VGC: Konami set to revive Metal Gear, Castlevania and Silent Hill

MS and making moves like this ? lmfao no . If MS buys both KojiPro and Konami , even then they would not do something like this . “creative freedom” or something like that .

MLB says hi. :wink:

I think my current theory right now, until I hear more from Grubb, is that Sony swept in to pay off Kojima and steal the project from MS’s hands at the last minute, hence the ‘timing issue’ wrt Konami’s E3 presence. Maybe once Sony heard about a potential Silent Hills Kojima Xbox announcement on an E3 stage they panicked and pulled out the stops and called in all favors required to reel Kojima back in. Or maybe Gematsu’s source is wrong/lying.

That is about the only thing I can imagine that would line up with all rumors on offer here. Hopefully Grubb can let us know if his Kojima+MS thing is still a for sure thing or not. If it is, I can’t see Kojima doing two horror games for two diff platforms as exclusives at the same time.

The thing is, Kojima’s game with Xbox purportedly is cloud-based, so without xCloud it could not run on PS5 consoles anyhow.

Kojima had been talking up cloud based horror game as his next project after DS for a while. He even directly pointed to Stadia in one interview for something he was intrigued by or something to that effect, and we know that was the project MS was trying to nail down.

1 Like

If MS+Kojima =Silent Hill is real then I will shave my hair that I’ve been growing for 2 years .

You know what , I’ll do MS a solid . I’ll shave my hair if MS gives Fallout to obsidian .

1 Like

But Bloober just released a teaser video for a new Layers of Fear on UE5.

This! If he’s indeed making something for Xbox I hope he’s all in.

Also Grubb said he didn’t believe Sony wanted to work with Kojima again unless it was Metal Gear. No more weird stuff. But that’s just his thoughts on it. Grubb also is truly the only one who keeps saying Xbox and Kojima. But since he has a damn good track record we can’t just brush it off.

What alot of people here including me always feared . Sony is going to steal the thunder again .

KojiPro has less than 70 employees according to LinkedIn. It doesn’t sound feasible for the studio to juggle two big projects.

Oh I know . I dont think Kojima Silent Hill will be in active development for a while . Sony will announce it anyway so that Kojima + MS news does not move the needle .

probably sony japan will help kojiPro, also xcloud game could be episodic game

What does that mean, a non compete? And letter of intent means it’s still happening then? Honestly this goes beyond me a little.

it basically means that Kojima can make deals with anyone while he is working for MS game , which is quite stupid of MS to let him do that .

hmmm i think Sony got the better deal here if it’s indeed SH

No doubt .

1 Like

Hmm I see.

I don’t know how these things work, but it’s probably never a good idea if one tries to mandate what they can and can’t do. On the other hand this means the Xbox game won’t have the full attention of the studio, they have only so many people.

Hope it won’t be a repeat of Platinum Games, although it was only a rumor that resources were spent on other games instead of Scalebound.

i think xbox is smaller game here, how big is that xcloud game or in general how big was that canceled stadia game ?

It seems clear that whatever he got going on for Xbox is very early, since the only rumor we got is that it’s for cloud. SH is likely much further along.

What surprises me a little is that Grubb says it makes sense. He was the one that said he thought Sony doesn’t want to work with Kojima again unless it was Metal Gear. Seems Grubb didn’t really get much about SH from his sources.

I have no idea. I think it was said to be episodic. But we know so very little.

Also interesting that Kojima and Konami are good again.

hmm i think kojima want to complete that PT(SH Game), he seems to like his vision on SH back then before konami brought the hammer on project

if it’s episodic then yeah it’s smaller scope game

Money lol

That’s assuming it’s still happening too. Grubb isn’t answering those questions on Twitter. But man folks are shitting on him though, pathetic.

Sounds to me that this project has been in the works for a while now, Grubb just not hearing anything about it. This was probably in the works before Xbox approached Kojima I would guess.

But again, the…divorce of Kojima and Konami wasn’t exactly great, but now they are ok again. Hmmmm.