Update: Forza Horizon 5 hits 18 Million Players in 3 months

Did for me a tad, lol. But that’s because I’m juggling a full time job and grad school and so I only have time for one, and given my average Forza play session is one hour, I gravitate to short Halo matches.

2 Likes

incredible achievement. Congrats Playground Games and Turn 10 :+1:

Retail sales about 3 million?

man if they go with japan settings next game they will break records

1 Like

Yes Japan is the most requested location nobody was asking for Mexico yet still they did over 10 million player in the 1st week if Japan is next than wow it will be out of this world numbers

1 Like

Japan would require a lot more city/street density in the map IMO which will be rather unprecedented for a Horizon game, so it’ll be interesting to see how they’ll pull it off if they do, but the first fully current gen Horizon having Japan would be absolutely mindblowing.

My own opinion is that they will do an ‘Asia’ map instead of just Japan, so they can have that mix of nature and city environments with China’s nature featuring heavily. Much like the UK map from FH4 instead of it being England.

1 Like

I think you make Tokyo as the big urban area in the corner somewhat and the rest as more rural, so there is a big contrast. Japan would be a lot more vertical though considering the country itself is quite mountainous.

1 Like

They could but I think that has risk of not being received well. Asian countries despite their physical similarities are vastly different culturally and geographically and sadly some still have animosities against each other, so being lumped together seems risky for MS compared to the UK of FH5. It would also add to the existing stigma that the West sees Asia as some monolithic entity. Also possible that maybe I’m overthinking lol.

2 Likes

Basically an NFS Carbon successor then lol. I’d be down for that :fire:

I have never played it, so I will have to take your word lol.

NFS UG-Carbon was like the golden age of arcade racing, just back to back bangers from Black Box. Carbon was shorter than the previous games like MW or UG2, but it had its own unique vibe (whilst MW was completely day, Carbon was completely night) and the canyon races are still some of the most nail biting experiences you can have. Do try it sometime.

1 Like

Forza: Underground 2 when?

Great to see the success of Playground and the Forza franchise.

1 Like

this may overtake psychonauts 2 as my goty and i dont care for racing games. for the future titles they should just name it forza(location) instead of numbers.

2 Likes
8 Likes

dammm.im in the bottom 1 percent. I just like ploughing through the cactuses too much…lol seriously very awesome game i’m lousy at racrrs but i son one last night and got a second plce. Best fun i have is finding new designs for my cars. Cause my age and disability its harde for me but the fun and good sceerary make up for it forza 4 was my first the scenary just didnt excite me but the cars did…only thing my eyes not what use to be and have to limit play time.

4 Likes

So, I was doing the “Super 7” and on the 6th challenge the game went to the black loading screen for 4 minutes. When the challenge finally started there was no world. Just my car , the skybox and a racing line. I tried to complete the challenge anyway but kept running into invisible walls. When I tried to quit to go back to the map, the game took me to the loading screen again and after 5 minutes I decided to close the game, quit and relaunch.

When I got back in I went to the Super 7 again and found out nothing I just did counted. FUN! :+1:

This was supposed to go in the other thread btw. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

12 Million.

10 Likes

FYI, the actual player count is more then what’s shown on leader board

3 Likes

How is that?