Ubisoft to reveal a new game in the Tom Clancy's universe tomorrow

Here’s our Splinter Cell :skull:

3 Likes

A pop-punk aesthetic matched with government-sanctioned assassin squads… just so dumb. It’s like how Tracer in Overwatch is this “lovable goofball” that shouts WEEE as she’s literally murdering you with dual SMG’s.

3 Likes

Yeah, I personally didn’t like the style at all.

1 Like

I like Sunset Overdrive as much as the next guy, but this aesthetic just feels like a such a fundamental misread of what anyone wants or likes about the Tom Clancy brand…

But they gave Watch Dogs this same makeover, now Tom Clancy… I guess next up is the neon pink X-treeeeme Assassin’s Creed rebranding. Can’t wait.

2 Likes

“You ever get that feeling of Deja Vu?”

1 Like

What the hell is this crap? Who wants this or anything like it?

:nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

4 Likes

Ever get that feeling of a wave of bullets tearing through your chest cavity? tee hee!

Me every time Tracer says the exact same thing every 2 seconds whilst teleporting faster than Nightcrawler from X-Men

spongebob squarepants GIF

1 Like

I’m actually interested in this game. I don’t quite know what kind of game it is though. I don’t really understand the goals of a player.

Alright I have to point something out here I’ve been noticing

When a new game is revealed and it’s say, an open world RPG, an RTS, a rogue like, a platformer, a twin stick shooter, a metroid-vania style side scroller, a souls-like, a zelda-like. turn based rpg and so on, people get excited, cheer, indicate interest, or at worst, say nothing, All while all of those genres have a zillion similar iterations

But when it’s a competitive FPS it’s met with massive levels of mockery, disdain, even disgust. Despite the fact that there’s nowhere near as many of those. Especially these days

I find it to be blatantly unfair and thoroughly hypocritical. I mean if it’s not your cup of tea, fine. But why make such a thing of it

2 Likes

I hate the aesthetic but as a game it might be ok? Seems like a weird thing but it’s f2p so I’ll probably give it a go. I just really, really, really, really, really, really hate the style.

2 Likes

I miss the good ol days where Tom Clancy’s name was used for stuff like Advanced war fighter and Rainbow Six Vegas.

I’m expecting Ubisoft to do Tom Clancy’s Rabbids next

Same here, my disgust have nothing to do with it being a competitive fps. It looks horrible, and they slammed Tom Clancy on that? Wtf. It’s this sleezy commercial look with down-with-the-kids vibes… it’s just wrong.

2 Likes

I get the sense most people aren’t talking about how this particular game of it’s genre looks, but the fact that it is of that genre

Especially on twitter and youtube. Holy shit, what a bunch of rabid parroting assholes. “I hate it” “Well I hate it more” Oh yeah well I hate it more than THAT guy…notice me"

Oh yeah, that’s just getting cheap clicks by following the social media trends. Parasites like always.

1 Like

Yeah, that I don’t understand. There’s nothing wrong with it being a competitive fps. Those people are just the usual morons.

LMAO.

This Reminds me of that other F2P game they did, hyper scale or something. This will flop as well. Just a hunch.

Little more context of what the game is

Need to see more, but I’m not going to outright dismiss it

1 Like

Off the fact that this isnt a BR Id give this more of a shot of living.

It looks decent. I’m moderately optimistic, but what does this game bring to the table when you have…Halo Infinite MP F2P as an option that do so much more and better coming soon ? Ubi is chasing that F2P MP money, but you have to dream bigger for that !! 6 v 6 is not impressive at all right now.

1 Like