Tokyo Game Show being kicked off by Xbox!

I am not trying to predict that Xbox will sell a crazy number, but the interesting thing is that the clearly real Xbox Series S console should be much smaller than the other next gen consoles and could be an interesting option for some in Japan.

50 min has lot potential

4 Likes

Hopefully we will have good news about asian games. And oh boy, imagine if they finally builds a japanese or an asian studio :smiley:

Interesting.

Iā€™m expecting a big focus on xCloud for this event, Japan loves mobile gaming.

1 Like

Obviously they will advertise xcloud and gamepassā€¦ Like theyā€™ve been doing every where else.

Itā€™s big, for sure. And the showcase is 50 minutes. Way too much time to just talk about xcloud and gamepass.

1 Like

Would be strange to be the opener and donā€™t have something to show.

Do you guys think itā€™s just going to be a rehash of the May/July event? like they usually do at gamescon

They havenā€™t announced xcloud for Japan yet. It is not mentioned at all on the Xbox Japan homepage. Even the description of gamepass which only launched in Japan a few months ago, doesnā€™t mention that streaming is on the way.

To say that the Xbox one has failed in Japan would be a massive understatement. They literally sell dozens of consoles here each week. Xcloud with a partnership with SoftBank or docomo would be a great opportunity to make a foothold here.

Thatā€™s why I think there will be a larger xcloud focus than you would see at an American event.

They used to be there with early 360 days and actually had some constant news from the event.

Hope we eventually get to that level of support again.

I think they will have plenty to show in terms of content but I think itā€™s mostly going to be third party and XGS is the wildcard. I could see a game or two they are working with independent Japan developers with XGS publishing but Iā€™m not sure on anything else. Forza and Killer Instinct do have small but dedicated fanbases in Japan. If they have KI in development it could be a great opportunity to announce there. It will be interesting to see what they have to show though.

Excellent news! 1st time for Xbox to kick off the TGS right?

Hope they nailed it and deliver some big surprisesā€¦Weā€™ll see.

50 minutes? Thatā€™s a lot of time to fill. Iā€™m going to try to keep my speculations in check, but man my brain is starting to run wild. :smile:

1 Like

Yā€™all probably know at this point, butā€¦ Xbox has been working on a exclusive japanese title for a while. I didnā€™t found out if will be full exclusive to Series X, but, my bets are with Xbox Game Publishingā€¦

hope they reveal it during TGS

10 Likes

Interesting! Any other details?

1 Like

Wow, great news!

I wonder what they will show. Would be a nice place to announce a new japanese studioā€¦

I feel like Xcloud is going to help Xbox in these markets MUCH more, they probably wonā€™t give up as fast because pushing xcloud wouldnā€™t be too costly there than having to stock shelves with consoles and hoping people buy them. Surely itā€™s only marketing costs to get people onto Xcloud and server costs but Azure is already in these places so thatā€™s a bit murky.

Anyway itā€™s I hope it does well there so they have more options in these markets :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure I expect them to show anything new, possibly extra game play of something known, and maybe an additional set of third party games or something. That said, I think itā€™s good theyā€™re going back, just for visibility. And if they DO announce xCloud, I agree with others that this would be a good market for it.

Nothing beyond that for now. Although, this is a secret at the same level of TIā€™s game (The Initiative). Not many people knows what this project will be.

How long has this been in some form of development?