Tokyo Game Show being kicked off by Xbox!

This is awesome. I hope they do ally announce when the rest of the FF titles are coming to Gamepass

The Verge: Final Fantasy Series coming to Game Pass in 2020

Also, I believe in the article Phil Spencer has said they have been working with SE on bringing FFXIV over to Xbox, so that would be awesome if that’s talked about too.

But as others have said, I wanna hear when FF7R is coming over to XSX. I’d assume it wouldn’t be till March/April 2021, but confirmation would be great.

Maybe they bought SEGA !? :wink:

1 Like

@XboxP3 please if you pass by and read this

If you have really planned a new showcase, your team really needs for all the lenght of the show to nail it down 100% by doing this

What we want to see is simple

-Show impressive real time gameplay footage running on Xbox Series X showing its true capability, and its various features.

-No more CGI or in engine trailer running on pc mimicking XSX.

Thanks for being here!

3 Likes

Awesome!

I second this. Please show gameplay. We’re dying to see how actual real time gameplay looks like running on the beast.

2 Likes

I would have absolutely 0 expectations for this, probably like that e3 and gamscom thing that one year that was just rehash with a little gamepass/xcloud in japan

Making an @ at Phil?

Jokes aside. I think people should give devs a break on this because we are in unprecidented global times. Doing a gameplay vertical slice during this time when devs are finding it hard to do work from home is asking a bit much and the reason you are seeing some slices is from games nearer to release that would have the capability to show some game-play. Hopefully we might see something in the next while but I don’t think it will be a MS game (My current feeling is we might see Watch Dogs Legion running on Series X at the next Ubi Forward on the 10th). But we’ll eventually start seeing it as games with support start wrapping up and going gold over the next month or two.

For this TGS show, what I’d hope to see is an announcement of some good partnerships with publishers and developers in Japan with maybe a couple of ports of games that missed Xbox in the last few years like Persona, Guilty Gear, Granblue and Nioh. They already had a huge get in Dragon Quest back at the showcase because Dragon Quest is one of the most stubbornly conservative Japanese IP’s going and it does show some confidence in the game pass concept. A few XGS titles done in association with Japanese developers and maybe some new stuff from Capcom, Square, Bandai Namco and maybe more would be a good showing.

2 Likes

Guys imagine a Lost Odyssey 2/remake or a new Ninja Gaiden being revealed at this event. :weary:

2 Likes

doubt theres gunna be new exclusives/games revealed here, def not at that caliber

I know, but let a mans dream :pensive:

1 Like

Yeah, probably just Game Pass and xCloud-related stuff.

“Temper your expectations”. Is xcloud in Japan? Would be a good day to shadow drop it in japan. Not really expecting much from this though but I’m open to being surprised. Go ahead phil blow my mind.

1 Like

Really cool to see. Keep getting that Japanese support Phil! I’m ready to see new stuff, but I’m not gonna get my hopes up. Tales of Arise has been quiet for too long and the delay into next year hurt my soul, but as long as they take their time with it and make it good, it’ll be fine. Plus it gives them more time to make it look pretty on Series X :D. Elden Ring would be nice but not getting my hopes up. I’m sure, like many have said, it’ll be xcloud and game pass focused with a few “late ports” announced and stuff. Still looking forward to this! :slight_smile:

Just remembered that PSO2 NGS is gonna be shown at TGS. So we’ll at least get that. Probly new Yakuza: Like a Dragon info as well.

1 Like

Yeah consoles are pretty dead there, unless ya consider Switch a ‘console’.

No next gen stuff at TGS, wtf. At least they addressed it now

1 Like

Well, a lil let down to say the least but at least we know ahead of time. Also, celebrating Japanese game creators and games still gives me hope for more ports :')

Thanks for warning us at least and kill all excitement. It is better setting expectations straight cause we were thinking they would show some japanese next gen games…

Glad they set the expectations straight. Still, it is really nice to see MS doing a dedicated event for Japanese creators.

Curious to see whether the Series X can make some inroads in Japan. Xbox headlining TGS is a good first step. Sony seems to have largely given up on regaining ground in its home turf and will just coast on third party games to move PS5 units in that market.

No news on next gen hardware right? Means we can still have news on next gen software or already announced games like Elden Ring?