Wasteland 3 Review Thread |OT| 90% chance to hit

Friday is my birthday, so this sounds like a definite awesome birthday present to start playing through :star_struck:

2 Likes

Ive installed it already, ready to go. Cant fucking wait. Also im listening to the OST and its incredible.

So damn ready for this, loved Wasteland 2 and everything Iā€™ve seen/played of the Alpha demo suggests Iā€™m going to really love Wasteland 3.

Yep. I have been saying that since they were acquired by Microsoft, great things are coming from InXile and we are already seeing the fruitsā€¦

EDIT: Wrong thread. lol

If Iā€™ve never played a Wasteland game before, might I enjoy this going in fresh? Love Fallout, fwiw.

Wasteland 2 and probably 3 are EXTREMELY resource intensive (game mechanics) youā€™ll often find yourself thinking for 10 minutes if you want to trade some bullets for a bottle of water.

This is a thinking man game and sadly, the vast majority of games donā€™t like games that make you think.

1 Like

You might. The areas that mesh with Fallout is the setting. Also like Fallout Vegas, itā€™s the dynamic ways in which you interact with the characters can change how the storylines play out. In terms of gameplay, itā€™s a bit more like Xcom except a little more accessible.

2 Likes

Looking to be a dark horse sleeper hit.

Might have to renew my gamepass, are there any Ā£1 deals still working? Does the transfering xbl gold to ultimate still work?

Iā€™ve not played a Wasteland game before Iā€™m willing to check this out. I feel this will be a good game to stream.

1 Like

Could be fun streaming and having the chat make decisions for your playthrough. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Great reviews so far! Awesome job inxile

1 Like

I donā€™t think iā€™ve played a game like this before. Iā€™m excited to try this out! :smiley:

2 Likes

Sorry, I meant game streaming to my laptop haha! Iā€™ve never streamed to a group of people in my life.

1 Like

Oh wow holy shit was NOT expecting the scores to be this good. Absolutely stellar work by InXile team. I was a massive fan of XCOM, Divinity OS2 and the original Fallout games so this feels like its going to hit the spot very nicely.

I always knew Brian Fargo + MS was a dream combination. That AAA RPG sure is feeling good coming off this game now.

2 Likes

For me it is a better fallout than fallout from Bethesda lol.

I think you could really like it. For me this game has infested my mind. Too much fun to play, the world is amazing. The world building, the characters, the writing, the voice acting, the humor, sometimes it is hilariousā€¦all top notch!

Will play soon in coop with a friend to see how it goes

1 Like

Yep it is also really tactical in combat in higher difficulty with friendly fire, you have to think twice and make your moves carefully or youā€™re dead. Thatā€™s what I love.

@TavishHill

Take a look at this great review and the headline is right on point.

ā€œinXileā€™s old-school RPG is the Fallout game weā€™ve been craving.ā€

I canā€™t disagree with that statement.

1 Like

Game is utterly fantastic, I love it. Itā€™s obvious it was born as a kickstarter project, but the voice acting is top notch and you can really tell where they got a boost from being 1P.

Folks, this team is going to do wonders in their next project. Damn the writing is steller here, itā€™s RPG gold imo.

2 Likes

Well itā€™s made from the creator of Fallout after all :stuck_out_tongue:

Great scores! Have always said watch out for inXile and Compulsion Games, they are real darkhorses.

Lol Yep and it shows. Imagine a big 3rd person rpg from them man it would be amazing. The possibilities in the game are crazy. Lots of intertwined systems interacting between each others.

I remember Sponger saying great things about InXile next project.

Game now has an 87 on OC and a 100% reviewer recommendation :ok_hand:

MS Struck gold with InXile

4 Likes