feels like a modern PS1 game and that’s chef’s kiss. I got scared some bits but it’s fine so far. The story and lore are quite intriguing.

Warthunder. Why Xbox players automatically enable crossplay is beyond me.

Xbox players should not be playing with PC players ever.

2 Likes

Finished Evil West and Fahrenheit. Evil West is amazing. I would personally calm down on the combats when it comes to the design, they throw way too many enemies without any kind of sense at you and it becomes boring at some points, but overall its a great experience specially when you are fully geared. The bosses were quite fun. But I did a Nick and skipped most cutscenes, way too much exposition for me here, not every interaction needs 5 minutes of videos.

And Fahrenheit is an absolute disgrace of a videogame. The story starts kinda interesting ,and I’ve played that start like 4 times until now that I decided to actually continue the game, but it falls off pretty quickly with the weird story, bad dialogue, dumb choices, the awful controls and specially the weirdo Cage moments. By the end it wasnt the most awful experience I’ve ever had with a game, but I’m sure I will never touch this game again or recommend it to anyone. I’m interested in trying the rest of the QD games, but just to see if they went in a worse direction or did they actually improve with the years.

Haven’t been playing anything recently after I finished Ragnarok.

Picked up Evil West, Callisto Protocol, and some Switch games that were on sale but haven’t started any of them yet.

Tried some NFS Unbound yesterday. Its fun most of the time. I like the visuals but I’m skipping most of the story, its just the usual NFS story that no one cares about. The driving is ok, not the best, but you can tweak it to adapt your playstyle. I do hate the police chases, I think they are getting quite boring already, I’m 3 hours in and I just cant take another police chase anymore, it takes away from the fun of the racing. Drifting sucks.

I’m also about to start The Witcher 2, I’m reading that the combat is awful, so will see how it goes.

Edit: Yeah The Witcher 2 is amazing. I’m playing with a few mods on and easy mode, but still having so much fun.

1 Like

Playing through Persona 5 R, just recent defeated the mafia guy Kaneshiro and currently clocking in 48 hours or so. But the thieves den informed me I have only done 5% of all activities in the game.

When exploring Mementos, I have found that using the stamp points for more items is just too good to pass up imo. Specially if you always explore from the beginning, because you can pick up so many items, recent run through for the side quests end with me picking up 77 Life stones and they each heal for 30% health. I also end up picking up enough treasures that I haven’t felt like I money will be an issue in the future.

2 Likes

The number of times you have to return to the three locations under the clouds (the woodlands, the desert with the time-shift stones, and the volcanic region) in Skyward Sword is ridiculous. Obviously, Skyward Sword’s “open-world” that has you flying around between floating islands above the clouds parallels Wind Waker’s “open-world” that has you sailing the earth after a biblical flood. The open-wold in WW is just done so much better. Sailing around actually takes effort and exploration is rewarding. In SS, flying around above the clouds is merely a means to get between Skyloft and the three locations under the clouds. There is no drive for exploration and nothing you find is interesting. Sailing in WW has so much more mechanical depth than flying in SS. I’m not done yet, but SS can’t be rated over a 7/10 imo. The controls are also bad on the Switch port, but that’s understandable when it was a Wii game.

How good is Vampire Survivors! Finally checked it out last night, 3 hours later it was past my bedtime :joy:

Can’t wait to play some more later today.

8 Likes

I totally agree. Do not open this game thinking that you will do only one run and stop.

Did that lastt night and next thing I know its 3AM. Now I am on my way to work and I am a zombie

3 Likes

Playing Spider Man Miles Morales on PC and I love it. The movement is buttery smooth and an improvement from previous spider man game.

Got back into MK11 recently. Still a really fun game. Also, somehow I’ve gotten better while not playing the game for almost a year :sweat_smile:.

Haha yeah. My first thoughts were ‘why am I playing this retro styled game when I have tons of other stuff to play, I don’t even get the appeal?’

Couple of runs later it clicked and now it’s in my daily routine to try a few runs. Never made it past 14 minutes or so yet.

1 Like

I found my wall was at 11 to 12 minutes and then once I broke through that I was hitting 28-29 minutes and close to clearing most stages.

I beat Skyward Sword. Personally, I think keeping track of or caring about the lore or timeline or whatever in Zelda is kinda dumb, but the Fi character actually hurts the “universe” quite a bit imo. Having the master sword contain a super computer just hurts the mystic of the franchise.

Two criticisms for the ending:

1) The hit-you-over-the-head reveal of The Old One as Impa was foreseeable from a mile away. I understand that the story needs to make sense for kids, but it’s alright if the kids don’t understand everything. Have some respect for the intelligence of your audience.

2) The last-minute emotional moment between Link and Fi fell completely flat. The master sword is cool. Fi is the opposite of cool.