What are you currently playing?

Finished Tinykin and it was such a joy to play. We need more charming and simple 3D platformers pls.

5 Likes

Just played through Doom (2016). I already played through it on PS4 and PC, so thought why not Xbox. I enjoy that game so much, but I’m still debating if it’s better than Doom Eternal. Eternal has excellent movement, especially with the grapple, but the platforming gets a bit tiring at times.

3 Likes

Since Coral Island is PC-only (maybe I’ll get a Steam Deck with my first bonus), I’m playing Potion Permit.

It’s on the better side of okay, but I wish it had a tad more depth. Two of the best innovations are using mini games for crafting and having the dog lead you to any NPC you want (assuming you’ve pet and fed him/her).

Started The Quarry over the weekend. Good time of year to dive in :slight_smile: .

I’ve had a lot of fun with it! The story is hammy and predictable but that kinda works for a trope-y horror game that seems to be an homage to slasher flicks like Friday the 13th and meta-horror films like Scream.

Graphics are kind of an odd one… At times it looks stunning, but at other times it looks really ugly and/or uncanny-valleyish. Kind of a mixed bag there.

Still, having a good time with it and my wife has had fun watching/providing input on what her choices would be for each decision as well.

1 Like

Subnautica

I started Gunvalkyrie today. I don´t know if I will make it till the end :rofl: Controls are… peculiar to say the least.

I saw an article that showed how to make the controls better! Try this

2 Likes

Still playing Chivalry 2. I find it very satisfying to crush skullls and chop off limbs… Maybe a bit too much so, lol.

2 Likes

As for what I’ve been up to:

On Xbox, deep into Lost Judgment now. Chapter 8 and doing all side content and going for all achievements as usual. Just finished up all activities for one of my favorite pastimes in this series… Mahjong :mahjong:. It’s honestly so relaxing and I enter a zen like state, and it’s always what I look forward to completing a lot when I play an RGG game now.

On my Switch I just finished an indie (almost all a solo dev game too!) Taiwanese game called Little Witch Nobeta. I picked up the special edition which had Hololive marketing with Polka (there’s also PS4 and PC special editions with different VTubers on them)

When I first picked this up, I heard it was like a Soulslike + “Magical Girl anime”… Well, that’s half right… What I was NOT expecting was this to actually feel like Gears of War as well. The combat is heavily based on being a third person shooter (there’s melee but it’s rather “dinky”, it’s mainly for restoring mana, aka “ammo”). There’s 4 different magic elements which function as “guns”. Arcane magic is like using a revolver, Ice magic is an automatic “machine gun”, Fire magic is like using a shotgun, and Lightning magic is like using a sniper.

By “feeling like Gears of War”, I mean, you’ll be doing a lot of dodge rolling and firing your weapons. Especially when using the Fire magic, just like using the Gnasher. It just needs a cover system lol. Most of the enemies are also ranged and will be firing back.

Switch port is mostly 60fps, but as you start reaching more “intense” areas, it fails to stick to that. I had the game drop to single digits for a good 5 seconds in the final area. Probably best played on PC.

For a mostly solo dev project I was pretty impressed. The environments are kinda bland and stock Unity-ish, but there was really good exploration and finding treasure chests is very rewarding as they upgrade your inventory space and “guns”. Really great boss fights with lots of spectacle too. Game was decent length, took me about 13 hours to do everything.

I’d like for ID@Xbox to reach out to this dev with a Game Pass offer, they seriously deserve it IMO.

1 Like

Wow, that is great! Thank you so much :grinning:

Plague tale Requiem

I got hooked on it and am nearing the end, i love the puzzles and working my way through the levels. I really find it hard to stay interested when theres slow/ shaky/ injured walking its just so damn frustrating and is a major point in why i usually avoid these games (PS studios games are rife with this.) Amecias grunting while injured is really obnoxious as well i had to mute gasp grunt some exert chapters because sighs wheeze of it. Apart from that though I’ve really enjoyed it.

Oh wait dont get me started on the lifting Hugo up over walls animation. The first time ok thats cute… after seeing it 400 times though its killing me.

Just started the campaign for MWII. MAN! The game looks amazing. Sounds amazing. Xbox knows what they are going to have.

1 Like

Starting P5R tonight! Bought on PS4, but never got around to playing it (and a bit of an achievement hunter) so finally getting to see what my wife has been raving about.

2 Likes

Starting tonight and for the foreseeable future, Persona 5. After that most likely Pentiment, because there’s really no way I’m finishing Persona 5 before then.

1 Like

I’m in act IV of Scorn and i think i will drop it for now. It started as HR Gigers interpretation of Myst and did a pretty good job with it even if the puzzles could be more complex or varied. But now its some fucked up fps with bad controls, frustratingly slow guns and unfun mechanics. Even evading the monsters is terrible because there is not a lot of place to maneuvre and i constantly get stuck on some geometry. I now understand the mixed reviews :confused:

Persona 5 for a bit. Will probably go back to judgement then come back to it.

Crash Team Racing, COD MW 2 and going trough some Need for Speed.

CTR was my first time playing, beat it in the easiest difficulty, had a ton of fun in that easy mode… but yeah, I wish I could play with a higher difficulty. It didnt make much sense to me that the AI on medium basically destroys you. Fun game but I see why its so frustrating. 100% needs a 60fps patch ASAP… idk why they never did it.

MW2 was amazing. It has some frustrating bits for sure but I loved it, not the best campaign by any chance, not even top 5, but some missions could be in like a top 10 COD levels for sure. The DMZ mechanics are way too obvious but are a cool adition to the series, and Alejandro is my boy, what a great character, hope he shows up more.

And Need for speed… well, I played 2015 and damn that game is such a wasted potential. It kinda starts decent, but then it just spirals into awfulness as soon as you start progressing. Luckily the online stuff and open world is easily avoidable with solo mode and fast travel but the game’s handling, the focus on drifting(wich isnt good at all), the forgetable story and just pure nonsense in terms of difficulty just made me quit this game half way trough. The racing and graphics were nice but all the rest wasnt.

On the contrary I’m finishing NFS Payback and damn, this game doesnt deserve the hate it gets, it for sure has some bad stuff in it but its such a massive step up from Criterion’s Most Wanted game and NFS2015 that I dont understand how people dislike it. I absolutely get why its not a fan favourite, but its not bad by any means, it has some stuff here and there that is a little bit on the nose and sometimes boring(police are somehow faster than you and the offroad racing just isnt good) but stuff like drifting is absolutely fantastic and they even brought back street drag racing wich isnt perfect but does add some variety. And even the story is somewhat decent and entertaining, but you can skip it. I’m enjoying it for sure.

Started God of War, and I’m having a good time despite being completely spoiled on the story. The combat is good, but I wished the RPG elements were more streamlined like in Ghost of Tsushima.

Also started Shovel Knight Dig. I never played the actual Shovel Knight game, but Dig is pretty good.

Still working my way through AM2R.

Finished the Modern Warfare II campaign in early access. It was alright, too many missions had some kind of gimmick instead of regular gunplay to my liking.

Looked great though, can’t wait to dive in multiplayer this week.

Will be playing Persona 5 until the new year.

Star Ocean comes out but I cancelled by physical Pre order. Won’t have time to paly it so will wait for Price drop. Plus i didn’t like the Demo

2 Likes