VGC: Konami set to revive Metal Gear, Castlevania and Silent Hill

So the rumor was

Sony exclusive Silent Hill game by Sony for PS5 → Sony Japan closes → Japanese Silent Game under dev but not by Kojima → Bloober is making Silent Hill → Multiple Silent Hill games in dev → Actually now it is Kojima and it’s funded by Sony.

The reads like a feedback loop.

5 Likes

Here we go again

1 Like

New rumors with Kojima making Silent Hill? Blue Box scam wasn’t enough?

Here We Go Again GIF

2 Likes

Just because I believe it doesn’t make it true. If I have to choose between Death Stranding 2 or Silent Hill from Kojima though, im taking Silent Hill every time because I would be interested in playing it. I have zero interest in Death Stranding.

If Silent Hill is a thing, I want it to be a PSVR2 game lol

1 Like

Obviously Blue Box is the right answer to this enigma.

Maybe this current set of rumours is true but it almost feels folks are almost desperate to will this into existence :joy: Sony/a first party publisher paying to license a third party IP like Silent Hill is quite a unique situation… Sure it has its fans but I’m surprised they wouldn’t just put their full weight and hype behind a “new exclusive IP from creator of Metal Gear Solid”. I could be wrong but is the Silent Hill franchise really that popular or are Sony worried a new horror IP wouldn’t sell in its own right??

3 Likes

How many articles have we read about them doing this. I’ll trust a trailer or their actual spokespeople, but until then I’ve had enough of these continued “reports” .

This isnt a speculation article saying nonsense using Sony studios for it.

The only reason you have heard silent hill over the past 7 years is more due to Kojima and Sony funding it than actual interest in the IP.

I’ve watched VGC get tons of stories wrong, they don’t source it. I’m not trusting their word.

The rumor about Sony funding Silent Hill with Kojima comes from Gematsu. Not sure how reliable they are. GI.biz is super reliable and they would not report on the VGC stuff unless they felt it was legit. Andy Robinson from VGC has a good record too. So that part I do think it likely true. I do think personally that it seems hard to imagine Kojima doing a deal with Xbox for a horror game while also doing a Silent Hill game for Sony simultaneously. Not only is that hard to believe creatively, it is hard to imagine logistically too. Either Gemetsu or Grubb is wrong on this I think. Worth noting though that Konami explicitly denied the Kojima+Sony=Silent Hill rumor last year.

Bloober is making a Silent Hill game. That is almost fully confirmed at this point imho. I also would not be shocked if MS is actually funding a KojiPro SH game. I’d believe that over Sony funding it as of now given what we heard about Kojima making a novel horror game for Xbox. The rumors were def bullshit though. You can also add the MGS rumors to that string of nonsense too. Part of me wonders if this isn’t sourced to some Sony fanboy who got upset that the MGS Bluepoint remake got debunked yesterday.

1 Like

A lot can change in a year.

No, not rly.

“We’re aware of all the rumors and reports but can confirm that they are not true. I know it’s not the answer your fans may want to hear. It’s not to say we are completely closing the door on the franchise, just not in the way it is being reported.”

That was from 2020. If those rumors ever had any teeth to them, Konami would not bother commenting like that. Also notable that Andy Robinson said explicitly it was not Kojima too. Willing to trust the guy who def had the scoop on this back in February + Konami over unnamed sources talking to Gematsu. Note too that Gemetsu is just noting what they ‘heard from a publishing source’ and not citing anything concrete for the Kojima part at all.

Lastly, I would also remind ya that Sony was not even at E3 in any official capacity, yet Konami was supposed to be and then backed out last minute due to ‘timing issues’. No way they would have planned to announce this separate from Sony were it funded by them.

1 Like

We’ll see. Gematsu doesn’t do clickbait and sticks to just the news for their articles so them saying that the game is by Kojima and funded by Sony, they must have a good source or two because otherwise, I doubt that they would mention it as I have followed them for around two years and I don’t remember even a single rumor about anything coming from them.

They said it is a single source, ‘a publishing source’ and simply say they heard it was Kojima from said source. Also, see other points in my EDIT from previous reply. :slight_smile:

Death stranding is a bore fest. Kojima would do well with an established genre type. Neve give him freedom with a big budget again.

And Sony are being ultra aggressive this gen. They’ll try and bribe and get timed exclusives for anything and everything. Ms need to put their foot down and show Sony who is boss.

1 Like

hmmm i wouldn’t be surprised if sony got one of three as full exclusive or timed, also that wouldn’t be good idea to force your studio on konami IPs unless tango is interested

isn’t rumor talked about a game made for xcloud and not horror ? i mean we didn’t get any info on the game beside it’s made for xcloud