Wasteland 3 Review Thread |OT| 90% chance to hit

Well deserved. Awesome game. They just need to iron out the bugs and glitches.

1 Like

Finished

Amazing game but they REALLY need to fix that FPS, it takes in HQ lol

Hope they continue the series, this, Gears Tactics and Pillars can make Microsoft and tactical strategy and cRPG power house

1 Like

How is Gears Tactic? Did you finish it?

Gotta go back to it. Still on act 1, didnā€™t get to the Brumak fight yet

So many games, I may have to put it off until next year. Right now Iā€™m playing Bards Tale 4 which is InXileā€™s other notable game aside Wasteland.

Iā€™m keeping Gears Tactics for when it comes on XSX that is why I asked you how it was.

Will you make another run with another build in W3? How many hours did you pour in? Is there a counter where we can see the time on console?

Gears Tactics is great, although its a lot more action oriented and less complicated than something like XCOM, but for Splash and Coalitions first attempt they really did a kick ass job

I might re-visit Wasteland 3 in a few years after a directors cut comes out but thatā€™ll be years from now if ever again. InXile made one for WL2 and for Bards Tale 4. Iā€™d say I did a majority of the side quest but Iā€™m not gonna lie I used a lot of cheesing tactics and farming money in Wasteland 3 so I was able to always have the best armor and weapons and ammo was never an issue.

The thing is its hard for me to revist games with all the stuff coming out now these days so if I ever did do another Wasteland 3 playthrough itā€™ll be several years from now if I even decide to lol

1 Like

Itā€™s shame Wasteland 3 isnā€™t play anywhere, I would have loved to revisit the game later after I complete it and get the other achievements. Either that or they do mouse and keyboard support for the Series X!!

1 Like

Been saying they were the sleeper aquisition and dark horse to be the breakout studio of next gen since late 2018. Fargo and Co have talent. They just didnā€™t have budget.

If WL3 didnā€™t have as many bugs, it would be over a 90 MC easily. InXile needs some technical assistance. Otherwise that studio is great.

2 Likes

Is the story good? Does it draw you in? I loved the main stories in fallout 3 + 4

Oh yes it is really good, even the sub stories and quests the game is really well made. Voice acting is top tier quality. I love this game.

Its a great story but I think the game really shines with its characters and most of all its world building. Its a very dark and disturbing world.

It also really shines with out how choices affect the world. This is one of the few RPGā€™s Iā€™ve played since the Dragon Age Origins where even more minor choices have a big impact on the game. Every choice Iā€™ve had to make in the game had me stop and think for a good 5-10 minutes to really decide what I wanted to do

I will say also, I donā€™t think the game is as long as some RPGā€™s. The world isnā€™t as big but I think the game is designed for multiple playthroughs rather then something like Witcher 3 which isnā€™t really made in mind for having multiple playthroughs (although you can play through it multiple times the impact of the choices is nothing compared to Wastelands and other RPGā€™s)

1 Like

Yes indeed the technical is what block them a little. I did have more bugs and had to circumvent some myself unfortunately. Give them technical assistance and expertise with more budget and manpower ressources and they can bring you a banger. They are MS trump card for me, the dark horse.

Donā€™t sleep on them, I think they will come on top. Fargo team is incredibly talented.

Looking forward to seeing there work on UE5.

Guys, I havenā€™t been this engrossed in a game for years. InXile have a unpolished gem here, just really frustrating how many bugs the Xbox version has.

For example Medical Marvel Quirk, the dude doesnā€™t get up from combat sometimes and I have to use a Nitro Spike to revive him. I thought the Quirk only affected COMBAT only?

Yep lots of bugs unfortunately. I had one big bug I solved myself in the underground of the Bizarre a alternate path is blocked by an invisible wall. In fact it seems to be the hitbox of an azote carboy just near. You have to destroy it, the bug will disappear and you can pass.

If anyone is struggling with money/resources get that barter perk where you can gain exponentially more money from junk. Once I did that and bulk sold all my junk at once, I jumped from $1K to 8K money. Ammo is no longer a concern. Itā€™s almost like a cheat the perk is so OP.

1 Like

for some reason i cant find the garage north of the bizzare. i went to the clown meuseum, both homesteads and all over that general area before radiated areas. -_-

edit: nvm i guess they meant the road outside the bizzare and not in the world. im dumb

Also if youā€™re struggling, check out this channel, has a lot of great character builds for WL3

Donā€™t feel bad, it took me a long time to figure that one out too.

1 Like

This game is wild. Haha never really played a game within this much depth on your choices and how it affects the game!

1 Like