We need to talk about that Square-Enix relationship with Xbox

Oh of this I had no idea, I thought it did something like 350K at launch in the US.

I have seen a lot of SE tweets for the PS5 upgrade specifically mentioning the platform. My personal expectation is that we get FF VII R dropped on the day of the Xbox summer showcase, not any earlier.

On another note, at least we got that rumored news from IGN Korea yesterday that “six or more” SE games are coming to Game Pass. That’s good news indeed - and I hope these games also include their Japanese titles previously not on Xbox. Also, Square recognized the enthusiasm around the Octopath Traveler announcement in their blog post on Xbox Wire. That makes me hopeful, too.

Square Enix don’t seem to be mentioning Octopath on Game Pass, at least on their Instagram. Weird because they won’t shut up about KH coming to EGS.

Looks like I spoke too soon.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CM5CcbOH_ja/?igshid=vp6w715xnqqf

Didn’t know it was coming to EGS as well.

SE is that snobby bitch that only pays attention to the nerd Xbox when he spends money on her. Soon as the money stops, SE stops hanging out with Xbox.

Wtf? :rofl: :rofl:

Emotions, feelings, sentiments - overwhelming!

FF7 Remake Exclusivity is up. Looks like there wont’ be an Xbox version afterall. Shame.

Its barely the 9th here and nothing is getting announced over the weekend.

It’s too early to say.

You guys need to let go, its not coming. There has not been a single insider suggesting there is an Xbox version and a nunber have suggested there isnt.

1 Like

Show me actual proof and not some made up assumptions because “insiders don’t have any info that it’s coming”. Insiders don’t get everything and that’s evident from these last weeks since nobody saw Outriders or MLB The Show coming to gamepass.

I’d more than likely caution to the wind and wait till E3 for any announcements. It’s really up to Square-Enix in the end if they will bring it to other platforms and also the timing of such.

I mean, insiders who have a good track record on Square-Enix have said the game was coming to PS5 and PC. Surely insiders aren’t always right, but there are multiple here and it ain’t looking likely.

We can ignore the signs and wait for disappointment to (potentially) be confirmed, or accept the most likely scenario now and be suprised if it comes.

1 Like

Not one single person leaked or talked about Octopath on Xbox. Noone. And then it just got announced out of nowhere

Now I know Persona has rumbles about Xbox…if that comes true there will be some precedence to that.

I believe it will come to Xbox evetually. Probably end of the gen as a bundle.

So wheres PC announcement?

I should probably be more specific. I wouldn’t be suprised of it came in a year or two. I don’t think we shoukd expect it shortly after the exclusivity is up. Getting the game at the end of the gen is kinda like not getting it in my eyes.

Well thats my thinking too. Getting all of the games at once.

And you say that…but Look at Yakuza. Granted thats Niche but so many more people played Yakuza on Xbox than PS4…and thats because they didn’t need to pay 60 dollars for it.

There are people who have 0 interest in FF7 Remake. When or if it does come to Xbox and xbox gamepass. It will do well

especialy if its remake part 1 and 2 together.

1 Like

My cousin is on the port team. Its a coming.

Much more reasonable response. This is exactly what I’ve thought since the beginning of this deal. Won’t come right after the deal ends since it seems there’s a PS5 deal going on now until June. But just watch around E3 time. FF7 is big enough that square knows it would print money no matter when they release it.

Also, keep en eye on outriders for gamepass as out of all the publishers, square seems to have been the one to take the first jump in putting a day 1 game on gamepass. And it’s looking like it’s doing really well on there.

Square could leverage gamepass games more so in the future which means we could eventually get a FF7 Remake port on gamepass. That would be a pretty sweet deal in the end for xbox gamers.

1 Like

I mean at this point ff7 remake on gamepass is a no brainer. If you port the game to Xbox an charge 60 bucks even though it’s 30 or less for ps4 now thats utterly stupid.

They tried doing that with the Kingdom Hearts collections and then they were heavily discounted and then put into game pass within like a month lol

1 Like