Xbox Acquisition |OT| - So We’re Back to Making Lists, Huh?

One of them is a pvp team based shooter. It’s there second project.

First is a third person game. Insane graphics.

Yup, they have already posted a video on their twitter account, go check it out.

Phil has already visited them (there is a photo taken). Xbox has definitely seen what they are working on, if they were impressed, they could try to acquire them. But they’ll be another shooter studio, don’t think Xbox necessarily needs more of that.

Could Spenser have been visiting them for Global Publishing?

2 Likes

I think Embark Studio is already owned by Nexon.

4 Likes

Yep. Nexon acquired Embark Studio almost 18 months ago.

3 Likes

But yeah, who knows, maybe it could have been for Global Publishing. They’ve got several AAA titles in the work apparently. I remember back when it was announced that MS would make a showcase at the TGA, there was a journalist verified here who heard about a Japanese project with Microsoft.

Edit : found it

2 Likes

@Boosted_Gear

Could that have possibly been Yakuza: Like a Dragon being a timed exclusive? I know it’s not Global Publishing but that post implies that it could have been, not that it was.

1 Like

I’ve got no idea. I think at that point, Yakuza was already announced as a timed exclusive.

Possibly. I’m not sure when the Yakuza deal was announced. The only Japanese game that would have any impact for Microsoft and Xbox would have been getting timed/full exclusivity for Final Fantasy XVI which obviously didn’t happen.

At this point, I think Microsoft/Spencer should just ensure that the Japanese games hit Xbox the same day as they hit PlayStation and if anything, they would be better off paying for the game to be in Game Pass day one as opposed to timed exclusivity.

1 Like

But what if it is both timed exclusive and in Game Pass Day One ?

That would be good. I care more about the game being in Game Pass day one if I had to choose though.

1 Like

We all talk about studios and that but I wonder if MS would buy just IP too, if companies are willing to sell it. I would love for Crytek to sell the Ryse IP to MS that would be sick if they don’t want to make the game themself. Obviously MS wants studios for body count but IP could be a good idea too if it’s the right IP.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind Microsoft acquiring the Ryse IP and then letting Ninja Theory develop the sequel after Hellblade 2.

2 Likes

oh boy don’t you tease me like that

1 Like

Hahaha. Ninja Theory would be my first choice with Arkane second but NT would be a perfect fit in my opinion.

Maybe with help from The Coalition to help with UE5, Ninja Theory working on the combat while The Coalition works on the world and the other stuff. I seriously think we’ll get co-dev’d games like that in future, if it makes sense of course.

Endless possibilities really, I also do think MS will create extra teams within studios like the Fable team within Playground Games. I think MS is going scatter gun shot just do everything to grow. Buy and build, do whatever it takes to grow. Other companies must be shitting themselves, Google and Amazon are probably like shit we should’ve been doing that years ago but now it’s too late.

1 Like

Definitely endless possibilities which makes me the most positive, hyped and excited for Xbox I have been in over a decade. I don’t even know why Google and Amazon even bothered to be honest as they have little to gain unless they just explode/take off which I don’t see happening any time soon if ever.

I don’t think that Ninja Theory would need The Coalition’s help. Hellblade is very similar to Ryse and melee combat focused, I think Ninja Theory could easily pull it off themselves. Besides, isn’t The Coalition helping The Initiative with the MP modes for Perfect Dark? And of course, Gears 6.

One thing I don’t want to see is studios/teams spreading themselves thin to where games take longer than they should or where some games hit and others don’t.

1 Like

Yup I feel this too, long gone are the days of the shit in 2013/14.

It’s funny they did a Microsoft and joined in too late, Microsoft is famous for this haha.

Yeah you’re probably right on this, it’s more of The Coalition are really good with UE5 and I would love for Ryse to have an even bigger graphical sex appeal and I think they would be a massive help for that. On if they’re doing PD MP I have no idea, but yeah they’re probably working on Gears 6.

I think I need to say whenever I talk about stuff I don’t only speak about near near future, I do tend to just think just in future at any point it would be cool not like it has to be out in the next 2 years haha. Pretty much the thought of it would be cool is what I’m saying not it’s 100% possible and I think it’s happening. :slight_smile:

I agree, at least XGS would be such a dynamic place to work it. I’m sure they have some sort of internal messaging thing where all the teams can ask for advice or something like that and teams can help each other out with things. Just think about all the knowlege they would be able to share across all the teams. The Coalition could have a huge issue for themselves but Undeadlabs has already came across that issue before and are able to help them troubleshoot it faster. Stuff like that I think is super cool and probably super overlooked by people.

1 Like

I mean they did this with Gears, so I could definitely see that happening, payoffs at a studio that’s struggling for cash. Konami :eyes::eyes:

2 Likes

I would love if Microsoft acquired the Tomb Raider and Castlevania IPs!

2 Likes