What AAA titles should Xbox try and get on Game Pass for the First Half of 2022?

it’s coming only on PC, so more people here can lose their shit.

Xbox Game Pass - Google Sheets

Here is a spreadsheet that gives every release to Game Pass ever. It’s tough to find a month that didn’t have a new or old AAA title added in.

9 Likes

I think this is a good jumping off point. Here was H1 2021 in Console Game Pass additions. Bolded are Day 1 additions I recall (Day one being day one, not day one to Xbox platform but available elsewhere before.)

January 2021:

• PES 2021
  • The Little Acre
  • Injustice 2
  • Torchlight 3
  • Yakuza 3
  • Yakuza 4
  • Yakuza 5
  • Desperados 3
  • Donut County
  • Cyber Shadow
  • The Medium

February 2022:

• Jurassic World Evolution
  • Stealth Inc. 2
  • Project Winter
  • The Falconeer
  • Final Fantasy XII
  • Dirt 5
  • Pillars of Eternity II Deadfire
  • Elite Dangerous
  • Wreckfest
  • Killer Queen Black

March 2021 (some of these were in prior I believe but I don’t recall which ones):

• NBA 2k21
  • Star Wars Squadrons
  • NHL 21
  • Madden 21
  • Football Manager 21
  • Dishonored
  • Dishonored 2
  • Doom
  • Doom 2
  • Doom 64
  • Doom 3
  • Doom Eternal
  • Fallout New Vegas
  • Fallout 4
  • Fallout 76
  • Prey
  • RAGE 2
  • Morrowind
  • Oblivion
  • Skyrim (added December iirc)
  • ESO
  • Evil Within
  • Wolfenstein TNO
  • Wolfenstein Old Blood
  • Wolfenstein Youngblood
  • Undertale
  • Yakuza 6 - Narita Boy
  • Empire of Sin
  • Star Wars Squadrons
  • Octopath Traveler
  • Genesis Noir

April 2021:

• Outriders
  • MLB The Show 21
  • Rain on your parade
  • GTA 5
  • Zombie Army 4
  • Second Extinction
  • Destroy All Humans Remake

May 2021:

• Just Cause 4
  • Outlast
  • Psychonauts
  • Dragon Quest Builders 2
  • Red Dead Online
  • Steep
  • Final Fantasy X and X2
  • Fifa 21
  • MechWarrior 5
  • Conan Exiles
  • The Catch
  • Snowrunner
  • The Wild at Heart
  • Maneater
  • Knockout City

June 2021:

• For Honor
  • Darkest Dungeon
  • Dishonored: Death of the Outsider
  • Doom 2016
  • Evil Within 2
  • Fallout 3
  • Wolfenstein 3
  • Rage
  • Yakuza Like a Dragon
  • Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars
  • Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered
  • Limbo
  • Worms Rumble
  • Gang Beasts
  • Bug Fables
  • D&D Dark Alliance

The point is, STALKER’s delay to December is fairly minimal on Game Pass. They will likely bring a ton of stuff, even if the Bethesda game drop was one of those huge hard-to-top moments. If you wanna debate how STALKER’s delay is a bummer, or it makes MS’s exclusive slate look less impressive in the first half vs Sony or whatever, fine, but I have reason to put faith that STALKER or not, Game Pass will be far from having a dead first half, as there’s arguably no such thing as dead months. Just good months that may not be to your gaming tastes at worst, and of course several great ones fairly regularly IMO.

14 Likes

I know I’m probably in the minority here, but I care more about the indie games hitting the service than the bigger “AAA” games. Some of the best, most fun games I played last year were the $15-20 games that I would never have given a chance without Gamepass.

I do think they should go after the bigger fish though since again, I’m probably in the minority with my opinion. I’m sure there will be some pleasant surprises as we trudge through the year. :smile:

6 Likes

Guys one save bet I call is TGOTG in march or april

1 Like

That would be awesome as hell. But wasn’t/isn’t it a relatively good selling game?

the opposide I think

3 Likes

that’d be clutch tbh. Hope MS can bring it home.

1 Like

Im literally holding off buying GOTG because I think it hits game pass soon

5 Likes

Lol, I’m doing the same. It was on sale for the holidays for around $40, but I still held off. I did the same for the Mass Effect Lengendary edition and that paid off. :smile:

The year started good, both indie-wise with The Anacrusis and Nobody Saves the World and a couple other day one, and AAA-wise, with ME LE and R6E (even if a minor Ubisoft release, the price tag of 40 shows it).

Now they must keep the momentum, I think last year H1 stalled GP growth and things like MLB and Outriders were patches for lack of 1st party/big hitters, which are ultimately what draws new customers. I also like indies and play many thanks to GP (I’ll play Nobody Saves the World for sure), but they are not the real pull for most people.

Looking at confirmed dates (or months at least), for february the dream would be one among Elden Ring and Dying Light 2 (nah), then CrossfireX (IDK why it isn’t already), KOF XV, Dynasty Warriors 9 Empires or Evil Dead are the best possible choices.

For march: Tiny Tina would be the best (unlikely), then the bad looking FF, Spellforce 3 or Elex 2.

The thing is that Stalker 2 was really a big deal, expecially for pc and EU based communities, areas where Xbox needs big improvement, this delay is a bummer on every aspect (exclusives line-up, gp line-up, growth in certain markets, etc…).

4 Likes

What pisses me off is people STILL think you cannot buy games if you sub to Gamepass.

Not only can you buy every Gamepass game digitally but you get a discount. If you BUY ALOT of games gamepass actually makes more sense since you will easily recoup the cost of gamepass with the discount you get on every game.

You could even think of gamepass as atrial service and if you want to keep the game you get a discount.

when is god of war, horizon zero dawn and days gone coming to game pass pc?

Whats the point in this lol

Thermal death of universe? Lol

Dank memes for the too deep in the XboxEra lore ages.

2 Likes

:joy:

I’m glad I have a backlog! :wink:

Pretending that this is great for Xbox and GP is a bit much though. It’s not, and I think they will open up the coffers and get some of the bigger things on the service.

Also, they should get more “old” big games on there.

2 Likes

Idk how the answer to this set of criticism from some is “backlog” as if everyone has one or is interested in such.

Hope we get a healthy mix of both

Well, it’s true for Xcloud which annoys me. Game leaves game pass then it leaves Xcloud with no way to keep streaming it. People always say Xcloud could be a great way for growth in Japan (even Phil said this) but it’s pretty hard when the Japanese content leaves (Yakuza) and isn’t even replaced with something similar to fill that niche.

3 Likes