Watch Dogs Legion Running on XSX (With Raytracing)

yeah I can see the building is made using modular sets, very efficient to create all that complexity out of few high quality assets that are built to plug into a larger asset and still make sense. All the brick surfaces and any small bumps is all still texture information tho, cuz it’s just faster and more efficient to run it that way.

3 Likes

3 Likes

:smiley:

Yep, man this may end up on my play list over the holidays just due to checking out some raytracing and having fun taking over random characters in the world.

Absolutely mind blowing stuff, I keep watching the trailer.

I can’t even imag8ne what first party will do on the series x. Playground games…give me horizon 5 please.

5 Likes

It’s running better and looking better than on a RTX 2080 TI.

1 Like

:scream:

1 Like

Apparently, the game is not Native 4k. It is upscaled from 1440p. Welp, at least the RayTracing looks good.

Yeah, but even the high end gpus are unable to pull off native 4k with rt in this game.

Looking at the video above the SX performance is actually quite staggering compared to a 2080ti.

We just need Ms/amd to finish up their dlss equivalent and we are golden

4 Likes

Yes, Alex from DF noted that the up-scaling technique is quite good, and RTing looks great. It was just noted that it was not running in native 4k. This all sounds like an Ubisoft issue to me. They need to fix their messaging.

1 Like

Wtf fell for it too. Impressive, really impressive and it’s just the beginning.

1 Like

Welp another narrative just SHUT DOWN

1 Like

I’ve also noticed some pretty noticeable screen-tear whilst driving. It’s an odd mix of still very impressive and some poor optimizations, at least on One X.

1 Like

I really want to see AC Valhalla on SX now. If it’s like the deep dive trailer they made then wow.

Ubisoft next game will be graphically impressive I think.

Looks amazing!

1 Like

Watch dogs legion

2080ti

No wonder XSX is upscaled 4k.

Even DLSS can’t help. 35 - 50 fps for high RTX with quality DLSS.

Series X is shaping up to be great.

1 Like

Dang it, I didn’t wanted to get that game but I have to see this game on all of its glory.

3 Likes

Hmmm, not native after all? Not sure if they ever said full 4K anyway, like they did for AC Valhalla. That truly seems to be native. But if upscaling tech is this good I genuinely hope XGS considers it too. Especially if they are truly dead set on delivering 60fps.

I guess WDL on PS5 will have an even lower resolution then. Where did DF say this by the way?

On a forum called beyond3D, it was Alex

Ah yes, I know that forum.

So I guess RT is that heavy on hardware eh? Imagine what the resolution would be if they went for 60fps. Now I wonder how XGS are gonna make that happen since they aim to deliver 60fps. But I bet some of the studios are interested in RT too.