Ubisoft+ coming to Xbox in the future

Phil has talked about wanting to have more tiers to GP. I could imagine a higher priced tier that included EA Play Pro and Ubisoft+ as it exists today. I could also see Ubi+ getting trimmed down to align with EA Play (i.e. having a 6-12 month old vault library) that MS could bring into GPU.

2 Likes

I would also add that MS will become a huge publisher in its own right going forward, and Zenimax is huge and will only get bigger too. Plus, if SEGA is working towards putting all of its games into xCloud, that also means those will all be GP games too. MS is slowly gathering up enormous support for GP far beyond where it even is today imho. I would not be shocked if in a few yrs we have partnerships with Xbox and Devolver or Focus Home on a uniform basis too.

there is only way to get that drop $6B on UBI.

Awesome news. I love Ubisoft to me they’re been the best 3rd party developer for a number of years. A shame they seem to want to make F2P games now mind

I’d like to take credit for this.

I just bought several Ubisoft games in the end of year sales on Switch and Xbox Store that would be included with this!

You’re welcome!!

1 Like

It would be a win-win for me.

This is good news regardless. For those that purchase every major Ubi game and DLC and that kind of thing, this would be a savings even at $15/mo. Doesn’t do a thing for me since I would just wait for a good sale and grab these. A sub with older games would be more my thing, even if it is separate from GP. I had EA Play for a couple years after I got my X1, it was a good value on its own (even better now that it is included with GPU).

sooooo. Any idea where this is at?

wouldnt expect anything until maybe Ubisoft’s E3

Im more concerned about SoT remake. I have 0 interest in anything else ubisoft do. Except rayman which they have ignored

1 Like

The Prince of Persia title? It’s been forever or feels like it since seen anything about it, last I remember was it being delayed because of how bad of a job it was with the internet letting Ubisoft know it wouldn’t be acceptable.

1 Like

Because it was essentially a pc port at that point that looked like a 360 hd version.

Theyre probably remaking the visuals from the ground up if its taking this long

1 Like

For a second there, I thought you were poking fun at Skull & Bones and calling it a Sea of Thieves remake. Lol

4 Likes

Exactly. Lets hope for our sake they’ve been spending the time for proper asset recreation for 4K. If not, its should crater upon release.

I’d want a combat revamp too and polish up some of the platforming.

1 Like

I have Ubisoft fatigue. Not sure if I’ll subscribe or not.

I’m hoping Ubisoft+ will be on Xbox before Avatar releases so I don’t have to buy the game. Hehehe. Especially considering the fact that it’s going to be a long term live service game.

The future is sure taking its sweet ass time to arrive.

2 Likes

I won’t. Unless they have their old PoP games on it.

I have modern era open world Ubisoft fatigue and I won’t be touching those games but I wouldn’t mind going back to those old AC games.

I was thinking about Ubisoft+ classic library on PS+. Do you guys think Xbox Game Pass gets the same offering or something different? Lately we have seen a lot more Ubisoft games coming to Xbox Game Pass. Can Ubisoft+ classic be a exclusive PlayStation feature?

I prefer if we on Xbox (and PC) could just get a Ubisoft+ classic library instead of slowly releasing title for title on Game Pass. I understand doing it this way it is great to spread all the games and fill-up the Game Pass content. One of the things I am not sure about is for how long will these old backlog of Ubisoft games stays on the service. Most (single player) games in EA just stay on EA Play on the service. I hope games on Ubisoft+ classic service stays on it. And we can’t know if these games keep on Game Pass forever.

Hard to say. Xbox tends to announce library of games on the very day if not lineup announcement, like how they did it with Bethesda. PS likes to announce way ahead to steal your attention. Like Playstation Stars, which is not out yet, so why announce it so far, or how they say they will get more of classic titles down the line, but can’t say when for which title. Xbox is more blunt as PS is more of hype now, deliver later.

1 Like