Tunic |OT| Zeldan Ring

Finished the demo as well. The bigger knight can be a little bit of a challenge but nothing too crazy here. Fun little game.

Is this the OT now? Cant find another thread to discuss.

1 Like

Well, here we go, just started up on Tunic and the firecrackers and Incendiary bombs are OP. The big Guard Captain died in 2 hits, one of each.Also if you are fast enough you can just open the gate and run away, avoiding and entire boss fight. I didn’t realize this at first but when I went back thinking the room was a dead-end, I looked around a bit and found the steps where just behind a pillar. Glad I did too because I wouldn’t have explored the hero’s tomb for the sword.

1 Like

Just discovered what the collectable items at the bottom right in your inventory do.

You can offer these at a respawn statue to improve your stats. Highly recommend!

Rang the first bell and now I’m at some atoll. But can’t swim. Yet?

1 Like

The Salesfox scared the shit out of me, I saw it come up from the void a giant skeletal body and just said nope and started to leave until the items appeared!

3 Likes

I went to the southeast corner to another area and found out we can sort of float on water, so I floated over to pick up a chest, but the water was pretty shallow. Also, thanks for the tip!

1 Like

Haha, same here. That looked like another boss fight death at first. But it was kind and offered me lots of overpowered bombs. Will visit there again.

Now there are some birds which run away and don’t attack me. Do i kill them? I don’t want to.

auto turrets == hate

1 Like

I haven’t encountered them but I guess unless they attack, as for the turrets, I’m going to keep a supply of the firecracker bombs ready for them.

The peppers give a temporary attack boost. There’s also a card we can find with a heart on it, that we equip and enemies start dropping health.

1 Like

Nice. Do you know what the coin does?

Also, look behind every waterfall!

If I find the right waterfall I will, I think I have seen 2 or 3, one of them I ran behind to go to a cave under the house with the stick. Don’t know what the coin does yet, but I’m guess the blue fruit restores magic as I couldn’t use it because I don’t have magic and the red strawberry one probably restores health or it could be a health boost, waiting to get a second one to find out. The ceramic fox heads are piggy banks or a soul of a brave warrior, but not as plentiful.

I found out what the coin does :man_facepalming:t2: You throw it into a well, of course

if you do this three times you get another spot for the ability cards. Nice! (this is btw on page 20 of the cute manual)

1 Like

6 Likes

How does this game compare to Deaths Door? I found that a bit boring if I’m being honest but this game looks great. I love 2D zelda.

I would say it’s not as fast paced, instead of skills you get items that have a limited uses but you can buy some of them back like bombs, healing is dark souls like, but you can find an item that allows for a more Zelda like experience of killing an enemy and getting a heart pick up, stamina for rolling and blocking once you find the shield. But really just try it out, all you will lose is time if you don’t like it because it’s on game pass.

1 Like
1 Like

I panicked and started throwing bombs at him until realising what his purpose is :laughing:

1 Like

The first real boss eat up most of my bombs and items. Died 5 or 6 times but i triumphed at the end. Found some more pages from the manual and seems like there is some form of fast travel. And its getting more strange and mysterious. Like FEZ i need some pen and paper (and a coffee).

1 Like

https://twitter.com/PMaka1991/status/1504306986803937284

4 Likes

its on page 24 of the ingame manual btw. Its not real fast travel. You travel to another dimension/level? and there you can navigate to other pads and travel back. But not everything is connected there.

i really dig how this game explains itself.

1 Like