Tips for old games that are MASSIVELY improved on Xbox Series X

No idea what framerate The Walking Dead The Final Season was on One X, but after the intro bit which seems to be 30fps, it is a smooth 60fps right now with dips here and there. I think Telltale went for a unlocked framerate then?

Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s still available. But if anyone got Sword Coast Legends on Xbox one it is now actually pretty awesome on SX.

Still 1080p, but a locked 60fps and the loading times (which were an eternity long) are now in the range of 10-15s.

I stopped playing on xbone because of the super long loadings but now will definitely complete on SX

The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter is now a locked 60fps @ 4k with Auto HDR on SX.

Is that a full crpg like baldurs gate/divinity?

Yes, itā€™s very close to Neverwinter Nights in overall art style. Itā€™s also real time with pause rather than the turn based of Divinity

Bioshock Collection is very good on SX.

For the first and second there is a very minor frame hitch bug which is barely noticeable but totally eliminated if the console is set to offline. Both 4k, 60fps.

Infinite is a totally locked 60fps with nothing needing done. Even though its apparently 1440p itā€™s rather beautiful for its age and looks crisp and sharp.

However, the big boost is the Auto HDR which is superb and really transforms all 3. With the first and Infinite looking particularly great as a result. I was very nervous about buying the remastered collection, but all rather good considering the age of them.

How come Dark Souls 3 is still 30fps locked on XSX?

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow has Auto HDR and insanely fast loading times. The framerate is uncapped, so it hits 60fps. It is still 720p, though.

It sadly didnā€™t get an One X enhanced patch so itā€™s still at the 900p/30fps limbo. :frowning:

LoS needs a resolution boost now that the frame-rate hits 60fps, at 4k/60fps it will look amazing.

1 Like

I love the first Lords of Shadow. For my money this was the best game of this genre at itā€™s time. Have zo check that out on Series X

The other day I watched a clip of TWD Final Season on Youtube and I noticed how much longer the loading times are there. Itā€™s so much faster with the SSD. And the framerate difference is really nice too. Itā€™s pretty much 60fps now. Makes me wonder about the previous games.

I would really, REALLY like ms to uncap dark souls 3 - since from wont even patch it for xbox ONE x

On ps5 it is 60 - since the game got a ps4pro patch

I dont play 30fps games anymore

Microsoft is still working on a BC feature that could double capped frane-rates on previous generations ( as shown by their video with Fallout 4 ), so it is possible that Dark Souls 3 will be included there.

Attack on Titan was a sloppy 60 fps is now very smooth, a recomendation for every aot fan!

Attack_on_Titan_2_cover_art

unnamed

1 Like

Yep, Bioshock 1 really shines with auto HDR and the initial scenes of Infinite with all the candles is a joy to see with it too.

Of course on One X the performance was a bit variable which isnā€™t the case any more.

My choice is a bit odd but bear with me. Itā€™s Agents of Mayhem.

Available for dirt cheap now the progression in performance with the generations is outstanding.

Utterly unplayable garbage on Xbox One

Ok but variable to hell performance on One X with some severe dips all the way from 60 to like the teens.

Not even locked to 60 on Series X but so much better. Makes the game feel nice to actually traverse the world now.

Ok I went back to testing this after your report but itā€™s locked 30 fps on my Series X. You sure you played this in 60fps? This double framerate technique canā€™t come soon enough

A gif to give you a perspective how this game is. A little like Spiderman actually :o

Since this game has building destruction the CPU on xbox one tanks heavy.

Bioshock has gorgeous art and time shows it is still a dam good looking game.

Desperados III is now 60fps. Doesnā€™t have HDR unfortunately though.

I havenā€™t touched Bioshock since my wife and I finished it at launch, This would be a great reason for a fresh run. Likewise, I dumped fallout 4 mid way through my run on PS4, I kinda wouldnt mind another reason to dip into that either.

1 Like