Tokyo Game Show being kicked off by Xbox!

No news on xcloud for Japan?

“No next gen news”

Refers to software and hardware

Xcloud isn’t next gen so they could still talk about it.

1 Like

dude, i’m getting tired of Xbox marketing, for real

No in fact if you follow carefully the translation by Gematsu it means no next gen hardware news

Oh wait are they being slick there?

[X] No new next gen news

That’s a double negative. It should be – [X] new next gen news – if there really was no new news right? Ok ok that’s a stretch. Well I guess they’ll have to give us news sometime.

This is really cool move by team Xbox, as I suspect this will mainly be about promoting GamePass and hopefully adding XCloud services to Japan. Mobile gaming is huge in Japan, so adding XCloud is a no-brainer. It could be the best way for Xbox to grow their ecosystem in an important market that traditionally doesn’t show Xbox much love.

The icing on the cake would be for a few new high profile Japanese developed games to be announced for the Xbox One and Series X/S.

If announced by then, I could also see marketing for the Series S being pushed more so than the Series X (more affordable and smaller form factor) to the TGS audience.

1 Like

What do you want them to do? In their first time talking about tgs in the west, they clearly state there will be no next gen news. They did a good job.

2 Likes

This is like laying on an air mattress that has a hole in it. :frowning:

1 Like

It’s like Gamescom. Show presents and nothing else. I’m pretty sure Matt Booty talked about that they have for ever new event something new to show. Those marketing gods at Xbox.

I’m tired, Robbie.

Most importantly, will Phil speak Japanese again?

I’m sleep

No news…again. Honestly this console launch is embarrassing . Sony is gearing up for another event while the XSX has literally nothing for the foreseeable future. I wonder how MS will market this thing.

? Neither party has announced an event this month. Both parties will have one this month, I’m not worried.

1 Like

The more I think about it, the more I think people should temper expectations for the TGS show. We’re unlikely going to see any major announcements outside of some additional Japanese support and probably a focus on Xcloud. Next gen probably won’t be highlighted much, if at all here.

1 Like

I think people are still disappointed. The first time in years back to TGS and no major announcement. A shame. I still take ports. Persona, Trails Series and the rest of Yakuza would be pretty sweet.

I just realized they already confirmed no next gen news at TGS lol. They better have an additional Series X show this month or they might as not bother launching this year.

That’s the infamous Xbox marketing. Better invest money in energy drinks or cookies advertisement.

Xbox said no NEW next-gen news. Sounds like there will be next-gen news, just nothing we haven’t heard/seen before.

I hope we get Nioh on Xbox.

1 Like