Ubisoft+ coming to Xbox in the future

Yeah for example Biomutant is on EA Play Pro. And a lot of indies too, like Dead Cells, Frostpunk, the Surge games, etc that might also be on Gamepass at some points in time. Maybe EA can create another mid tier that doesn’t include any third parties at a cheaper price, not sure if that’s in the plans but that could make it easier for it to come to console. But I think they’re currently doing just fine with the basic version as part of gamepass. I’m sure the FIFA, Battlefield backlog continue to bring them a lot of engagement and with the more recent ones, money through MTX and some conversion to retail purchases. Soon, Mass Effect LE will surely cause some surge.

2 Likes

Doubt it. Ubisoft plus is day 1 ubisoft games. It’s not a low tier vault sub like EA

Ubisoft should do a legacy one though

You’re all welcome. It took my sacrifice of picking up more Ubisoft titles and DLCs from the Countdown to 2022 event in order for this to happen.

Bill Murray Drink GIF

8 Likes

Me too!!! My sacrifices of buying the majority of their games day one at full price including some digital games and double dipping with The Division 2 for Xbox despite already owning it for PS4.

pats self on back, twice Hehehe

1 Like

People really think a 14.99 monthly sub service will be folded into gamepass? I know gamers are unrealistic but come on…

Might as well expect Netflix to just be added to gamepass no extra cost.

1 Like

Fr lol

At most an EA play equivalent with old ass games.

I feel this pricing structure is going to fail like it’s $10/month more than EA Access and $5 more than gamepass. I do feel they should go EA Access PC route and have a lump sum fee of like $100/year that lets you sub for the whole year.

Kinda what I’m hoping for, most games I can wait 6-12 months for lol

3 Likes

You get Ubisoft games and their deluxe dlc versions day 1. It’s not an unfair price. It’s basically the same as EA Play Pro but with dlc

1 Like

Ngl, I’d buy a vault sub and if discounted with Game Pass or on Black Friday, get an annual of premium. I don’t love all of Ubisoft’s stuff but there’s enough they release YoY for me to typically justify the price. And their back catalog is legitimately killer. Amazing gems there.

1 Like

especially from Ubisoft

9 Likes

They got EA Play first and then incorporated into GP, now the got Ubisoft+ first, launching their game day1 on GP, probably a vault thing like EA too. The two biggest 3rd party publishers on all platforms. But some people here want us to think MS don’t have clout, leverage or deep relationships in the industry or something.

5 Likes

Yeah nobody should be expecting Ubisoft+ to get incorporated into GP but some sort of old vault like EA play should be possible

and MS is the richest company in the world, the idea of them not having a lot of clout when they want to is silly to say the least

2 Likes

If this is any indication of Ubi wanting a cut (a more expensive GP with Ubi packaged in), I’m curious if EA would a slice of that same pie.

Nah

EA’s lifespan of games isnt long with the exception of the battlefields pretty much and they get the benefit of game pass for population and microtransactions money.

Fully agree. Definitely worth it going forward. Even tho I have a lot of the previous games gold editions, but didn’t jump into Valhalla yet. I’d sub periodically for a Ubi+ on Xbox.

1 Like

Guessing this was the thing @Shpeshal_Nick has teased previously?

Ubisoft games going the same way. They must don’t have the yearly sports rehashes EA do. But you can bet your bottom dollar games they put on gamepass will be heavily monetized with microtransactions. No franchise is safe. Not even Prince of Persia or Rayman. They’ll open world microtransaction up that to the max.

This is interesting.

1 Like