Watch Dogs Legion Running on XSX (With Raytracing)

Well, WD may not be using all of the RDNA 2 features. Ubisoft is trash at optimization so the game runs iffy on just about everything.

I’m sure XGS will use the system efficiently.

1 Like

I did think demon should was the best looking launch game but it looks like this is the best looking launch game now

Both are great but both are completely different games as well.

Linear based game with last gen mechanics vs open world game with cpu intensive heavy mechanics.

4 Likes

RT is always and will be an expensive option, if series X games are going to manage 60 fps and RT at the same time then 1440p 60fps is going to be the sweet spot in terms of visuals and optimisation.

I’d imagine Microsoft’s machine learning upscaling techniques will be used to achieve a 4k image with RT on if trying to go for such an ambitious target.

5 Likes
4 Likes

Its a dynamic res, so the lowest is 1440p and the highest is 2160p, i imagine it will average out at about 1800p

After watching that comparison video a few posts above, im super hyped even more than I was before. Hoping Microsoft ships out the X to me sooner rather than later especially since they charged me yesterday for it.

3 Likes

Dam, lots of improvements on seriesX. The colors look punchier on the seriesX, I wonder why that is? It looks great, the one x version looks washed out.

2 Likes

The biggest differences are absolutely the result of raytracing because a lot of other things look very similar. You’re right though, One X looks more washed out, too bright for a nighttime too while XSX is fine.

This at launch, I love it. Imagine actual next gen only (Ubi) games.

1 Like

Higher draw distance and more details. It’s quite the leap.

1 Like

Ah, nice!

I watched on my phone instead of the C9 TV, and I just woke up. Harder to notice then.

I was planning on testing tons of BC games on Xbox Series day, but I am actually just gonna get myself lost in WDL, take it all in.

1 Like

After that XSX vid came up from ifn a few days back, it has sold me on the game.

It looks so amazing now and I am starting to like the idea of the story. Stream numbers have plummeted though.

1 Like

beautiful!!!

3 Likes

If only the gameplay didnt suck, all the hacker crap and text everywhere (hud?) Spoils ot to me.

If only they just did a gta clone with good old traditional missions like robbing a weed farm in some yardie london flat or something, they could just copy missions and characters from guy richie movies.

1 Like

This gonna be interesting :yum:

3 Likes

Indeed, theres lots of variables. I wonder how they will balance things out? More resolution or higher quality effects?

Looks DAMN good! Makes me want to play this game even more when I pick up a Series X.

1 Like

How RT enhances over SSR

Level of Ray Tracing

VRAM utilisation - good thing for XSX, less the 10GB :grinning:

For those with PCs

Seriously, what’s wrong with dx12🤷

It is damn impressive. Wow! Man can’t even process what next-gen susprises are coming!