Ubisoft+ coming to Xbox in the future

$10/mo. for the vault level seems too high, tbh. EA Play is only $30/yr in comparison and they release more new titles in a year on average. They’ve been supporting it for years too, and even jumped on getting it worked into GP. That’s a good indication that this lower pricing is enough to make it worthwhile in exchange for losing some of the $20 or less customers. The vault really shouldn’t effect day one sales, the people willing to wait a year were always going to wait for that 80% off sale anyway. LOL

2 Likes

I think it’s pretty obvious that they will launch at $15 instead of the $20 which is the current price.

At $20 it really won’t attaract much attention and will be buy to play a month and then dump. They won’t get regular income this way and will only hurt there sales at launch.

$15 is minimum to keep the possibility of sub for the entire year.

I would say that Ubisoft’s vault is far more valuable than EA’s because half of EA’s vault is sports games and why would anyone play Madden 15 when the could play Madden 22 instead? Especially when there’s minimal difference.

I’m expecting $10/$15/$20 but if it’s cheaper, even better. All I care about though is day one games and DLC. This is what I wanted EA to do but they decided not to. Of course, im not someone who stays subscribed month after month. I normally sign up for a month, play and complete the game that I was interested in and then cancel. Then I just repeat the process for the next game/expansion.

I mainly just don’t want to think yeah, this shit is going to be cheap and then it’s not. I rather go high so if the price is lower for what I want, then it will be a nice surprise.

good good. But I think most people forgetting has to do with just how many subs they now gotta manage and keep up with. It’s literally cable all over again :rofl:

Basically this meme

4 Likes

LMFAO!!! Hahaha :rofl:

In general, I agree. I only have a single subscription that I pay for every month which is Hulu. My friend lets me use her Netflix account and for stuff like Disney or Apple, I sign up for a month and binge watch the few shows im interested in and then cancel. Hehe.

1 Like

Haha. This is the way.

Hulu is good I think, yeah, particularly I like the FX section. A lot of good original shows on it. Although the service doesn’t exist here, a lot of the FX/Hulu stuff come as part of Disney+ Hotstar service which I have.

Me choosing Hulu was because of the FX/Fox shows. They had/have a lot of great shows that I never would have watched otherwise. Netflix is good too but no reason for me to pay for it. lol

Apple only has one current show for me - SEE with Jason Mamoa. There may be one or two other shows in a few months but as of now, it’s just one show so I will wait and see what happens with the few other shows im interested in. Also, I always wait until the season is complete. I can’t watch “weekly” shows anymore. That ended a decade ago for me. lol

Disney has a few shows but im waiting for one or two to conclude so I can binge them.

Back to Ubisoft, hoping they announce the tiers/prices soon so I can decide what I want to do come March. Oh man, happy days are here again!!! lol

So, a news cycle begins…

3 Likes

Someone should email or text @ProgStopper. lol

1 Like

I can imagine there being a higher level GPU tier that includes Ubisoft+ and EA Play Premium or whatever it is called. I don’t think this is all they are doing in partnership with Xbox since it officially says it is coming yet says more about it is to be announced later on. That suggests there might be more than just a bolted on option.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Ubisoft/status/1478774844976205827

That “Expect more news in the future :eyes:” definitely kinda sus

3 Likes

Yup, that was what caught my eye too. Also notice how they say ‘until then, here is a GP day 1 game!’…which is kinda interesting back to back (or it can be me reading too much into it too).

2 Likes

:drum:

I guess that’s a bit of a stretched read haha

My guess is we get a discount for being a GPU sub as a perk maybe. As per their twitter comments, Ubisoft Plus on Xbox “will be a separate subscription from Game Pass.”

1 Like

Yep. That language still leaves room for a basic tier that is suffixed to Ubisoft+ to come in later. It’s the reverse of EA’s case where the core brand of “EA Play” is the basic tier and the Pro is suffixed to it and not part of gamepass. In Ubisoft’s case, because of the weird naming, “Ubisoft+” will be the premium tier that won’t be included with GP, but with maybe a “Ubisoft+ Lite” or whatever being suffixed, that can slot in easily.

Without a basic vault like EA Play on GP I can’t see it getting traction, like EA subs exploded with the inclusion of basic tier in GP.

1 Like

For me this is great news. I’m usually interested in the newest Assassins Creed game but don’t want to spend 60 bucks on it. Now I can try the games for 20 bucks.

That only exists on PC though, right? For EA I mean.

Yeah. EA Play Pro isn’t on console, because it includes several third party games as well, something MS might not want on their console conflicting with Gamepass.

Ah yes, that’s why then.