Wasteland 3 |OT| In Reagan's name!

I’m not entirely sure but I’ve heard its going to be patched in.

If you’re having issues, I would probably hold off playing for a week or so and wait for the first patch, Brian said they’re working on it.

I have a decent gaming laptop (just has a 1650) that I got solely for Wow and RTS games and I’m glad that Wasteland 3 isn’t too intensive but man it has a few issues here and there. I think a PC patch is coming soon as well. There have been a few times where the game was struggling so I think I may hold off and come back to it later if things don’t pick up after the first patch.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer yes I would love to entirely customize my interface on X1X also would need also a text log to track down all the dialogs I got. Didn’t see it anywhere.

Also got few freezes today. Just small nitpickes here and there but would be so better if they fix them.

Frankly…It’s hard to stop playing because it is so addictive lol

Do you know the nature of the patch and how big it is?

Thanks for your answer again!

If you have a reddit account hit up

https://www.reddit.com/user/Mattonomicon/

He’s the InXile community manager and is super active on the Wasteland subreddit

1 Like

Thanks a lot. Will try to reach him!

I’m in Lucia mansion right now…

@zedox can you say if there is 1 or multiple InXile devs here on this forum?

I don’t think we do. You can invite him here, that be great. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah it really caught me off guard. I assumed that adding all this voice acting late in the cycle for a game that isn’t regarded AAA in production values with a ton of dialog would mean a lot of mailing it in voice work. Hasn’t been the case at all. Voice acting has greatly exceeded my expectations.

1 Like

The Voice acting is top tier better than most AAA even. I think it’s one of the really defining aspects of the game.

The game is just bursting with goodness despite the age of the Unity engine showing itself. Just thinking what these guys can do with a real budget now makes me very, very excited. I honestly think InXile is MS best purchase after playing this game.

Its been a long time since I’ve wanted to do ‘just one more’ mission.

3 Likes

Thanks! Oh yeah would be appreciated!

Same as you it is insane how the game is good. I wouldn’t mind a next gen Wasteland but in 1st/3rd person rpg UE5. The choices are really hard to make sometimes and it’s what it is good coz you have so much opportunities and branching paths.

It shows MS money on the ultra top tier VA. Agree it is far better even than a lot big AAA games by far & yeah I think too it is MS best deal in a decade. They just need to take care of them and give them whatever they need. InXile will probably be the big RPG powerhouse if their cards are played right. Excited for the future!

Good grief Santa is no joke! My squad just got absolutely butchered by him and his “elves”.

Liberty Buchanan is truly badass. Love her chara design and voice acting. I’m still playing like a drug addict can’t stop!

Just the idea to have a full blown next gen wasteland 3rd person ARPG during a nuclear winter crossing my mind is exciting. Don’t know what is their next game but really impatient.

Spoiler about Liberty Buchanan encounter

You found her before Denver? That moment was so good, she is great and so badass! One of my favorite character so far, can’t wait to see more her

On another subject, The Bizarre has all kinds of good shit! I’m gonna be so broke, lol.

Yes to you spoiler question and loved that encounter how it was staged and all.

Yeah the bizarre is funny. I’m actually in Denver now laughing hard wtf is this town haha

Man I can’t remember the last time I played a game where I frequently stopped to listen to the sound track

1 Like

LOL, I just now noticed the pun. “Bizarre” is a play on the word “Bazaar”. Very clever.

Exploring the Bizarre Wardens has been so fun. Can’t wait to find what’s down here. The Payazos are brutal, combat has been tough as nails, I’m loving it.

3 Likes

I’d say I’m in at least the second half of the main story, I’ve noticed that there are a ton of new different type of enemies, enemies that cause status effects like poison, a lot have more health. I’m at a point where I have plenty of ammo and resources but holy crap this game really makes you think strategically.

Basically I send in my sniper character who has high sneak to survey an area, after I run into a group of enemies I make sure to strategically place my party around the area. Example I put my hacker character by the turrets so he can EMP them and cause them to glitch and attack enemies. Also have my character use animal tamer to turn hostile animals against my enemies. Turrets and animals make great tanks. Also can’t stress enough how useful decoys and portable turrets have been.

Also recommend getting the deep pockets perk for each character asap, the ability to carry an extra item will save you a lot of headache.

1 Like

Also remember to mod your weapons and armor when you can, it really will give you that extra edge

Spoiler

I’m currently chasing Vic and I had a to fight a BUNCH of guys that had poison, also Federico who’s a boss that has over 1000 HP (my guys around level 18) the extra accuracy and hit rating comes in handing, also the precision hits that I used on certain enemies have a 33% chance to blow up their tanks and insta-kill them, I find this worth it. Its high risk but high reward

Also a bit later in the game you run into more robots, its a good idea to have at least one character in your party suited to fighting robots ei EMP’s, hacking, plasma weapons. Hacking robots is a Godsend. Also that same character should have the “nerd perk” to be able to hack computers.

I do notice that they’re pretty generous with skill points in this game, at this point I have a character for each locking picking, first air, weird science, nerd, mechanics etc just missing a character for toaster repair.

I’m loving the game but why the hell does the Ranger’s HQ runs at like 20 fps everytime I visit it? I’m on XB1X.

I’m on a decent gaming laptop and it tanks at HQ also. I’m considering holding off playing until the patch comes out

Also

The Lancer is in the game lmao

1 Like

Wow that is great! Need to find that weapon!