Ubisoft to reveal a new game in the Tom Clancy's universe tomorrow

My goodness. Ubisoft should stop trying to get their Fortnite because it’s not going to happen. Ubisoft is great at certain things but this type of game isn’t one of them. Ubisoft should just stick to what they’re great at and let others do this shit. But whatever.

2 Likes

You looked at that and saw Fortnite, huh?

Confused Married With Children GIF

1 Like

Fortnite in terms of Ubisoft trying to get a free to play game that’s a massive success like Fortnite. And props for the gif of my all time favorite comedy - Married With Children. :joy:

1 Like

I took it as Fortnite = cashcow. Just replace Fortnite by cashcow. Waiting on peter for confirmation.

Ubi saw the light with RB6 Siege, but it’s not something you can reproduce easily. It was basically “serendipity” as a game.

Such a garbage… :man_facepalming:

Tom Clancy’s „game” with nothing related to Tom Clancy which is falling over in the grave so many times now. Thanks to Ubisoft.

I’ve got nothin against the game’s genre since I’m really into multiplayer games, and I will give this a go since it is F2P, but I’m not a fan of the overall style for what is supposed to be a mix of Tom Clancy’s games. Too bright, too colorful.

I don’t know where did you see Fortnite here.

It’s much closer to Call of Duty. Mostly to Black Ops. And that’s nothing surprising. Mark Rubin, executive producer, worked 10 years at Infinity Ward.

Fortnite is a cashcow and that’s what I meant when I said Fortnite in regards to this game.

Ubisoft is trying to get their own cashcow which is exactly what Fortnite is.

1 Like

Gamers: “Developers should be free to make their own games”

-Ubi makes a unique game for them

Gamers: “NO NOT THAT ONE”

I mean, I’ll try it, but devs are free to make bad games and we are free to give our feedback.

The game may be good in the end, but when you’re announcing a F2P MP game it has to get people excited right out of the gate. It’s not really making waves at the moment, but we’ll see.

No Im sure the game is making waves in the Ubisoft crowd and casuals. Ubisoft gets more hate online that you would think they dont sell games because nobody ever buys them.

1 Like

Yeah, maybe you’re right. But I don’t think people are harsh on the game. Myself, I just feel like there’s nothing really impressive or eye catching in that game. Even RB6 Siege had that tactical destruction that felt new and interesting at the time.

I mean, Tom Clancy was a conservative white male novelist into celebrating patriotism, government power, and the military industrial complex. If that doesn’t scream PUNK, I don’t know what does!

2 Likes

I dont love “Clancy” after all he was a right wing nutjob who blamed 9/11 on left wing politicians and Ubisoft can never manage the political ramifications of adapting his work with any nuance (Tom Clancy wasn’t political! /s) If he were still alive I’ve no doubt he’d be saying Jan 6th didn’t happen.

Having said that and despite myself I have been able to set this aside a little and I have enjoyed previous games like the division, mechanically and as a “Destiny like” social game with friends.

I don’t know though who would be targeted by the theme of the game though, Clancy was most certainly not punk, given punks Anti establishment themes (Watch Ubisoft say Punk isn’t political next), and punks or “right on” activists who may enjoy a sticking to the establishment would hate that its Tom Clancy. If I were a Clancy fan this kind of theme fusion would piss me off I think.

But I think aside from those aspects I just really, really, really, really, really, really hate Ubisoft since its a company ran by scumbags whose creative bankruptcy matches their moral bankruptcy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They should make Siege and For Honor F2P.

What an incredible success! Way more dislikes than likes and only 92k views in 14 hours. I can feel the hype already!

1 Like

I mean, in this case, it’s partly understandable. If it were people hatin on Assassin’s Creed I’d agree cuz no matter how much people cry, AC is more successful now than it ever was in its “golden age”.

Just going by how Hyper Scape performed, people are wary of Ubisoft’s commitment to the F2P model.

Also, @Blast_The_Bass got it right.

https://twitter.com/Blast_the_Bass/status/1417201447758876675

3 Likes

yep to both.

Also lest we forget Ubisoft is ran by disgusting leaders who protect sexual predators in order to keep their “strip joint boys club” running.

So in this case let them eat “hate”

(not that I even think the mocking, eye rolling, agape mouthed surprise the majority are responding with qualifies as “hate”)

FuumsVNs6KFTcQ4Q5lnk4oMu8gM=

2 Likes

Unisoft are a joke these days.

What the FUCK happened to sands of time remaster??? I’m looking forward to a ubisoft game that isn’t a generic open world game these days. Even if it’s nearly 20 years old.

1 Like

If you could google you would know the game got delayed for polish and extra development time.

1 Like