Update: Forza Horizon 5 hits 18 Million Players in 3 months

I think it being FTP is the key. Forza Horizon 5 isn’t, while Halo MP is, and that is going to be hit hard in the marketing.

There is really no barrier to anyone with a PC or an Xbox console from giving it a go to see if they like it – as Game Pass subs do with all games, but in this case you don’t even need XBL Gold. No barriers.

We’ll see I guess, I just think it could do very, very well.

Crossed 6 mil this morning. Stellar game. Wonder if it hits 7 or 8 mil over the weekend.

4 Likes

Yeah I think it will just about hit 8 million by Monday morning. Crazy to think that 5 million have played it in last 2 days.

3 Likes

It is over 6 now, so it gained 1mil in a day. Might hit 10mil players in its first couple weeks! :o

1 Like

It really is crazy. By Sunday it might be 8 millions.

1 Like

I expect the rate this weekend will pickup quite a bit (not as fast as day 1, but faster than any other days). I’m guessing 9 mill by end of the weekend.

That’s true, but if it’s the case, maybe the game could achieve something crazy : 10 millions by november 16 :sunglasses:

7 million.

I think first week will be 8.5M or 9M.

5 Likes

Game has been out for a week if we include early access and hit 7m which is amazing, now if you just count the actual release that’s even crazier. 8-9m is fair I think, amazing numbers for any game really.

FH4 trajectory :

• Launch week - 2 million
  • January 2019 - 7 million
  • June 2019 - 10 million
  • August 2019 - 12 million
  • November 2020 - 24 million total players
  • (Steam release March 2021)
3 Likes

FH4 took nearly a year to hit 12 million

FH5 might do that in just a few weeks

8 Likes

Insane!

2 Likes

And this is why - there won’t be any Halo surprise drops, despite good arguments saying that they won’t step on each other.

I am sure they want FH5 to steamroll as much as possible. If FH5 hits 10M, it would be Rockstar level engagement numbers.

8 Likes

By few you mean 2? Full launch weeks.

This is really awesome for PGs. They deserved this recognition for FH3 and FH4. They are now the premier car game developer. For MS to entrust them to set up a second team and do an open world RPG is a massive show of faith.

Turn 10 also put some work into this game, and I think Forza MS is going to blow minds. I expect it to blow away every other game with realism. New engine, ray Tracing, and the extra time taken is going to result in something more than just another evolutionary increase in fidelity.

6 Likes

8 million.

13 Likes

Well deserved.

2 Likes

10 million mark:

• FH5: 1 week
  • FH4: 8 to 9 months
  • FH3: 2 years
11 Likes

Halo didn’t seem to hurt H5 that much.

1 Like

I remember people saying that Xbox couldn’t launch Halo early because it’ll hurt Forza lol