Ubisoft to reveal a new game in the Tom Clancy's universe tomorrow

XDefiant is such a Boomer title

2 Likes

You are absolutely right. Look:

• Beyond Good and Evil 2 is in development hell

• Skull & Bones is in development hell

• Watch Dogs Legion flopped and the franchise is most probably dead

• Immortals Fenyx Rising flopped and I don’t expect a sequel anytime soon, you can buy it for 20 bucks already

• Prince of Persia Remake looks like shit and has been indefinitely delayed

• Roller Champions is gonna flop hard

• Hyper Scape is easily the biggest flop in the industry since Lawbreakers

• They literally lost money in 2019 because The Division 2 and Ghost Recon Breakpoint both flopped, they had to sell The Division 2 for 3 dollars to have some players

• Riders Republic is going to flop like Steep, especially since it launches a week before Forza Horizon 5 (which is dumb)

• Rainbow Six Extraction looks like shit and is going to flop

• Tom Clancy’s XDefiant is going to flop hard and is already been received with hostility and apathy

• They have a huge sexual abuse scandal and some law firms are already suing them for covering it up

1 Like

Bullshit. It’s a remaster of an old game they were prepared to release back in January. My guess is it’s not polish. They’re probably redoing the entire game as a remake. They knew it looked bad and couldn’t get away with a cheap HD port.

And they delayed it because the game looked rough even with the art style it had in its remake. Thats it and There is no conspiracy.

I want this game just as badly, but we all know how game development is. Especially when the game is being made by such a small studio.

I believe it’s coming from Ubisoft Mumbai (in India) and I’m okay with giving them as much time as they need. I’ve been wanting to see even more variety in game developers for a while now, so I hope that whenever Sands of Time is ready for release, it has as few problems as possible.

2 Likes

Please don’t bring politics here to this gaming forum.

HA! :smiley:

5 Likes

Bruh India kinda got/getting boned by covid… The people there have bigger priorities than working on the game so you can play it sooner. Let them take their time

Ryan Mccafrey sums it up real nicely. This is not what a Tom Clancy game should be.

Ubisofts games are just products now without any creative or artistic angle to it. And that is a big problem.

I can’t believe no one at Ubisoft stepped in and said we shouldn’t do it this way.

Really sad to see.

I knew I was right that everyone is making too big a deal out of this. McCafrey having the opposite opinion pretty much confirms it

Now watch this game end up being pretty good for what it is and surpassing everyone’s expecations for how popular it becomes, among multiplayer FPS fans

3 Likes

Ubisoft makes more than just AC or Rainbow 6. If you haven’t already played it, I urge you to try Immortals. Yes the name sucks, but no the game itself doesn’t. It was a breath of fresh air (and yes, pun intended) for me and it especially worked as a smaller open world. These days I open up the map in a modern open world game and nope out right away when I see the size of it.

But I could talk about this game for ages. If you think Ubisoft has lost all their creativity, then maybe try this game first.

I really like Immortals but tbh it is AC Odyssey gameplay re purposed for that game which isn’t a bad thing, But I think creatively Ubisoft did that game because they knew they had a good foundation with the Combat because it was tried and tested in Odyssey.

My point is even when Ubisoft do a new IP they use a big mechanic from another game. Skull and Bones the last time we saw gameplay of it anyway pretty much was AC black flag ship gameplay.

I want to see something new. Find that new gameplay mechanic which could be amazing instead of relying too much on previous entries

I found Immortals and Watch Dogs Legion to be better games than Valhalla tbh.

2 Likes