Welcome to DayOne

Originally published at: https://xboxera.com/2022/06/06/welcome-to-dayone/

Gaming is at its best when we all play together.

As one of the most exciting seasons in gaming approaches, we wanted to finally share what we’ve been working on, and give everybody out there in the Xbox Community a chance to play around with what we’ve built.

#DayOne

On our 100th XboxEra Podcast episode, we were super excited to reveal DayOne – a community focused Game Pass application, designed to enable our community to track, rate and play games together.

Today, following an extended period of testing from our wonderful Patrons, we’re lifting the lid on what we’ve been working on and offering early access to everyone.

What better way to get more feedback, right?

Features

DayOne utilises our Discourse instance for the XboxEra Forums to pull your account details into the application. From here, you’ll be able to track what games you’ve played as part of your Game Pass subscription, you’ll be able to rate them, wishlist them and mark them “complete”.

You’ll also be able to find threads on specific games to find people to play with, as well as general discussion around the title, all from the game detail page.

We’ve also built in Metacritic and HowLongToBeat integrations, so if you’re considering a game to play, you’ll be able to, in most instances, get a feel for what it is and how long it’ll take you to finish. You’ll also find links to XboxEra reviews, where applicable.

In addition, DayOne is able to search in real time across the entire Game Pass library so you can decide what to play next. Want something with online co-op? Couch co-op? 120 FPS support? Atmos?

You’ll be able to filter results across all these categories, as well as browse by genre. You’ll also be able to filter by collection, be it EA Play, Console, PC, Bethesda, Touch and Cloud.

More Feedback!

Following our closed test period with our wonderful Patrons, we’re opening the floodgates and letting the world play with what we’ve made. We want you to mess around with it. Do searches, try different filter combinations – does it work? Do you get any errors or unexpected behaviours? Is it fast or slow? Are we missing a trick by not including a feature you think is a no-brainer?

An XboxEra forum account is required to use the app (don’t worry, it’s free!), but the good news is, you can then use this thread to share your feedback directly to us! You’ll see we’ve already got additional features on the way, and now that we’re opening this up to the world, more careful and considered critiques should be very useful indeed!

Of course, this is just the beginning. We have a fantastic developer working with us on this, and plan to bring even more features to the table in the months ahead, and we’ll be using your feedback to understand where and on what we should focus.

As always, it’s the community that has made this possible, so a big shout out to our Patrons. You’re all INCREDIBLE.

If you’d like to support us via Patreon, you can simply click the image below.

22 Likes

This is where we show off how much we stan Game Pass, right?

Nevermind…

3 Likes

Early impressions look really good guys. Great feature.

2 Likes

I’m sharing this here since the link to the feedback thread is not working at the moment.

this is awesome. I have two early suggestions…

1. Under “console games” I didn’t see a way to sort by metacritic scores. Is that something you were planning to add? Maybe I was just looking in the wrong section for it.

2. would you guys consider Opencritic integration as well (and ability to sort by it)? At least on gamepassport, the metacritic integration has some issues. Such as:

-Halo Infinite not even showing a score, since it’s pulling the review page from the xbox one version.

-Same issue with Forza Horizon 5

-Same issue with Gears Tactics

-same issue with MLB the show

-same issues with Nobody saves the world, spelunky 2, sniper elite 5, tunic, etc.

4 Likes

Good feedback!

1 Like

Thanks for coming up with cool ideas like this for the Xbox community. I’ll try it out soon

3 Likes

Does this sync from your linked Xbox account or is this entirely manual?

For now it’s manual.

Nice work, guys. One more way for us to track our history with the service.

One thing I’d suggest is to track games that were part of Game Pass but leaved the catalog as well. I’ve played games like Thimbleweed Park and Untitled Goose Game when they were available, but can’t add them since they were removed a while back.

With some exceptions in the “played” numbers:

• 52 games played
  • 68 wishlisted
  • 2 currently playing
2 Likes

Well done, looks good. Linking the OTs is a nice feature.

Now sync Xbox and my playtime stats and achievements.

4 Likes

This sounds very cool. It’s just a little unclear to me how I get this app? :slight_smile:

I click on Day One but it just opens another window for me, not an app.

Additional search filters would be nice. Developer, publisher and if HLTB info is cached main story and completion times. Although completion times may be better sourced from somewhere like TrueAchievements.

How do you track how long you play?

Your console tracks it for almost all Xbox One games. On PC its also tracked for most games on Game Pass. This data is part of your (public) Xbox profile.

I didn’t know that… How do I see that? thanks!

I got it thanks!

Welcome new members! :slight_smile:

Awesome stuff. Will we be able to score / write user reviews?

1 Like

Yep, that will be coming. Rating games you’ve played at least.

2 Likes