What AAA titles should Xbox try and get on Game Pass for the First Half of 2022?

Not sure I agree with #3 just because MS has money doesn’t mean a publisher can’t just flat out say no.

1 Like

More money! Problem solved

1 Like

Oh it’s definitely a highly personal observation.

It sucks, don’t get me wrong.

1 Like

We need the ability to stream your own games in the cloud tbh.

3 Likes

I got like 400 games and Im not sure I wanna play 10 of them lol.

1 Like

Xbox to From Software:

Here is 100 million dollars for Elden Ring on Game Pass

Xbox: 101 million?

4 Likes

Isn’t that the plan going forward? I mean, Xcloud is still technically in “Beta”.

Unlimited budget no worries big trillion dollar company! haha kidding aside, I don’t think Microsoft are going to be ridiculous and pay any amount for tons of games. I do think they might try grab a big fish and I genuinely think they could pick up at least one big title for crazy money but I just don’t expect a lot.

Elden Ring would be a big fuck you move that would create so many headlines that even that alone could be worth it let alone making Xbox players happen in the first half of the year. It’s just will they be able to and offer enough for them to bite. I do almost expect any co-op game to have a high chance of joining GP too day1 and yes I know they need more than that but if publishers are willing why not more games the better imo.

I hope it is

Why would they?

that too low also Bandai namco needs a share as well, MS would have pay serious money for Elden ring

Paying whatever the price is for Elden Ring or Dying Light 2 would be the equivalent of having a big first party game on the service. They don’t have any so why not put that money on securing one of the above? Subs would go bonkers high, and keep a lot of people subbed.

4 Likes

It could have been a fever dream, but I remember reading that their goal was to allow you to stream your library similarly to Geforce Now. I’m sure there are still some legal hurdles they need to iron out while they get Xcloud to where it needs to be.

100 million dollars seems like a lot for one game, which is why over bidding for huge game is a dumb idea

1 Like

Its not like they are out there throwing massive bids at other huge games. An elden ring or a dl2 a year is an investment not an expense.

1 Like

To be fair, we have no idea what they are or aren’t doing. :smile:

2 Likes

So many reasons, not enough money, they have deals in place with other partners, they don’t believe in game pass, they don’t think it will help their game and a million other reasons.

Yup I agree, I just don’t think it will be a common thing they will always do, it’s gonna be their ace in their sleeve for situations like this but I think they would have to offer quite a lot for Elden Ring and it might not be enough. Like for example let’s say they ask for like 100M or even more it starts to get a bit ridiculous and in their eyes not worth it. I say fuck it and do it this once, maybe you can start a good relationship with them using it.

Jeff Grubb said "Xbox has billions to invest in Gamepass: Do It. (I joke).

Anyway, acquisitions are very important for a service like Gamepass. publishers or 5/6 more studios are fundamental to grow up the platform. It’s impossibile to have a First party title every three months without studios.

1 Like

Confusing thread, because no matter how much MS pays a lot of publishers will not release their games on Gamepass? What is there to even argue? MS is literally offering anyone a gamepass deal, it’s up to publishers to take it.

1 Like

Not enough money is manegeable, a ton of multiplats have no marketing deals or anything, the money will help their game it doesn’t matter, not believing gamepass isn’t bigger than a ton of money.

Tell me how Sony can afford to get timed-exclusivity deals, excluding a whole platform for years, but MS can’t afford to pay for the same platform while still enabling the same game to be everywhere else? they’re literally paying to only have it on their service for limited time, I find it hard to believe this takes more money than Sony is paying.

3 Likes